The S-Class Mission: Part One

Minato stared out the window of his office as an irritated sigh escaped his lips. The council was as uncooperative as ever, the main councilman being Danzo Shimura. His ideals weren't fit for the prosperity of Konoha and it's people. If Danzo were to put into power, everything would turn to war. What was he to do now? Danzo was filling the council with ridiculous likes and plans that would ruin Konoha. The sad part was that they were actually starting to believe him. 

   There was a knock at the door.

   "Come in."

   Sakura walked in with a stack of folders in her arms.

   "Good morning, Hokage-sama!" she exclaimed, "Ibiki-sensei wanted these delivered to you. Do you want me to just set it on your desk?"

   A sudden thought struck Minato, but he quickly shook it off and gave the girl a smile.

   "Yes, thank you, Sakura-chan." he said. She saluted with a smile of her own and trotted out of the office. The Hokage looked back out the window and released another sigh. No. He wasn't going to do that to Sakura; he couldn't-wouldn't- put such a high burden on her shoulders. Then again, what other option did he have?

   There wasn't a more subtle way, and Minato knew that. God, he hated what he was going to do- if only Sakura didn't have the skill that she did.

~

   "Okay class, remember to complete your assignment tonight because it will be due first thing tomorrow morning!"

   The bell rung, causing all the students to flood out of the room in a mass of chatter. Sakura split from the group as soon as they got outside and headed towards the training grounds, as per usual. She was nearly there when an ANBU appeared in the shadows next to her. She turned her head and smiled.

   "Is there something I can help you with, Cat-san?" she asked.

   "Hokage-sama wants you in his office. Immediately."

   The ANBU disappeared as quickly as he came. Sakura puffed out her cheeks and began the long walk back. When she entered the office, no one was inside save for the Hokage himself. His expression was gravely serious.

   "Sakura-chan, how many S-class missions have you taken part of in the past?" he questioned suddenly.

   "Just one, Hokage-sama. When I was five and went with sensei to Kirigakure." she replied.

   "Will you accept one more?"

   Sakura's eyes lit up, a grin crawling onto her lips. She nodded once and Minato sealed off the entire room. He leaned forward.

   "You will tell no one that you ever partook in this mission, even after you've completed it. You will not even admit to knowing anything about this, understood? Good. Now, your mission. Sakura Haruno, do you accept this mission to kill Danzo Shimura?"

   The grin on Sakura's face grew even wider.

   "Hai, Hokage-sama."