Chapter Thirteen

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

Again, medusasings thanks for all your help!

The week passed by slowly and just then did she remember how truly awful school was. How Megan still enjoyed it was beyond her. When she finally entered the cave on Friday afternoon she resisted the urge to yell 'Hallelujah!' or something like that. She quickly made her way to her room so she could chill for a minute or so. A body, at least hers, needs some rest after a whole week of school. She lay down on her bed and took some deep breaths. She could practically hear her mother's voice in her head, along with everyone else she'd lost. A tear trailed down her cheek.

'Seaweed Brain'

'Kelp Head'

'Punk'

Phrases and nicknames swam around her mind. She missed them all, even Clarisse.
Percy then sat up, wiped the stray tear from her cheek and walked out of her room. Life was hard, she knew that. Life was especially hard for her, another thing she knew. Life was hard for heroes, she also knew that. She shook the thoughts out of her head and walked to the living room.

"Hello Percy, the book about your adventures during the Second Giant War just arrived, I am truly excited to read it," Kaldur said.

"Well, you can't expect a super happy ending."

Kaldur nodded and continued reading. Percy sat down on the couch. She fiddled with her thumbs to pass the time. After she didn't know how long, Kaldur walked away, probably to his room, she had noticed his eyes starting to water a little.

-

She yawned and stretched her limbs as she woke on Saturday morning. She sat up and swung her legs over her bed. They made contact with the cold floor and she shivered slightly. She then walked to her wardrobe and picked out some clothes. She put on a black shirt with sea green print saying something she didn't bother to try to read. She also picked out a pair of black jeans. She put these clothes on along with a pair of socks.

She walked to the kitchen and started making breakfast.

When she was finished with breakfast she spoke into the mindlink. Guys, breakfast's ready.

A few minutes later both Connor and Megan were both in the kitchen. The three of them sat down and started eating.

"So, what did you think of the first week of school?" Percy asked.

"It was wonderful!"

"Boring."

Percy laughed lightly.

"What did you think of it, Percy?" Megan said.

"I don't enjoy school, I think it's boring and just awful."

-

The whole Young Justice team stood in the debriefing room where they were getting their mission.

"You will be going after a large group of drug dealers, Red Arrow will be joining you."

Just as the words were uttered Red Arrow walked into the room. Riptide and Red Arrow looked at each other and came to a mutual agreement, to confuse the team as much as they could during the mission.

Megan lead them to the Bio-Ship and they walked into it.

A new seat popped up, one for Red Arrow. They all sat down and the ship flew off. It took 30 minutes for them to come to the location of the group of drug dealers. The trip was mostly quiet, aside from the occasional small chatter.

When they got off the ship, which was in Camouflage Mode, they were all in Stealth Mode.

They snuck into the building, Aqualad leading them. They walked through the building quietly and undetected. Then they came to the room where all of the drug dealers and their goons were protecting something. Kid Flash accidentally sneezed and they were detected.

Riptide quickly turned her head and glared at him. He just shrugged in apology. They all came out and started fighting the drug dealers. She de-attached two daggers, unsheathed then and got into position. Red Arrow and Artemis knocked an arrow into their bows. Aqualad pulled out his water bearers and the others also got into position.

Then they attacked. Red Arrow quickly pressed his back to hers. Aw, well isn't that cute, Riptide thought. They fought the goons and drug dealers. Most of them were just annoying, while a few were less annoying and more skill, but in the end, none of them could match up with any of them.

Percy attacked with her daggers, striking non-lethal places. Some cuts, no stabbing. These were mortals, not monsters. They wouldn't explode into golden dust. She'd attack for a moment before knocking them unconscious by bringing the hilt of her dagger down on their head.

Sometimes she just went all hand to hand on them, throwing punches and kicks. She roundhouse kicked one guy, knocking him unconscious. She kneed another in her stomach, knocking the breath out of her. She then brought the hilt of her dagger down on her head.

This proceeded and during all this Red Arrow and Riptide would exchange compliments and flirts.

"If we die, I'm blaming Mustard Dude," Riptide said.

"Yeah, see you in hell," Red Arrow replied.

Riptide then knocked another goon unconscious and slightly turned to Red Arrow.

"Are you asking me on a date?" She asked.

"Well, obviously," Red Arrow replied.

He then fired another arrow.

"How about tomorrow, that cafe, you know which one I'm talking about, at 3:00, I'll pick you up at 2:45," Red Arrow said.

"Sounds wonderful."

Kid Flash and Robin were fighting close enough to talk to each other.

"Tell me I heard wrong Rob," KF exclaimed.

"If you heard Red Arrow ask Riptide on a date, then nope," Robin replied.

"They were flirting! Last time I flirted with her, she broke my nose! Do you know weird it was explaining that to my aunt and uncle? They just laughed at me!" KF said.

"I would've too," Robin said.

"You don't think they're together, do you?" Kid Flash asked.

"I do," Artemis said, as she joined the conversation.

Then finally all the drug dealers and goons were knocked unconscious. Kid Flash proceeded to tie them all up.

Miss Martian lead them back to the bio-ship and they rode back to the mountain.