Ibiki-sensei: Two!

"Come in, Morino-san! How have you been?" Sakura exclaimed, a cheeky grin on her chubby face. She opened the door completely and let the man in. She then skipped to the kitchen, pulled out a stool, and began making some tea.

   Ibiki stared at the small girl in amazement and slight annoyance. One: He got rejected by a flippin' five year old. Two: He got rejected by a flippin' five year old. Three: She was all alone... and yet she didn't seem fazed in the slightest. Sakura placed two ceramic tea cups on the table and sat opposite the interrogator. Ibiki couldn't help but notice that the smile had never left her face.

   It didn't seem completely... real- he could tell that much. He watched as her small hands clasped her tea cup and carefully lifted it to her lips. She didn't look distressed from her parents death. No dark circles under her eyes showing that she didn't get enough sleep. How can a child be this unaffected? Well, he knew the answer to that question. Children saw the world differently from an adult's eyes. And there's no telling what could be going through her mind this very moment. Ibiki rested his elbows on the table and leaned forward.

   "So, kid. You gonna tell me why you so blatantly rejected me as your sensei?" he questioned. Sakura giggled.

   "Nope!"

  Ibiki's eye twitched a few times before he took a gulp of tea, earning himself a small chuckle from the girl. He asked a few more questions about her family, her training, and her studying. Sakura answered them all truthfully and cheerfully, like the interrogator had expected. He regarded her curiously as she talked about what she learned in her late father's books. He had to admit, she surprised him.

   And no one surprises Ibiki Morino. Ibiki was a man that had seen many things through his years as an interrogator. One thing he hadn't expected to see was himself being bested by a munchkin literally fifteen years younger than him. Finally, he set his tea cup down, and stared at Sakura with unreadable eyes.

   "You, Sakura Haruno, are a girl of five years who lost her parents just over a week ago. When you talk about them, you aren't sad that they're gone, nor are you upset that you'll never see them again. At your young age, I expected you to be at least a bit disheartened, but yet you continue on your days like living is the best thing that ever happened to you, and I'd really like to know why."

   The rosette smiled up at him once more.

   "Just because I don't look sad doesn't mean that I don't feel like dying on the inside. I miss Mommy and Daddy a lot. And I hate that Takigakure ninja."

   His eyes widened drastically.

   "And when I find the man who took Mommy and Daddy away..."

   Emerald orbs glinted darkly, causing Ibiki's jaw to unhinge. Her smile grew wider.

   "I'll make him suffer."

~

   Paper was scattered all over the head interrogator's desk, but he himself paid no mind to it. He was too preoccupied by what he witnessed and hour ago.

   "And when I find out who took Mommy and Daddy away... I'll make him suffer."

   That girl was more disturbed than she let on. Ibiki reclined in his seat with a sigh as he folded his arms behind his head. Sakura Haruno was the most intriguing child he had ever met. She was so young and probably didn't deserve what had just happened to her. Ibiki smirked.

   'I should help her, shouldn't I?'