It's Here!!!: The Chuunin Exams: Part 1

Unsurprisingly, all three genin of Kakashi's squad were nominated to participate in the Chuunin exams. This year, they were going to be an outstanding number of participants, if Sakura wasn't mistaken. Also, another jinchuuriki would be entering the exams- the container of the one tailed beast Shukaku, Gaara no Sabaku.

   "I bet you're excited, eh?"

   Sakura looked to her left.

   "I'm not sure, Tenzou-san. I read about the Chuunin Exams. They don't look too hard to me."

   Tenzou sighed and tousled the girl's hair affectionately. The two were walking towards the Academy where the first portion of the exam would take place. Tenzou was one of the ANBU assigned to guard the area, so he decided to walk his favorite little genin the majority of the way there. He wasn't at all worried at her passing these exams with flying colors, considering what she was capable of, but he was certainly interested in what certain abilities she would allow to be seen.

   But it wouldn't matter for the first part at least. The proctor for the written examination was her sensei after all. About three fourths of the way there, Tenzou slid on his mask.

   "This is where we part ways. I'll see you after the second exam, Sakura-chan." he said.

   "See you, Tenzou-san."

   He gave her one last pat on the head before melting into the shadows. Sakura arrived at the Academy a few minutes later where Sasuke and Naruto were waiting for her at the entrance.

   "Mornin'."

   "You're late, Sakura-chan!" Naruto exclaimed, "What's your excuse this time?!"

   "I was actually talking to an old friend of mine. He walked me most of the way here before going off to work." she replied. She nudged both of the boys through the doors and up to the third floor of the building. They entered the room where all of the genin where gathered and immediately made way to the rest of the rookies. Before Sakura could get a word out, her name was shouted at from across the room.

   "SAKURA-SAN, OH YOUTHFUL LOTUS BLOSSOM! IS THAT YOU?!"

   Sakura's eye twitched as the oh-so youthful Rock Lee bounded up to her with his shining presence. Naruto and Sasuke openly gaped at this... this... excessively green being that sprinted all the way from across the room. Naruto turned to his best friend in shock.

   "S-Sakura-chan... you kn-know this guy?" he stammered.

   "Yeah, he's my friend and I train with him sometimes."

   Lee grinned at him, causing the orange-clad genin to squint from the brightness of this weirdo's smile.

   "Oh how incredibly rude of me for not introducing myself! My name is Rock Lee, the Wild Green Beast of Konoha!" he exclaimed. It wasn't long before he waved amiably and returned to the rest of his team. Sasuke turned to his pink-haired friend with a scowl.

   "Where did you find that guy?"

   "I needed help with taijutsu and he was there. Not much to say about it." she sighed.

   Suddenly, a puff of smoke erupted from the front of the room.

   "Alright you baby-faced degenerates! Pipe down and listen the hell up!" a voice shouted. The smoke cleared, and there stood the first proctor and all the sentinels. "It's time to begin. I'm Ibiki Morino, your proctor, and from this moment, your worst enemy."

   Sakura grinned.

~

   All of them were given a seat number and spread out across the examination room. The sentinels were lined up at every available space to the sides which meant that their eyes were on everything. The rules of the exam were plain and simple. The genin were given nine questions that they had to answer in one hour. Every time you are caught cheating, two points are deducted from the score. Once you hit zero, you and and your team are out of the exams. That's it. You're cut.

   After Ibiki had finished explaining the rules and let them begin, Sakura took the time to read over each and every question. They were integrated problems based on principles of uncertainty and required complex mechanics of energy analysis. To put it simply, these questions were so incredibly advanced that about 90% of the genin in the room wouldn't be able to solve it on their own.

   Cheating. 

   Bingo.

   But Sakura didn't need to cheat even if it was the whole purpose of this written exam. She had spent time and time again in the library and with ANBU- she was bound to pick up a few things from those experiences, so she was able to answer every single question with little difficulty. And knowing her sensei, he was probably going to do something to make all this effort not count at the end. Like that time he made her walk on her hands the whole day saying that it would 'build up her arm strength' only for him to admit at the end of the day that he only made her do it because he thought it was funny. Sakura glowered at the memory.

   Bastard.

   She spent the rest of the exam staring at the clock and waiting for the exam to end. When if finally did, a third of the participants were kicked out and everyone else was left with the final question.

   "Now with a nice number of you cut, it's time for the tenth and final question. But before I ask it, let me tell you this. If any of you, any of you, get it wrong, your and your team will be ejected and you will never be able to take the Chuunin Exams ever again." he warned, "Hearing that fact, anyone want to leave?"

   All was completely silent and the air was filled with thick tension, yet no one raised their hands. Sakura, though, scribbled something on her paper before leaning back into her chair with a smug smirk.

   'I think we'll have a good batch this year. They're all committed. And that brat is up to something again.' Ibiki thought. After about a minute of waiting, he spoke up again.

   "No one? Really? Good. Then you all pass."

   Surprised murmurs encircled the room.

   "The last question was to test your will. To see how far you would go and to see if you would put yourself on the line to advance forward." he explained, "Since all of you had the guts, all of you passed."

   Something burst through the window and landed at the front of the room. A banner then went up, shielding Ibiki from view. He let out an irritated grumble. Jumped the gun once again.

   "Heads up boys and girls! This is no time to be celebrating! I'll be your next proctor, Anko Mitarashi. You ready for the second test? Good! Let's go! Follow me!" the intruder shouted.

   "You're early." Ibiki said. "Again."

   "Shut up! And what's with these guys, there's so many of them! Your test was too easy. You're growing soft, aren't cha?"

   "I'm not, they're just stronger this time around."

   "Well they certainly don't look it. But it won't be a problem when I'm done with them. I'll have over half of them cut, no sweat." she grinned, "Now as for all you maggots, we'll get started with the second part of the test first thing tomorrow morning. I'll let all your squad leaders know where you're to meet up. That'll be all. Dismissed!"

~

   Once everyone had cleared out of the test room, Ibiki began to pick up the test sheets. He skimmed the first one and noticed something peculiar written at the bottom right hand corner.

   Raise your hand for the tenth question and I'll slit your throat.

   Every single test paper had the exact same thing written in the exact same place with the exact same style. He recognized it as Sakura's handwriting.

   That goddamn brat had scared everyone into passing.

   "Atta' girl!" Ibiki laughed.