Chapter 27

Becky's POV

The chain cutters fell onto the floor and dragged over to me.

What the hell?

Wait did I do that?

Suddenly the door opened and someone walked in.

"Hey. How did these get over here?" The guard asked picking them up and glaring at me.

"I don't know." I said.

"Yeah. Sure." He scuffed and put them back on the table.

He turned to me and smirked. "I suppose I should punish you for that."

"What?! I didn't even do anything!" I shouted.

Suddenly he raised his hand and brought it down making hard contact with my face. My cheek stung like a mother. He rose his hand to hit me again and I flinched back.

"Stop!" I screamed as his hand came down. I shut my eyes waiting for his hit but it never came. I opened my eyes slowly and looked at him.

His hand was inches away from my face. I looked at his face and saw his eyes were distant.

What the hell?

"Stand up straight." I said and he did as told.

"Get me out of this chair." I said and he walked over to the table and picked up the chain cutters. He walked next to me and cut the chains. To say I was surprised was an understatement.

"Now give me the keys to all of the cells." I said standing up. He handed me the keys. "Now knock yourself out."

He hit himself over the head and was out like a light.

"Wow. That was easy." I muttered and left the room.

Screams and cries were heard through the halls as I opened doors.

Suddenly I got to a cell door with three people in it.

I opened the door and instantly the smell hit me.

"Connor?" I asked in surprise.

"Becky?! What are you doing here!" He said walking into the light.

"Mason kidnapped me and I got out. It's a long story. But help me." I said throwing him the keys.

He quickly went out into the hall and opened the cell doors.

I ran out of the cell leaving the other two to go find a way out.

I finally found a door at the top of some stairs that lead to the foyer. I looked out the door and didn't see anyone.

Where is everyone?

Then it dawned on me. Damon wouldn't have listened to me when I told him not to come. They were all going to war.

Connor ran up the stairs behind me and nodded.

"Everyone is out." He said.

"Okay. Good. So. Everyone is gone. I'm guessing they are all going into battle with Damon. So we need to get out of here quickly and find them to help." I said.

"Okay." He said before getting in front of me. "I'll lead the way out. Everyone will follow me."

I nodded and we all followed Connor.

Once we were out of Mason's Castle we were running and dodging trees following the smell of Vampire.

Damon's POV

When we were all ready we left. Everyone was coming. And I mean everyone that are able to shift.

We were running in the woods when I heard a twig snap.

I looked in the direction of the noise and saw two glowing blue eyes.

A wolf came out that was about my size but instead of black he was brown.

He nodded his head and shifted. It was James. I quickly shifted also.

"What do you want?" I growled.

"I heard what happened." He said. "My pack and I came to help."

"Why would you try to help me when you're trying to steal my fiancé?" I growled.

"It's okay Damon. Trust me." Suddenly a girl about a year younger than James came out from behind a tree and held his hand. He smiled down at her. "This is Talia. My mate."

"Alright. You can help." I said and shook his hand.

"Let's go." James said to his pack and they all followed after us.

Minutes later we came to an opening in the Forest.

Then the smell hit me.

They're here.

Well it's short but I've finally gotten out of my writers block. Thank god.

The next chapter might come out in the next few days.

I would like to thank my internet best friend, marlynpurple5, for helping me out of my writers block.

She is truly amazing.

Love you all.

Can't believe this book is almost over. :(

QUESTION(S) OF THE CHAPTER: (don't know if I asked this already) where are you all from?

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

Love ya beauties!

See you soon!

-Kim💙