Chapter Twenty-Eight

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

Dinner went smoothly, no one fainted which was good.

"Wait, if you saved me from the water, how aren't you wet?" Wally asked.

"And you ask this now?" Percy said, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, I was just... slow in thought," Wally said.

"A speedster? Slow in thought?" Artemis asked.

"Maybe it's from all the times he's hit his head by running into walls," Percy said.

Wally just groaned as they discussed all the different ways Wally could have damaged his mind.

Even though Robin loved seeing his friend this embarrassed and what not he came to his rescue by changing the subject.

"But seriously, how are you dry?" He asked.

"I'm a daughter of Poseidon, duh," Percy exclaimed.

"Right, and that explains everything," Wally said.

"Was that sarcasm I detect?" Percy asked.

"Yes, it was... but... what do you know of sarcasm?" Wally asked.

"More than you, I bet. My friends called my Persassy, I'm known from my sarcasm and sass," Percy said.

"Wait, really?" Wally asked.

"Yeah, really."

-

After dinner, they moved onto a game of Truth or Dare, because it was a sleepover and a sleepover without a good game of Truth or Dare, was no sleepover.

They sat in a circle like they did all the times they'd played that particular game before.

Kaldur, it was decided, would start asking, so they had given him the phone where all the truth and dares stood.

"Megan, truth or dare?" He asked.

"Dare!" She exclaimed excitingly.

Kaldur nodded and his eyes traveled down to the first dare of the phone. "Remove your socks with your teeth."

Megan looked down at her socks as she slightly pursed her lips, but nobody noticed.

She gulped before lifting her leg upwards. She put her hands around her leg to help it move up farther. Then her mouth came closer to her foot. She opened her mouth and grabbed her sock by her teeth. She quickly yanked it off, put it out and repeated the process, but with her other sock.

"There!" She exclaimed. "I did it!"

Kaldur then passed the phone to her.

"Roy, truth or dare," she asked.

"Dare," Roy responded.

Megan looked down at the phone for a moment before reading the second dare, "Let the person to your right put duct tape on any part of your body they choose and rip it off."

"No," Roy moaned.

Percy, who sat to his right, laughed before running to get the duct tape.

An awkward silence inhabited the room until Percy appeared with a Red Arrow themed duct tape in her hands, spotting a wicked grin.

"Dude, your girlfriend is crazy," Wally said.

Roy just glared at him, and then looked at Percy, nodding. "Which part?"

"Left forearm," she said.

"Not too bad," he said.

She took his forearm and grabbed a piece of duct tape. She put it on and Roy tensed. He gritted his teeth together when she was about to pull it off. She got a good grip on a small part of the tape and pulled.

During the whole process, Roy was tense and gritting his teeth.

"See, that wasn't too bad," she said.

"For you may- no, it would've been worse if Wally or Robin hade done it actually." He said. "Why do we even have Red Arrow duct tape?"

"There's a duct tape drawer, there's at least one roll of duct tape for each superhero," she said.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know," she said. "Maybe it's cause Wal-"

"Let's move on!" Wally exclaimed before Percy could finish her sentence.

"Artemis, truth or dare?" Roy asked.

"Truth, no one's said that yet," Artemis said.

"Okay," Roy said and looked down at the phone. "Who was the last person you kissed and when?"

"Uh, uh, uh," Artemis began to stutter, her face turning the color of a tomato. "Wally, and when he woke up after the pool incident."

The reactions varied from hero to hero. Megan squealed, Connor gave her a small smile, Percy yelled "I knew it!", Wally blushed, Robin asked Wally if it was true, and Wally nodded and so on.

-

Now the team and Roy, of course, were sitting in the living room. It was nice and all, but you could feel how tense almost everyone in the room was. Percy was quiet, too quiet. She was planning something. As if she could sense the nervousness generated by her teammates she smirked.

"Why's everybody staring at me?" She finally exclaimed.

"We figured you were planning something," Wally said.

Percy's grin only grew. "And you were absolutely correct!"

Then out of nowhere, she threw something, and not at Wally, which totally surprised everyone, it surprised them so much the target didn't notice the item before it was right in their face.

Artemis was oh so surprised.

"Since you and Wally are y'know.. you have to join his suffering!" She said. "Just kidding, that's just my way of saying congrats!"

Apparently, Artemis couldn't take it, she completely fell to the ground, unconscious or something.

Then the team saw the object that Percy had thrown at Artemis, a stuffed Kid Flash doll, and a stuffed Artemis doll.

"If Percy was a villain, we'd all be doomed," Wally said.

"You got that right," Robin said.

"How did she even knock Artemis out with two dolls?" Wally asked.

Then the zeta tubes announced Wonder Woman's arrival.

The team shared worried looks as they looked down at the unconscious Artemis on the floor, two dolls beside her, one each side.

"Hello, I just wanted to- What happened?" Wonder Woman asked.

"Heeeey, WW, um, it was just a prank and..." Percy asked.

Wonder Woman notices the dolls and formed a theory in her head.

"Did you throw two dolls at Artemis and she fainted?" Wonder Woman asked.

"Yeah..." Percy said, running the back of her neck.

"How could you even tell that's what happened?" Roy asked.

"I know Percy all too well," Wonder Woman said. "I did my job, I'll be leaving now."

And so Wonder Woman left.

I know, I know, Wonder Woman is super out of character, sorry.