Lost - Sixteenth Chapter

/| Day Seventy-Fifth, Saturday, First Year - July 19 |\

/| Inside |\

-"I just don't want to go outside." Mumbled Michael in a breath, as if he told this a thousand time, looking at the window without any interest.

You two were in his room, the ambience silent, peaceful, the night slowly falling as you stared at him with concern.

You made slow steps behind him, before dropping one hand on his shoulder, "Why?"

He hushed, not saying a word, only breathing heavily, before muttering quietly, "You know why."

You sighed, sitting next to him, on his bed, enjoying the silence with him while thinking of the next thing to say.

His hand sneaked to yours, intertwining your fingers tenderly, and gave it a light squeeze. He wasn't really into physical contact, nor showing affection, but he did make efforts for you.

He rarely gave hugs, and, when he did, it was more some delicate hands hugs, it was a pleasant feeling, it warmed his heart, he told you.

He also showed some sort of affection to Norman and Jason, as you observed. It was difficult, him being discreet, at the point that most of his attempts of showing love were unnoticed.

After a few minutes of reflection, knowing what say, you looked over Michael's, taking your eyes off the window.

Your (Y/E/C) orbs glanced into Michael's clear ones, and you noticed that his eyes weren't on the window, admiring the dark scenery, but looking down at something.

You gazed down, at your entwined fingers, the object of Michael interest. You let a small smile stretch on your tired face, before whispering, "I don't think it is helping you, Michael."

-"Maybe," He told, intensely focused on your hands, detailing the patterns of your digits.

-"The air is fresher outside, plus, it's the summer, and we have to enjoy the warmth and the sun while it is still there... And, I know you don't want to live what happened some days ago, but-"

He growled, cutting you, before sighing harshly, "I just don't wanna, (Y/N). Stop trying."

You looked down, not daring to say anything, scared that you had angered him.

He shifted in his seat, before telling, sounding bitter and sorry at the same time, "Look, I appreciate that you are trying to get me better, I guess, but I'm fine. I just don't want to. Jason and Norman will agree with me."

You nodded, squeezing his hand in comfort, trying to lighten his mood, and yours at the same time, "Okay, sweetie,"

You approached your lips from his blond locks, before dropping a gentle kiss on the top of his head, "Just, promise me that, if you need talk, you won't hesitate to come to me?" You asked, full of hopes and concerns.

You heard a silent chuckle as Michael hid his head in the crook of your neck, and whispered, "I promise, (Y/N)."

You could sense his timid smile in his voice, and you petted his silky hair before getting up, murmuring, "Goodnight, Michael."

{Time Skip}

-"You don't wanna go out either, don't you?" You asked, not daring to look up, playing with your thumbs, waiting for his answer.

You saw, from the corner of the eye, Norman shift suddenly on his seat, becoming quickly uncomfortable, staring at you with surprise in his eyes before asking curtly, "W- why are you asking t- that?"