Training Day

Sakura was seated on the soft grass of training ground fourteen as she patiently waited for any instruction from her pondering sensei. Finally, Ibiki crossed his arms and looked down at the five year old.

   "How much do you know about chakra, kid?"

   "Well, I know that you need it to live and to perform jutsu."

   "At least you know the basics." he said, "So first we'll work on stamina. You have the intelligence and the chakra control, but the things you lack are stamina and strength. The more stamina you have, the larger chakra reserve you'll have. And the larger your chakra reserve, the more jutsu you can perform. Now run around Konoha until your legs give out."

~

   "Aniki! Aniki!"

   Itachi turned around and glanced at the small boy that was trotting towards him, a wide smile on his chubby features.

   "What is it, otouto?" he questioned impassively. Sasuke hugged his brother's leg and stared up at him with doe-eyed innocence.

   "Can I go to the park today?"

   "Did you ask kaa-san?"

   The smaller boy pouted and reluctantly trudged to the kitchen. Itachi shook his head and let out a small puff of air. That boy was going to be the death of him some day. Just as he slipped on his sandals at the front door, Sasuke bounded up to him excitedly.

   "Kaa-san said I could go! Can you take me there, Aniki? Please?" he begged. Sasuke pulled out his puppy-face. Itachi stared blankly for a few seconds before another puff of air escaped his lips. He nodded, which excited the smaller boy even more. Quickly, he stuffed his small feet into his sandals and pulled his older brother out the door.

   "Don't stay out late, you two!" Mikoto called from the kitchen.

~

   "What was that you little brat?!"

   "Er... I said that you had big and beaut'ful red hair, Kaa-san, dattebayo!"

   Kushina Uzumaki smirked triumphantly and ruffled her only son's blonde head.

   "That's what I thought."

   Naruto grinned up at her. She took a hold of his tiny, tan hand and led him out the door to the local park. Minato couldn't take him, having duties of being the Hokage and all, so Kushina happily offered to take him. She hadn't had any shinobi duties after baring Naruto, so she spent most of her days a cheerful housewife. And yes. Sometimes it was boring as hell. So with Naruto chatting amiably, they walked side by side down the streets.

~

   Ibiki looked down at his watch, clearly impressed. Sakura had managed to run around the entire village in under three hours, a great feat for a five year old. He could tell that she used some chakra here and there, but it was fine. He didn't establish not using it as a rule in the first place. She was laying on the grass, drenched in sweat and nodding in and out of sleep.

   "We're done for the day. Do you want me to take you home?" he asked. She stared up at him with half-lidded eyes and somehow mustered up a weary smile.

   "It's fine sensei..." she muttered, "It's a nice day today. Can... Can I nap out here? I promise I won't stay here long..."

   He sighed.

   "Fine. But if I don't see you back in your house in two hours, I'll assume you're still here and I'll coming to get you."

   She hmm'd in response and finally closed her eyes, curling up in a slight ball as she did so. Ibiki chuckled and walked back into Konoha. Thirty minutes after he left, a body emerged from a nearby tree. He padded over to the girl's sleeping form and looked at her pointedly.

   "Sleeping out in the open? You're going to get yourself killed, idiot."

   "Mmm... Didn't wanna bother 'im... Zetsu-san..."

   Zetsu shook his head, picked up her fatigued form, and sunk back into the earth. He re-appeared in her room and gently set her on her bed. He tucked her in carefully before turning to leave.

   "Did we just tuck her in? You monster! What the hell?! Shut up, Black Zetsu."

*A new story is out called 'Perception'. Please go and check it out!