Chapter 16

Damon's POV

After James and his pack left Becky passed out as the rest of our pack arrived.

"We have to get her to the pack doctor. Now." I demanded as I held Becky in my arms.

"He's on his way now Damon." Tyler said putting his hand on my shoulder. "Just breath. Okay. We have her. She'll be okay."

I nodded and he walked away. Once everyone was away from me and Becky I let the tears slip.

"I'm so sorry baby. I shouldn't have left you. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." I whispered into her hair as I held her carefully.

She shifted in my grasp slightly.

"Damon?" She whispered.

"I'm here baby. You'll be okay." I said holding her face in my hands as I kissed her forehead lightly. My whole body was shaking.

"It hurts." She whimpered. "Make it stop."

"I know baby. I know. The pack doctor will be here soon. It will all be over soon."

Suddenly she started to lose consciousness. Her eyes slowly started to close as her breathing slowed.

"Becky?!" I cried lightly shaking her. "Becky. Stay awake. Please."

Tyler ran over with the pack doctor and pulled me away from Becky so the doctor could work.

"Damon. She'll be fine. I promise. We will protect her and she will be fine."

An hour later we were back in our pack territory in the pack clinic. I sat in the waiting room anxiously as the doctor did his job. The door to the hallway leading to Becky's room opened, making my head snap up.

"Alpha Damon." The doctor said bowing his head in respect. "Luna Rebecca is recovering nicely. The bullet didn't go far but it was silver so it will take longer to heal. But she should be perfectly fine in a day or two."

"Thank you doc. Can I go see her?"

He nodded and opened the door for me as I walked into Becky's room. Her arm was in a sling and she was picking her nails. When she noticed I was there she looked up and smiled brightly as tears of joy slipped down her cheeks.

"Oh Damon." She whispered as I quickly walked up to her and grabbed her by the waist.

She wrapped her good arm around my shoulders and sniffles into my chest.

"It's okay now baby. Nothing will hurt you now. I'm here." I whispered into her hair before pulling away and sitting next to her on the bed.

"Damon it was horrible. The only thing that really saved me was Amber and the thought of being with you again." She said as her happiness turned into a scared expression.

"What did he do to you?" I asked quietly not really sure I wanted to know.

She shook her head and started to cry as she pulled on my shirt to bring me closer. I swear to god if he touched her in anyway I will rip his throat out with my teeth.

"I heard that." She whispers as she lifts her head from my chest.

"What? I didn't say anything." I asked in confusion.

"You said if he touched me you would rip his throat out with your teeth." She said slightly laughing. "Well your lips weren't moving but I heard it."

"What?" I asked pulling away from her and furrowing my eyebrows.

"I heard you say it but your lips didn't move." She said realizing what she was saying.

"Becky. Baby. I didn't say that out loud. I was thinking it."

"What are you saying? I read your mind or something?" She laughed slightly then frowned.

I looked at her expectantly as she was deep in thought.

"Did I just read your mind?"

"Um..."

"Is that even possible without a mind link?" She asked in total confusion.

"No." I whispered.

WTF?!?! SHE CAN READ MINDS?!?! WHAT?!?! But how?!

Tell me why you think she can read minds.

And sorry guys it's short. I know.

Next chapter will be longer. I promise.

Anyway I want to get to know my readers.

So... Comment your name, age, where you're from, and a special talent you have.

I'll be dedicating the next chapter to the first person who comments on this chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment anything you'd like.

Love ya beauties!

-Kim💙