Safe and Sound -Chapter Twelfth-

/| Forty-Second day, Monday, first-year - June 16 |\

/| Away |\

It was so dark. I couldn't distinguish what was surrounding me. It was so obscure that I could feel, touch the darkness, it was suffocating. It was a misery to breathe, the air being so heavy.. so smothering.

Never in my life, I felt this lonely, this hopeless.. this vulnerable. There was nothing, it was the complete void. It felt like death, honestly. Or hell, in a way.

After a moment of complete silence, of complete nothingness, I began hearing screams.

Some.. horrible screeches.. oh god, only by writing it down, I have tears prickling my eyes.. it was horrible...

It was called.. desperate help calls... I could hear Bubba shouting for 'Baa boo' or for 'Mama' all of it distorted with some sorrowful, helpless laments... My heart still aches because of this.. he is like a son for me.. just terrible to hear him cry like that...

But, I couldn't do anything... I could hear the others cry so hard, whilst some even yelled, terrify...

But. I. Could. Do. Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

I couldn't move, it was like I didn't have a body. I was only present, able to do nothing, except to listen to these horrible weeping and shrieks...

I told myself that, at least, I didn't saw them suffering, but, now I realize how much it is selfish. They deserved that someone comes and saves them... But... I did nothing.. I'm incompetent... I should've been there to help them...

But I did nothing.. I'm unable to protect them...

Why all of this is happening to me?

Teardrops soaked your small notebook, as you threw it away.

It restarted, again. You still had the dream where you ran in a field, this one didn't bother you, because, now, you had the worst nightmares. But, how could you be surprised? It was your odd imagination, as always. Nothing new. Why did you have to run away?

Tears rolled down your face, as you stiffened a sorrow whimper.

Maybe it was because it repeated each and every day. Maybe it was because they started to become more hideous each and every day.

You wiped your tears in a rough, quick movement, and jumped out of your bed. You couldn't stay in here anymore, the darkness of your room choked you, you had enough of this air from your dream. You needed fresh air.

You slipped on some shoes and ran out of the hospital, decided to be free of this suffocating darkness.

Outside, the breeze was perfect to reassure your agitated mind, it was pure. Enough warm so you didn't shiver at the coldness of the night, enough cool so your sweaty, afraid self could chill down a bit. The wind cleared your face from your wild locks, that went in all directions.

You stood there, on the hill where the hospital was set and admired the majestic, impressive view.

The sky was pitch black, ornamented with some small, glimmering glitters, or stars. Like a majestic masterpiece made out of diamonds spread across a dark obsidian rock, just beautiful.