Chapter Thirty-Five

I don't own the characters, duh.

Roy ran as fast as he could, he ran faster than he thought he could. He kept a serious face as the wind rushed by. Why couldn't he use a car or something? One, he didn't own any superhero vehicle and if he used his motorcycle someone could see him and track down the motorcycle and then, boom, secret identity no more. Roy just kept running and running, and he didn't dare slow down.

In the letters Octavian said that he was keeping Percy at an abandoned warehouse. Cliche. Sadly, he wasn't stupid enough to use one of the abandoned warehouses by the docks, that would've made it way easier for Percy. Roy felt his limbs throb, their way of asking him to stop and take a break. He ignored it and kept running. He wiped the sweat of his forehead and tried to keep his breath even. How long had he been running? He had no idea, but he had to be close soon.

As if his thought were magical he only to run a bit more before he saw the group of abandoned warehouses in the distance. His mind rejoiced while his body felt so tired. Despite his body's protest Roy started running even faster. Where was it? Where was she? Once he arrived at the warehouses he sprinted into the one that Percy was supposed to be in.

When he opened the door he was something that shouldn't have surprised him, if not his panic had taken over his brain. Percy sat on a chair and around her lay bodies. Not dead bodies, but ones that had taken a beating and were knocked unconscious. Octavian was handcuffed to a wall, and he seemed very frustrated. Percy had never been one for damsels in distress, Roy knew that. Percy would never be a damsel in distress and Roy loved that about her.

She smiled at him, her usual grin. "What took you so long?"

Roy just laughed. "Running takes its time."

Now it was Percy's times to laugh. "But, seriously. I've been waiting forever, and I have ADHD. Not a good combo."

"Oh, so you were just waiting while I was scared out of my mind?"

"Yup," Percy said and they walked out of the warehouse, hand in hand.

"I'll get you for this, Persephone!" Octavian yelled.

"Oh, Octavian's here too. I forgot about him," Percy said. "Could you like call the cops and tell them to pick him up?"

"Sure," Roy said and did just that. Then they continued to walk out of the warehouse, hand in hand.

"Wow, Octavian took me this far out?" Percy asked in surprise.

"You didn't leave the warehouse after you beat up the bad guys?" Roy asked.

"Nope," Percy said. "I did not."

"It's a long way home, we should probably start walking," Roy said.

Percy nodded and they were on their way, walking the long way home (not that there was a shorter one.)

-

Once they arrived at Roys apartment it was around midnight. The sky was a dark blue, almost black and the stars shined down upon them. Everything felt so calm, so peaceful. Octavian wasn't on the loose anymore and that was more than enough to make Percy relaxed. That night Percy stayed the night at Roy's, not that she hadn't before.

-

The next morning the sun shining through the curtains woke Percy. That and the birds making noise. She opened her eyes slightly before closing them again and moving to closer to Roy. She glanced up at him and saw his blue eyes looking down at him.

"Good morning, Percy," he said.

"Mornin', Roy," Percy said.

"Yesterday was... eventful," Roy said, trying to make conversation. "With Octavian and all that."

"It sure was," Percy said and yawned and, suddenly said, "I'm hungry."

"Of course you are, lets go make breakfast," Roy said getting out of bed. Percy waited a moment before reluctantly also leaving the bed. She followed him to the kitchen where they started working on breakfast. Percy gathered the bread, butter and other breakfast things from both the pantry and the refrigerator. She grabbed a butterknife for the butter and put it all on the table. Roy grabbed two plates and set them on the table. Percy took to glasses and used her powers to fill them with water before putting them by the plates. Then the two heroes sat down and started eating breakfast.

"So, what are we gonna do today?" Percy asked.

"I don't know, what do you think?" Roy asked.

"Well, I asked you because I don't know," Percy said. "If it wasn't obvious."

"Okay, thanks for clarifying, it was really necessary."

"No problem," Percy said with a smirk and they both started laughing. Percy grabbed a sandwich and spread some butter on it as Roy poured himself some yogurt. Percy ate her sandwich as Roy ate his yogurt, because what else would they do? Just stare at the food? No, they would not do that, obviously.

"I heard there's this new greek mythology museum..." Roy trailed off.

"That could be fun..."

Roy nodded and smiled. "When do you want to leave?"

"How about at two?" Percy asked and Roy nodded. Currently it was eleven in the morning, and Percy felt refreshed, awake. Once they were finished with their breakfast they took care of the dishes and other stuff like putting bread, yogurt among other stuff back. For the moment it was almost like they were normal, a normal couple, but, of course, they weren't. A demigoddess and an archer who were superheroes, that wasn't normal. But that didn't stop them from doing normal things, 'cause that would've been sad.