Chapter Eleven

Okay, another update! I want to thank medusasings and forever_a_mad_hatter for the ideas!

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

When she returned to the mountain she saw the team gathered in a circle playing Truth or Dare.

"Hey, guys," she said. "Mind if I join?"

"No, not at all. Join us," Kaldur said.

They made room for her in the circle and continued their game.

"Riptide, Truth or Dare?" Wally asked.

"Truth."

"Have you ever lost any friends?" Wally asked.

Riptide but her lip and said, "Yeah, I lost my best friends, and one that I'd known since I was twelve, Annabeth. I also lost my cousins Thalia, Nico, Hazel, and Jason," Riptide said, wondering if Kaldur could figure something out something out.

"I'm so sorry for your loss!" Megan said.

Riptide just bit her lip again and nodded at Megan.

"Okay, Kaldur. Truth or Dare?"

"Truth." He said.

"Which hero do you look up to the most?" Percy asked.

"Oh, well. You may not have heard about her, but her name is Persephone Jackson."

"Superboy, Truth or Dare?"

"Dare."

-

And several turns later it was Riptides turn again.

"Riptide! Have you ever had any pets?" Megan said.

"Yes, I have! My black horse Blackjack and my big dog Mrs. O'Leary."

"D-did they have any ... weird eating habits?" Kaldur asked.

"Oh, yes. Blackjack loved donuts and sugar cubes, even if he knew they weren't good for him," she said and sighed.

Riptide has closed her eyes for a moment just to relax and then she just heard a thud, much as if a body had hit the floor.

She opened her eyes to see Kaldur laying on the floor like he was sleeping.

"What happened?" Riptide asked.'

"He just fainted," Robin said.

"Don't worry, I think I know what'll wake him!" Riptide said as she sped to the kitchen.

She got a bucket and filled it with water. She walked back to the living room and dumped the water on Kaldur.

His eyes flew open and he quickly got up and into a kneeling position in front of Riptide.

"It's an honor to have finally met you, Princess Persephone."

"I'm no princess," Riptide said.

"In the seas, in Atlantis you are. Your father rules over the oceans." Kaldur said.

"Uh, okay. But, please, I'm not a person for titles and formality, call me Percy."

"Wait, your name is Persephone?" Wally asked.

Riptide then took off her circlet (finally found the word for it) and said, "Yeah, I'm Persephone Jackson, but please, call me Percy."

She looked over and she saw that he looked like he was having an internal panic attack.

"Hey Kaldur, are you okay?" Percy asked.

"I'm excellent, I am just a big fan of yours," Kaldur said.

Percy smiled at him and they all regained their positions in the circle.

"Wait a minute... you said your name is Persephone Jackson, that's the hero Kaldur talked about. You're her?" Wally said.

"Yes, I am."

"That book about your adventures is pretty big, you must've done a lot," Artemis said.

"Yeah, I've gone through some stuff," Percy said.

"Like what?" Superboy asked.

"That's for later. Let's just continue playing," Percy said.

-

School. That word. One word. Six letters. And still, Percy was able to hate it with such burning passion. When she found out that she was to go to school with Megan and Superboy, or Connor she was annoyed. It wasn't that it was unreasonable, but she just didn't like school. Become a teen superhero, and you still can't escape school. There were also too many memories from school, not about friends, but about Paul and her mom. Paul has been a teacher so school obviously brought back memories about him, and her mom had been an author so just looking at a book brought back some memories. It has been horrible, the day that she'd visited home after some training with Diana during some of her first days as protégé in training.

It's as she could see it right in front of her. What had happened, what she saw, she just wishes she could unsee it. She'd walked into the apartment, unlocking it with her key. She'd walked into her parent's bedroom after she'd searched everywhere else for them. Maybe they were just tired, she thought. The closer she got to the room, the worry only grew. She felt something as if her gut knew something was wrong and the feeling only grew and grew.

She gulped and opened the door. Her mom and Paul lay on their bed, the white sheets of the bed where no longer white, at least not completely. Their eyes were open but lifeless. They were glazed over and just looking up to nowhere. Her eyes moved down and she saw that swords impaled through their stomachs.

Percy began to tremble and her knees gave up under her. Her knees hit the floor and a flare of pain was sent up and through her legs. Tears ran down her cheeks and she held a hand over her mouth in shock, pain, and sadness. The tears just kept flowing. She cried her eyes out, sobs emitted from her mouth. It felt like time slowed down, thoughts raced through her mind, what should she do? She ended up calling the police through Paul's phone and then ran away. Called upon Blackjack and flew back to Diana's. When Diana saw her she wondered what had happened and Percy explained. That night Percy had cried herself to sleep.

That day had been one of the worst, along with the day that her friends died. The thing that kept bothering Percy was that she still didn't know who had done it. Who would do such a thing!? It still haunted her nightmares, all the deaths she'd seen did. It wasn't as bad as it used to be and Percy was grateful for that. She was also grateful for that she had these new friends and she would do everything on her power to protect them.