Happy Birthday, Michael! - Fourteenth Chapter

/| Dedicated for all Michael Myers' fans out there. |\

/| Fifty-Eighth, Wednesday, First-Year - July 2 |\

/| Dark Streets |\

I don't quite know why I was in these streets in the first place, in this unknown town. I don't remember ever visiting this area in my life. I also don't know how I got there. All I knew is that I was walking.

I looked around, observing and detailing my surroundings. It seemed like a banal neighbourhood like I already saw a thousand times in my life. A peaceful, calm and child-friendly, perfect for families that are searching for some peace.

The weather was dreary if I could tell this like that. I wasn't sure if it was caused by day being chased away and replaced by night. Or if it was because of the cloud hiding the sun's ray.

It wasn't important, the thing was that I hardly distinguished the colours around you. All of it was in a shade of grey. A depressing shade of grey.

But, it was calm. Hugely calm. Abnormally calm.

The town was like... abandoned. There were no cars on these roads, the houses were emptied of their owners and no one was wandering on these dark way.

'There is not one hint of life near of here.' I remember thinking.

No one could help me. I was lost in a place that I didn't acknowledge at all.

But, I kept walking, what else to do? Maybe I hoped to come across something that could be serviceable.

I could've knocked on the door of one of the residence. But, as I've mentioned, the houses really seemed empty.

The silence was heavy, the birds didn't chirp, even the wind was quiet.

The only noises that I could hear at this moment were my own footsteps and breathing.

In the beginning, I thought that I was the only living soul here. But, I quickly started to sense a presence, an intimidating presence around me. I felt eyes watching me as if someone was stalking me.

It, like any ordinary human being, made extremely nervous, checking behind my shoulder each minute. My inspiration quicken as I started walking fast.

To verify if someone was there, I stopped in my track, blocked my respiration. I tried to make the less movement and sounds possible. I was alert, trying to discern any suspicious sounds.

That is when I noticed it.

A stiffened, lengthy respiration.

I didn't know where it came from.

From behind me? Was it next to me?

I didn't know, all I was sure was that it was near.

I was panicked, I immediately began jogging forward. Well, I, at least, started walking swiftly on this road.