Ibiki-sensei: Three!

A week had passed. And everyday since that encounter, Ibiki had visited Sakura, stayed for half an hour or so, then would leave to return at the same time the next day. It was all the same for the girl as well. She'd happily let Ibiki in, talk about what she read or what happened around town, decline the man's offer of apprenticeship (which ticked him off each time), and smile and wave when he left.

   And she didn't snap once.

   'The kid's really different. A little messed up in the head, but nothing I can't work with.' Ibiki thought as he walked the perimeter of Konoha. Just as he was about to finish his round, he spotted Sakura hanging upside down with her face buried in a book.

   "Oi, kid. You'll pass out when all that blood rushes to your head."

   Sakura peered over the blue hardback and immediately brightened.

   "Morino-san!" she exclaimed. She unhinged her legs from the branch and flipped downwards. Clutching the book to her chest, she trotted to the head interrogator with a bubbly smile. "What have you been up to today?"

   "Nothing, really. I just about finished patrols and was heading to the Interrogation Building."

   "Can I come with you, Morino-san?"

   "Sure."

   The rosette followed behind like a little duckling to her mother. Once in the building, ANBU blinked at the sight. They had seen the girl and the interrogator times before yet it was still strange. Once Ibiki came to his office door, he peered down at his small follower.

   "Stay here, Sakura. I need to take care of some things and it won't take long at all." he said. Sakura smiled at him before plopping down on the floor and poking her nose into a book. Every time a ninja would pass by, she'd wave or send a widespread grin. One of the friends she made, Tenzou, sat beside her.

   "Nice to see you again, Sakura-chan. Waiting around for Ibiki-san again?" he greeted.

   "Hai, Tenzou-san! But what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on duty?"

   The brown-haired man scratched his cheek, sending a sheepish grin the five year-old's way.

   "Sometimes we need a break, you know? Sometimes our chakra reserves run low... Sometimes we get temporarily taken off the roster... Sometimes we get hit by a powerful jutsu that caused internal bleeding and made the victim take it easy for a few days..."

   Sakura sent the man an exasperated look.

   "I told you to be careful, Tenzou-san!" she exclaimed with an annoyed pout. He chuckled and tousled her hair.

~

   "Konohagakure? What could I possibly do there?" the grass ninja questioned curiously, "They aren't our direct enemies, are they? We haven't made contact with them."

   Noboru, Kusagakure's village leader, regarded one of his most esteemed ANBU with a soft smirk.

   "They haven't been any trouble, but we can't be too careless. Konoha has very strong clans within them which they can order to their willing. Their Hokage is a smart man as well, not to mention their possession of the Kyuubi. To put it simply, they're very dangerous, and their actions need to be monitored from time to time. You can accomplish this mission, cant' you?"

   "Of course, Noboru-sama. Who the hell do you think I am?"