Chapter Twenty-One

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

The next morning, or more midday, Alicia had decided to visit. As soon as Alicia and Percy were inside of Percy's room, Alicia said, "Is Percy short for something?"

Then Percy knew that Alicia suspected that she was Riptide.

"Yeah, it's short for Persephone, I just think it's too formal."

"It suits you."

"Okay?"

"You're her, aren't you?" Alicia asked out of the sudden.

"Who?" Percy asked, even though she knew exactly who she was talking about.

"Riptide."

Here goes nothing, Percy thought. It was only a matter of time before she found out anyway.

"Yeah, I am. How could you tell?" Percy asked.

"Well, Persephone is very close to Percy, then Octavian said some stuff and your answers just lined up to my suspicions. Then when you two fought, I recognized your fighting style," Alicia explained.

"Wow, I guess I didn't think about what I said," Percy said. "And, good job on figuring it out!"

"Thank you, I just can't believe I've been friends with a superhero all this time!" Alicia exclaimed. "You just have to tell me everything! Wait, does this mean Roy is Red Arrow?"

"Why would you think that?" Percy asked, knowing that Roy probably likes to keep his secret identity a secret.

"Well, if you listen to Superhero gossip and stuff, people are saying that you and Red Arrow are a thing, and you're dating Roy. Then, Red Arrow does look a lot like Roy."

"Okay, but don't tell anyone. I think that Roy likes his secret identity a secret."

"Sure thing."

-

The next day school started again, and Percy and Alicia met again. Alicia helped her to not zoom out during lessons like she did all the time. It felt like a normal week, except Alicia now knew her secret identity, and she was perfectly fine with that.

"That Octavian, you two seem to dislike each other," Alicia said.

"Understatement of the week," Percy replied.

"Okay, you guys really don't like each other."

"Try hating each other."

"Why?"

"Well, he's done a bunch of horrible things, and, well, I know him," Percy said. "And I dislike people who do bad things... oh, that sounds weird and cliche."

"I understand."

-

After school Percy, Megan, and Connor headed back to the cave.

"How has your weekend been, Percy?" Megan asked.

"Eventful, last Saturday Octavian decided to kidnap Alicia. Roy and I saved her, but she found out my secret identity, not that I mind."

"Oh, is she okay?" Megan asked.

"Yes, perfectly fine," Percy assured with a small nod.

They entered the mountain and found the rest of the team already there.

"How's your day been?" Percy asked Artemis.

"Fine, yours?" Artemis responded.

"Good."

"Follow me," Artemis said as she grabbed Percy's wrist and dragged her with her.

When they finally came to a stop they were by an archery range.

"You say you're so bad at archery, show me," Artemis said.

"Artemis, this is not a good idea."

"Yes, it is. I'm going to call the whole team here, this is going to be fun!" Artemis said.

"For you, maybe."

"Exactly."

-

When the entire team was by the archery range Percy grabbed a bow and an arrow.

"I'm warning all of you, if I were you, I would step even further away," Percy warned.

No one responded. Percy took a deep breath and notched (is that the right word?) the arrow onto the bow and aimed. She took another deep breath closed her eyes and fired.

She waited a few seconds, her eyes still closed, before she heard someone cry out in pain. Her eyes shot open and she turned around quickly to find Wally laying on the floor, an arrow sticking out of his left thigh.

"It hurts!" Wally cried.

"How did that happen?!" Artemis yelled.

"I told you I suck!"

"But- but- that's not possible!" Artemis cried.

"I know!" Percy replied.

"Oh, I am so sending this to Roy," Robin said as he texted the video to Roy.

"You filmed that?" Percy asked.

"Yeah, and it was so worth it," Robin said.

Wally's hand was moving towards the arrow, probably to rip it out.

"Wally! Don't do it!" Percy yelled knowing that it hurt more to pull out the arrow than it was to get it, that and you started bleeding, a lot.

It was too late.

Wally cried out in pain as he pulled out the arrow.

"You are truly an idiot, Kid Idiot," Artemis said.

Then they quickly moved him to the infirmary, quickly.

"Everyone, take a step back," Percy said as she appeared with a water bottle.

"What are you going to do with a water bottle?" Wally asked.

They stepped away and Percy walked to the bed, where Wally was laying. She got down on her knees to get to Wally's level.

She opened the water bottle and with a motion of her wrist the water wrapped around Wally's wound and started to heal it.

"Sorry, about the arrow. Might leave a scar," Percy said.

She controlled the water back into the bottle and all that remained of Wally's wound was a scar.

"Thanks," Wally said.

Percy nodded and walked back towards the others.

"Told you I was horrible at archery, Artemis," Percy said.

"Didn't know you were that bad," she said.

"It's fine."

-

That night, for the first time, Artemis had apologized to Wally, and, surprisingly, he'd accepted the apology.

Percy wondered if Roy had seen the video, he will have the next time they met. She wondered what he'd say, and she also wondered why the arrow had hit Wally of all people, the one person she'd hurt before, well, he had deserved it. It was probably just his luck, or unlucky.

She chuckled to herself as she sat on her bed. Thinking about life, mourning loved ones, among other things. She closed her eyes and she could just imagine Annabeths laugh, how she would've laughed at her if she'd been here.

'Wow, Seaweed Brain, your head is truly full of seaweed.'

She would've probably spoken those words, and Percy could hear them, in her mind. Annabeth was dead, and that's it. They would meet again in the afterlife, in Elysium, then she could introduce her to the team, and maybe even Alicia, when they came.