Ibiki-sensei: Five!

It was silent for a few seconds before roots shot out of the ground and wrapped around her ankles and torso.

   "Oh? It was the child who saw me? I'm surprised."

   Sakura couldn't match the voices to any bodies. The area was void of people as far as she knew.

   "Your eyes are very bright, mister."

   "They are, aren't they? Didn't your parents ever tell you to stay away from brightly colored predators? Normally they're dangerous-poisonous, even."

   "I don't think dead people can tell me any different." the rosette rebutted quietly. Hollow laughter floated through the air. Not from one place, but from everywhere around.

   "Dead? Ah, so even the world doesn't take pity on the young and defenseless. Maybe I would've taken pity on you myself if I were a mere civilian. But sadly, as you can see, I'm not."

   The roots had grown even tighter by this time. It was beginning to crush her rib cage, making it harder to breathe, and the edge of her vision had grown fuzzy.

   "T-Then it's okay t-to kill me..."

   The roots faltered at her sudden declaration.

   "I'm n-not asking for any p-pity. I'm really a-all alone now, so you c-could say that no one w-would miss me. I-If your duty calls for my d-disposal... i-it's al... alright."

   All was still for a while before a new root burst forth, a kunai in it's grip.

~

   Itachi noted that three hours later, the girl had yet to return. His eyes bled into crimson as he searched for any sort of concern in Ibiki's face. But Ibiki was perfectly calm. The interrogator finished filling out the forms, then he collected all the papers, as well as the girl's blue book.

   "Minato-sama expects you in his office tomorrow at 1500 hours. Take care, Uchiha-san." Ibiki bid. He inclined his head and left the dango shop. The sun was low in the sky by the time Ibiki left the restaurant. Sakura would leave like that every now and then for about thirty min to an hour, but never three whole hours.

   He walked Konoha's busy streets looking for a tuft of that pink hair. Anywhere. But she was no where in sight. Next, he checked the parks and libraries. No trace of her there either. Lastly, he checked the Haruno household. He shunshinned into the two story building. Five kunai flung from the right, which he dodged easily. Next came the shuriken form above, then a metal spike from below. Ibiki nodded to himself, impressed. The traps weren't of high quality, but at least they were there. By now, he guessed, Sakura would make her appearance.

   That is, if she was here.

   Which she wasn't.

   Ibiki sighed and set her book down on the coffee table. He looked around the near-empty house. How can a five year old live in a place so... barren? It was void of pictures, and probably everything that screamed 'mom and dad' had been put away. Even the air about the place seemed cold and alone. And it was...

   Sad.