Chapter Thirty-Two

Heyyyyy guys, guess who's back with another chapter! Me! Well, anyway, this chapter is like one day delayed because I've published another story. It's called I'm In and it's a fem!Percy x Batgirl story if you want to check it out. And yes, I will be doing Rachel x Kaldur.

"I think we should go back down, it would be suspicious if you weren't there," Percy said.

"It would, wouldn't it?" Rachel said.

Percy got up from where she had been sitting and Rachel did the same.

They walked down the stairs to the ballroom and Percy took in how very huge the room was.

"I'm gonna go find Roy," Percy said.

"Okay, I might go and talk to Kaldur," Rachel replied.

Then a sudden thought burst into Percy's mind. Is she crushing on Kaldur? You know what? They'd be cute together.

Percy made her way through the room to Roy. When she spotted him she realized that he looked utterly confused.

She picked up her pace and laughed slightly. When Roy saw her his facial features relaxed and he also walked towards her. They met in the middle, as you can say.

"Want to dance?" He asked.

"I'm not the best dancer," Percy admitted.

"I'm not either," Roy said.

They danced. Sure, neither of them were really good at it, but it was fun. She spotted Rachel talking to Kaldur and her suspicions were confirmed. She definitely has a crush on him.

"I think Rachel likes Kaldur," Percy said.

"Who wouldn't? He's a nice guy," Roy said.

"No, not like that. I meant she likes him," Percy said.

"Oh, you think?" He said.

"Yeah, just look at them," Percy said.

Roy looked over her shoulder and saw Rachel and Kaldur chatting, Rachel blushing a little.

"Yeah, she probably does," Roy said.

-

When she'd separated from Percy she did walk to Kaldur, just like she might. He looked a bit lonely, after all, he didn't have anyone to talk to.

"Hey, Kaldur," She said as she walked up to him.

"Oh, hello Rachel," he said. "Do you need anything?"

"No, you just looked a little lonely so I thought I could talk to you," Rachel said.

"Oh, that is kind of you," Kaldur said.

"I guess. You guys are here to protect the civilians because we might be attacked, right?" Rachel asked.

"Yes, we are," Kaldur replied.

They chatted about different things until the windows shattered and men in black clothes stepped inside with guns. One guy fired at the ceiling and Kaldur pulled her behind him.

"Thanks, but I can handle myself," Rachel said.

"I know that, I am just doing my job," Kaldur explained.

"Who do you think their boss is?" Rachel said.

"I-"

Kaldur was interjected by one of the men, the one who had fired at the ceiling stepping forward. He said a few things that Rachel didn't bother listening to, probably something that had to do with money.

"I bet it's him," Rachel said.

She reached to the bag that was slung over her shoulder and grabbed a certain object. Kaldur who realized what she was going to do, smiled.

"Go ahead," he whispered.

"Not that you'd be able to stop me if you wanted to," Rachel muttered.

Her eyes narrowed as she aimed the object, a blue hairbrush, at the boss' head. She threw it with deadly precision and it hit its target. The man fell to the floor, unconscious.

"I may have thrown it too hard," she whispered.

"Yes," Kaldur replied. "Just a little."

"A blue hairbrush?" One of the men yelled. "Who threw that?!"

"Stay quiet," Kaldur whispered.

When Rachel looked around she saw that Percy and her team were gone, probably getting ready to take those men down.

"Shouldn't you be your friends?" She asked.

"No, since I am here, I will protect you and other civilians," he said.

"Okay," she replied. Then Riptide jumped down from the rafters and delivered a swift kick to a guys head while in the air. The guy was knocked unconscious and she landed on the floor.

"Riptide," one of the men growled.

"You know who I am? I feel so honored," Riptide replied and the other heroes jumped down from the rafters.

"Riptide, we were supposed to jump at the same time!" Wally said.

"Yeah, but you know me," Riptide replied. One of the men ran at her, trying to punch her face. She grabbed his fist and twisted it. His wrist made a satisfying crack and the man yelled in agony. She kicked his head and he fell to the ground unconscious.

Then the men separated, going for different heroes. The civilians looked at the fight in awe. There were literally superheroes and vigilantes fighting bad guys right in front of them.

"Wow, Pe- Riptides good," Rachel said.

"Yes, she is," Kaldur said.

"I can't believe that's actually Percy, the same Percy I've known for so long," Rachel said.

"I take it she had changed," Kaldur said.

"She's much better at fighting," Rachel said.

"You do have to train a lot to become a superhero," Kaldur said.

"Yeah, you do," Rachel said.

Once the team had taken down the men they tied them up before leaving. The police came to pick up the men. The charity ball ended and Kaldur promised Rachel that they'd meet again.

Once she'd settled in her room an Iris Message appeared in front of her.

"Hey Rachel," Percy said.

"Hi Percy," Rachel said. "It was cool, the fighting you did. You've certainly gotten better."

Percy blushed a deep red and said a quick thanks.

There was a short, awkward silence. "You like Kaldur, don't you?"

Now it was Rachel's turn to blush. "I- what- me- him? Yeah, I do."

"Though so."