Itachi-san!

"Mebuki... Kizashi... it's been awhile. Sorry that I couldn't visit-- I was out of the village these past five years." Sakura murmured. She sat cross-legged in front of her parent's graves. "I liked the life out there. It was always exciting and you weren't restricted to an affiliation. Granted, you had to watch your back 24/7. You'd guess it was a hard life, but it wasn't. I loved it."

   A breeze passed, blowing Sakura's bangs to the side. She let a soft smirk grace her features before she stood up and stretched her legs.

   "I'll try to visit you guys more often. I'll see you later."

   She turned around to leave the cemetery and saw Itachi standing at the entrance. Her eyes lit up.

   "Itachi-san! It's been so long, how have you been?" Sakura questioned cheerily. She walked up to him with that same, bright smile she gave him years ago. Itachi could only stare silently. She was back and he hoped to Kami that she was real.

   "Itachi-san?"

   He took a step forward and cupped her cheeks with both his hands and rested his forehead against hers.

   "You have returned." he stated quietly, "I was not aware that you would be back today. Has your leave of absence finally reached it's due date?"

   She nodded, unable to form any words. He stared at her for a few more seconds before finally releasing her and taking a step back.

   "Come with me. Sasuke is bringing Naruto-kun over for dinner and I am sure that both them and my mother would be ecstatic to have you over." he said. Sakura nodded again, silently, and followed him to the Uchiha Compound.

   "Ne, Itachi-san?"

   Itachi glanced over his shoulder.

   "Yes, Sakura?"

   She flashed him a cute, innocent smile that nearly made his heart melt.

   "Tomorrow, if you have the time, let's go to that dango shop you like so much. I promised you we'd go there together, remember?"

   He didn't think she'd actually remember that promise. Itachi turned his head around and continued walking. Sakura was patient, giving him time to collect his thoughts. Suddenly, he gave a small nod, turning Sakura's smile into a wide grin.

~

   The Uchiha Main House was filled with pleasant chatter the minutes Itachi and Sakura stepped into the house. Naruto and Mikoto's voices were easily identifiable, with inputs from Sasuke. Fugaku was probably there as well, just eating and listening silently. Itachi entered the dining room first, where his mother scolded him lightly. Well, had begun to.

   "You're late, Itachi-kun! Where have you be-- Is that you, Sakura-chan?!"

   The food Naruto swallowed went down the wrong pipe and he choked on it quietly while Sasuke stared incredulously at his pink haired teammate in the doorway. Fugaku's lips quirked up slightly at the boy's reactions. He, of course, had already heard of her return. How? He had his ways. Mikoto jumped to her feet and brought Sakura into a tight squeeze.

   "Oh my, it's been so long!" Mikoto gushed, "Sit down, sit down, have dinner with us!"

   Sakura scratched her cheek sheepishly and easily complied with the giddy Uchiha. Naruto hit his chest a couple of times before he was finally able to breathe properly.

   "Sakura-chan!! You're back! How are you? How long have you been back? We missed you so much, dattebayo! You're also really pretty by the way, you changed so much! Say, Sakura-chan..."

   Naruto was blabbing non-stop, not that anyone minded. Mikoto had her fair share of questions, as well as Sasuke. Three three were actually so engrossed in their conversation that they didn't notice how Itachi couldn't keep his eyes off the pink-haired shinobi. It was like he was drinking in her every laugh and smile- subtly, of course. He was sure he got away with it the entire dinner if it wasn't for the knowing smirk his father gave him when Naruto and Sakura left.

   "Itachi, you may think you're hiding it well, but your mother and I aren't fools." Fugaku said, "Make a choice and act upon it before someone takes her away."

   He turned and left for his quarters, leaving his eldest son with his thoughts.

~

   "Sakura-chan, I'm so glad that you're back, dattebayo! Sasuke is too, he's just too much of an asshole to show it!" Naruto exclaimed, hugging Sakura for what seemed like the fifth time the evening. She swatted him away and laughed.

   "Calm down, Naruto. I'm not leaving anytime soon."

   "You better not! I know me and Sasuke left you here all alone... but trust me! There's no way we're ever separating ever again! You also have to meet this guy named Sai. He pretty cool but he's also a huge dick and keeps on calling me dickless! Sakura-chan, am I really di-"

   Sakura held up a hand immediately.

   "I, under any circumstance, never want to find out. And I swear, if you pull down your pants, I will kill you."

   He scratched the back of his sheepishly and let out an embarrassed laugh. He soon dropped her off at her house before waving and setting off to his apartment. Sakura looked in her house and let a smile cross her face. It felt emptier without the dust.

   Home.

   And yet, she'd rather be back out there.