Chapter Fourty-Two

The weekend had finally arrived and on Saturday morning Percy found herself making breakfast for the team. Percy carefully (not) dripped the blue good coloring into the waffle batter. When she was satisfied with the blue-ness of the batter she grabbed a measuring cup and poured some batter into the waffle-iron.

She turned the waffle iron and waited. While waiting she simply hummed some song to herself while fiddling with her thumbs. Once she heard the beeping sound she quickly turned the waffle iron once again and opened it. She used a fork to get the waffle out of the waffle iron and put it on a big plate which she put in the oven, so the waffles would remain hot. She poured some more batter into the waffle-iron and repeated what she had previously done.

-

Percy grabbed her oven mitt and took the big plate out of the oven, putting it on the kitchen counter. She looked at the waffle iron which she'd washed and could just hear Wally's voice. Why is the waffle iron stained blue?

She snickered to herself and turned off the oven. She walked over to the pantry and grabbed the maple syrup among some other stuff. She set the table with plates, glasses, forks and knives. "Guys! Breakfast!"

As soon as she called for breakfast she heard footsteps heading her way. Only a minute later did Roy arrive. He smirked and kissed her quickly. He pulled away as the other filed into the room.

"Ooooh!" Megan exclaimed. "Blue waffles!"

Connor smirked slightly, he wouldn't admit it but he loved blue waffles. Honestly, he loved all of the food that Percy cooked. She was just a good cook, much better than Megan, she just burnt everything.

Percy put the big plate of waffles onto the table and they all sat down. Percy and Roy on one side and Megan and Connor on the next. Percy, as always, poured loads of maple syrup on her waffles earning her a look from a confused Connor.

"Hey! I can't drown and neither can my waffles!" Percy defended and Connor looked down at his own waffles, shrugging. "I thought so."

"Oh my god, Seph! This is amazing," Roy said.

"Thanks," Percy said, blushing a deep red. She looked down on her waffles so her black hair hid her blush. Once she felt that the blush had disappeared, or at least faded a bit, she looked up once again and ate like a normal person who wasn't afraid that her hair wasn't going to be dipped in maple syrup.

After breakfast Roy helped her take care of the dishes. Let's just say those dishes were basically coated in maple syrup. Percy washed the dishes with water and then handed them to Roy who put them in the dish washer. It was very effective as sooner rather than later Percy found herself in her room looking over the Heathers script once again.

"Gods, how am I gonna memorize this," she groaned as she ran her right hand through her long black hair. "Practice, that's how."

Then she heard a knock from her door, disturbing her 'reading'. "Who is it?"

"Roy," a male voice which definitely belonged to Roy said.

"Come in," Percy said in a sing-song voice. The door opened and Roy walked inside, closing the door after him.

"What are you doing?" He asked, quickly glancing at the script in her hands.

"Trying to memorize my lines," Percy said with a sigh.

"How about we do it together?" Roy asked. "I'll be the others, and you'll play Heather. Y'know, I have the script read a line and you repeat your line?"

"Thanks," Percy said and handed Roy the script and he began reading from the first song, starting right before her role, Heather Chandler had her first line. It went pretty well, actually. Percy knew her lines for at least the first song, and well, she was even better at them now.

"I feel kinda bad for Alicia. Playing Veronica has got to be hard," Percy said, which to Roy nodded in agreement.

"But once she has them memorized, it'll be worth it. So will it for you," Roy smiled.

"Aww, thanks," Percy said, giving Roy a small kiss. Once she pulled away from it they continued to go through the lines, Roy's face a little (a lot) more red than it was before.

"School dance is in only a few weeks now," Roy said during one of their pauses.

"Right!" Percy exclaimed. "It's gonna be fun."

"You could say it'll be big fun," Roy said, casually referencing the song they had just gone through. Percy threw her head back as she laughed. To Roy that sound is all he needed, her angelic laugh. How her sea-green eyes sparkled with mischief and ideas. How her black hair never wanted to the restrained. God, he just loved her so much.

Percy looked back at him and smiled a mischievous smirk. "Wanna prank Wally?"

"You bet," Roy said, putting down the script on Percy's bed. "Something with mustard."

"You read my mind," Percy said.

"No, that's Megan's thing," Roy joked.

Percy laughed once again and grabbed several mustard bottles from her secret mustard space. Roy also grabbed a few and they were on their way.

Around an hour later you could hear Wally run down the halls, cursing Percy's and Roy's names to the wind, but mainly Percy's.