Protection

It was day four of Kakashi's stay at Suna's Hospital and he was ready to exercise his chakra freely. Within those four days, Gaara had paid Naruto and Sasuke multiple visits and had spent most of his time with them. Much to Naruto and Sasuke's shock, Sakura had been spending much of her time with Sasori while watching over Kana and Haku. Sasuke once asked Sasori how he came to know their teammate. A thoughtful twinkle shone in the red head's eyes as he smirked.

   "Drapturns were in season."

   Sasuke, having absolutely no idea what that meant, resorted to asking around the village to find out just what she had been up to these last few years.

   "My, she's a saint!"

   "She's very kind- she cured my son of his illness and we owe everything to her!"

   "I heard that she's really scary. Rumor has it that Suna ran short of interrogators on a day she was visiting and she offered to take the position for the time being. She wouldn't be in a room for more than five minutes before the captives started screaming and crying."

   "She's a crazy one, I tell ya'. She's got the strength of a thousand men. If ya' value yer life, ya wouldn't cross 'er."

   Sasuke carefully gathered his thoughts and met the rest of his team at the village gates. Kana and Haku took hold of each of Sakura's hands as she conversed casually with Sasori. Naruto waved Sasuke over and leaned in close.

   "Isn't it kinda weird that Sakura's so friendly with all these people?"

   "It is."

   Team Seven left for Konoha half an hour later.

~

   "I'll turn in the report." Sakura said as they stepped foot through the gates of Konoha two days later, "Kana, Haku, and I'll meet you at Ichiraku's. Does that sound good?"

   "Of course it does, Sakura-chan!! We'll see you later, then!" Naruto exclaimed giddily. As the rest of Team 7 watched as her and the two kids walked off through the crowd, Kakashi turned to the two.

   "You two said that you needed to speak with me once we got back. What's the problem, boys?"

   Naruto and Sasuke exchanged glances.

   "Who's the third sannin, Kakashi-sensei?"

   "Tsunade Senju. She was on a genin team with Orochimaru-sama and Jiraiya-sama. The rumor was that they were extremely close until one day she up and left Konoha. No one has seen her, heard from her, or have known her whereabouts for over two decades. I know you two normally don't ask about this kind of stuff. What's with the change of interest?" Kakashi questioned airily. He had heard from the hospital staff that Sakura was a competent medic they'd take orders from despite her young age.

   He also had heard that they listened to her so intently because Sakura's wide range of knowledge was the direct outcome of Tsunade's tutelage.

   How Sakura had come across such a person, Kakashi had no idea. But then again, this was Sakura he was talking about. The person who got the best of him when she was only twelve years old. Suddenly, the gates opened up from behind them and two men walked through. Both were tall with huge muscles. Their headbands proudly displayed the symbol of the Hidden Mist and the enormous swords on their backs proved their standing in the infamous Seven Swordsman of the Mist.

   "Those guys..." Naruto whispered. The blue one surveyed his surroundings before his eyes landed on the three remaining members of Team Seven. The blue one made way towards them first, the one with the bottom half of his face wrapped following behind.

   "Sorry to bother you," the blue one greeted, scratching the back of his head, "But do you know where we could find Sakura Haruno?"

   "What's it to you?" Naruto asked immediately, narrowing his eyes. The stranger raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. Kakashi chuckled sheepishly and pulled Naruto backwards.

   "I apologize for his... behavior... but he means why do you want with her. We're rather close friends of hers and we just want to know who's asking." he explained. The man nodded once in understanding.

   "We're friends of Sakura as well. My name's Kisame Hoshigaki and this is a friend of mine, Zabuza Momochi. Sakura sent us a slug telling us to come to Konoha immediately. Would you tell us where she is?"

   Zabuza just looked on with hard eyes.

   "She's at the Hokage's office." Sasuke answered quietly. Kisame inclined his head in thanks. Sasuke watched as the two walked away, his eyes burning red with the sharingan. Once they were out of hearing range, Naruto exploded.

   "Just WHO is Sakura-chan making friends with, DATTEBAYO??!!"

~

A/N: Sorry for not updating, guys! School's starting and I barely have time to update now. But if you didn't already know, Eight Men and A Pink Haired Baby has been re-written. The story is called: Haruno By Name, Hoshigaki by Blood.