Chapter Thirty-Eight

Also, for those who are interested, I've started both a Percy Jackson role play and a Young Justice role play.

I don't own the characters

Walking into the Mountain with a broken nose was a bad idea, she knew that. After the encounter with the guy, what was his name again? Jack? Yeah, it was Jack. Well, after the encounter she'd gone to the school nurse. The school nurse had simply given her an ice pack, as they always did, and told her to go home.

So, now Percy was about to enter the mountain with a broken nose and an ice pack. Fun. Thankfully no one but Kaldur would be there, so she might be able the sneak into her room.

As she hadn't zeta-beamed there the tubes didn't announce her arrival. Percy then, successfully, snuck (thats the past tense for sneak, right?) into her room. She locked the door and walked into the bathroom, locking the bathroom door as well.

Percy looked into the mirror and took a sharp breath when she saw her nose. It was completely swollen and red.

"Gods," she muttered. She turned the faucet on and cupped her hands under it. Water landed in her hand and she quickly threw it on her nose. She felt her broken nose mend, and all signs of the wound disappear. There, good as new.

Percy turned the faucet off and unlocked the door, walking into her room. Percy yawned and lay down in her bed. After a minute or so she felt her eyelids grow heavy and heavier and heavier. Then the weight was too much and she feel asleep, it was as simple as that.

She woke up a few hours or so later, not really getting much sleep. Percy sat up and right there and then an Iris Message opened in front of her.

"Hey Seph," Roy's familiar voice said.

"Hey," She said and yawned.

"I hope I didn't wake you," Roy smiled.

"Don't worry, you didn't," She said.

"Um, I'm joining the team," he said, smiling.

"You are?" Percy asked, full of excitement.

"Yeah," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Ollie asked me, and I thought, why not?"

Percy laughed, and to Roy it sounded angelic, like something coming from the heavens.

"Want me to tell the team?" She asked.

"That's a good idea," Roy said.

"Will do," Percy said. "Bye! See you soon."

"Love you," Roy said and ended the IM.

Percy got out of bed and quickly ran to the living room, where the team usually was.

"Guys!" She called. "Roy's joining the team!"

Wally stood up immediately. "He is?"

Kaldur smiled and Robin fell out of his seat. Megan smiled brightly and Artemis just smirked in an Artemis-Like way.

"Yeah!" Percy said, a bright smile gracing her lips. "He is."

B06 - Red Arrow

"Speak of the devil," Percy said as the zeta tubes announced Roy's arrival.

He walked out of the tubes in uniform with a smile on his face.

"Roy!" Wally called.

Roy nodded in greeting. "Mr. Mustard Bottle."

Wally threw his head back, groaning while Robin snickered. Percy smirked as she watched the interaction between the two heroes.

"Hey Red," She said as she walked up to him.

"Hey Seph," he responded.

"Wanna go to the pool?" She asked.

"Why not?" He said, smiling.

Percy ran of to her room while Roy ran of the one of the bathroom and they met by the pool.

"Percy..." he gasped.

Percy may have ditched the wet suit and gone with a bikini, but that wasn't the reason for Roy's speechlessness, no it was her scars. The white lines littered her tan skin. All the scars were unique, some thin, some thick and some... unusual.

"Yeah- I have scars. I'm a Demigod," she said and dove into the water.

Roy took a deep breath and also dove into the water. As soon as she was submerged her felt something around his head, an air bubble. Roy gave Percy a quick thumbs up and swam seeped down, where Percy already was.

A bit later the rest of the team joined them. Percy created air bubbles for all of them except Kaldur, for he didn't need one.

Connor was still very grumpy, even underwater, while Megan was her cheery self as always. Wally tried of speed-swimming and Robin just seemed to enjoy being there, underwater. Artemis stayed close to Percy, as she was her best friend on the team.

Wally, who had finished speed-swimming, swam up to Artemis at a normal pace. She raised an eyebrow as he came closer. In the end he wrapped his arms around her waist, taking her by surprise. Then he saw up the the surface, their air bubbles popping. He then smashed his lips down on hers. She weaned her arms behind his neck and sunk into the kiss. She felt the small water droplets on her drying skin, how Wallys and her own skin was wet, slippery.

Robin wondered what they were doing, so he looked up and immediately regretted it. He quickly looked away and swam even deeper down.

The kiss stopped for a moment, only so they could catch their breaths. Artemis breathed heavily, staring into Wally's green eyes, once she used to oh so despise. She saw how Wally started into her dark gray eyes and she dove into another kiss, it was even hotter than the one before. She felt her lips sliding against his, almost slipping off them due to the water. Her eyes were closed, but the feelings were so vivid it was like she didn't need her sight. Then she felt how a wave of water washed over them, but she didn't care, she didn't open her eyes.

(So, I decided to add a Spitfire scene since I haven't had one since their first kiss during the sleepover...)