Chapter Ten

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

Percy sat in her room and waited for Roy to return from giving Young Justice their 'mission'. When he returned they'd spend the day together. They had at least one thing planned out. The first thing they would do is go to Roy's and spar, and from there on they'd wing it. She sharpened her daggers as she waited on Roy. When they were as sharp as can be, she put them down and she heard someone knock on the door. It was probably Roy, but she brought a dagger with her, just in case.

When she unlocked and opened the door she saw Roy standing in front of her. He smirked lightly and Percy welcomed him in. She then lead him to her room.

"Welcome," Percy said, smiling.

"Daggers on the bed," Roy stated.

"Yeah, I was sharpening them," she said and quickly moved them to her desk.

"Should we get going then?" Roy asked.

"Of course," Percy said and they walked out of her room and then out of the apartment building.

They walked to Roy's apartment and talked. Percy couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked in the morning light. Not that was the first time she noticed it.

When they arrived at Roy's apartment Roy locked up the door and they walked inside.

They then walked down to Roy's secret base and got ready to spar. They were both already in training clothes and made their way to the circle in which they spared.

They both switched into fighting positions and when Roy said: "Go!" They ran at each other. They exchanged punched and kicks which were either dodged or caught. They moved closer to each other. More kicks and punched. Then, finally, Percy landed a kick to Roy's side. They continued their dance of kicks and punches that never hit. Then Roy was able to land a knee to Percy's stomach. She staggered back a little as the air had been knocked from her lungs. She took a quick, but deep breath. Then they continued. Then after several minutes, Roy was able to trip Percy so she fell to the ground. She landed on her back with a soft thud. Roy then proceeded to pin her down so she wouldn't get up. Their faces were mere centimeters from each other. They lay like that for a minute. Then the unexpected (and what Percy wished would happen) happened and (by the way guys, I suck at writing kissing, just so you know) Roy lowered his face closer to hers and their lips met.

-

An hour later they sat on a couch in Roy's apartment. Percy was leaning on Roy, her head resting in his shoulders. They held hands, their fingers intertwined.

"Do you live at Mt. Justice like Superboy and Miss Martian, or?" Roy asked.

"Yeah, I do."

"Then could we start meeting up on the weekends?" Roy asked.

"That sounds like a good idea," Percy said.

Roy smiled as they just sat there.

"Let's make lunch, it's time for it anyway," Roy said.

"Okay," Percy said and sat up.

They both left the couch and entered the kitchen. As they cooked they talked, as they often did.

"Your mentor is Wonder Woman, right?" Roy asked.

"Yes, she is."

"Do you have to deal with godly business and all?" Roy asked.

"You know the Greek gods exist?" Percy asked.

"Most heroes do," Roy said.

"Well, that makes things easier..." Percy said and proceeded to tell him about how her father was Poseidon and about her adventures as a demigod.

Once she was finished a simplified version they were finished cooking.

"You have to tell me more about that later," Roy said and Percy simply smirked.

Roy then got two plates from a cabinet and put some food on them. He gave one of the plates to Percy and the other one he kept. They sat down at the table and Percy grabbed some silverware for both of them. They dug into their food and ate at a moderate pace.

"Is Percy your real name, or some nickname?" Roy asked. "I'm just curious."

"No, it's short for Persephone," Percy said.

"Okay, do you have any other nicknames then Percy?" Roy asked.

"No."

"Well, you do now, Seph. I can call you that right?" Roy said.

"Sure."

Roy smiled and Percy returned it.

"Well then, if I get a nickname you have to get one as well, Red," Percy said.

"Red?" Roy asked.

"Your name is already short, it's not like I'm gonna call you Ro or Oy. Red is kinda short for Red Arrow, plus you're a ginger."

They smiled at each other once again.

"Okay, Seph."

"You bet, Red."

-

When they were finished eating lunch they took care of the dishes together.

"Honestly, I'm never going to get used to how much Wally flirts!" Percy exclaimed.

"Does he flirt with you?" Roy asked.

"Once, I punched him and broke his nose," Percy said.

Roy held his hand up for Percy to high-five and so she did.

-

When the time came, which was like midnight, Percy had to make her way home. She said her goodbyes to Roy, promising him to see him next weekend, as she would return to Mt. Justice tomorrow.

She walked out of the building and walked to the apartment where she lived. Thankfully she didn't run into any trouble and returned to the apartment just as she'd left. She unlocked the apartment, walked in, locked the door and walked into her room.

She changed into pajamas and turned if the lights. She crawled down into her warm bed and fell asleep.

(Dream)

She stood in front of a battlefield. Fires burned, smoke filled the air, blood stained the ground. Bodies lay everywhere. Lives wasted because the gods had family problems. She could still hear the screams of pain. She sank to her knees and blood-soaked her pants, but she didn't care. She threw her hands down on the ground and tears rushed down her cheeks. Sobs racked her body, and she felt so vulnerable.

-

She woke up in cold sweat, her heart racing. She ran her hand through her hair and tried to fall asleep again.