Chapter 23

Abigale's POV

Why moon goddess. Just tell me why. First I'm captured by the vampire king, thinking I'll never meet my mate, then I meet my mate in the cell and god was he something. But after that I was taken to be executed. Why moon goddess?

The two men literally dragged me up the stairs and to the grand foyer in front of the kings throne. They shoved me roughly to the floor on my knees.

"You Abigale Stanson are charged with several counts of murder and will be put to death immediately." Mason said as the entire room cheered. I didn't even notice it was full of vampires.

One of the men that lead me into the foyer came up and shoved my head down onto a block. The cheering stopped as a muscular vampire lifted an ax above his head. The ax was about to make contact with my neck when some yelled.

"Wait!"

I felt the blade tickle the hairs on the back of my neck it was so close.

"What?!" Mason roared.

"How do we know she isn't innocent. I mean. It was her alpha not her." That's when I realized it was a girl. She looked about my age but with how vampires are she could be the oldest in the room.

"Ugh. Why do you always have to be right Valery." Mason groaned and waved his hand. The ax was taken away from my next and I was stood up.

"Valery take her to a cell. I need to speak with my men." He said and the Valery girl came and walked me back to the cells.

"I'm Valery by the way." She smiled. She had blonde hair cut in a bob. Her eyes where grey on the inside and on the brims of her irises it was green.

"Abigale. And thank you so much." I said.

"It's fine. I kinda ease dropped when they came to get you. Your mate is down here?" She whispered. I nodded.

"Well let's get you to your mate shall we." I smiled brightly as she opened his cell door. "I'll talk to my brother and convince him to let you three go. I know none of you deserve this."

"Thank you." I said and hugged her.

I walked into the cell and saw Leon crying against a wall while someone else was pacing on the other side of the room.

"Leon?" I said and he looked up.

"Abigale!" He said and scrambled to his feet before crushing me in a hug. "I thought I lost you forever."

"Not quite yet. I'm still here."

"Well how are we gonna get out of here?" The other guy stopped pacing to ask.

"That's Connor. Mason is after his sister."

"Who's your sister?" I asked.

"Becky Taylor. Mate to soon to be alpha Damon Richards." Connor said.

"Wait. The Becky Taylor? As in the prophecy child?" I asked. I heard some of the other wolves in their cells talking about how they have found the prophecy child that will save us all.

"Yes. Becky Taylor the prophecy child." Connor muttered and continuing to pace.

Becky's POV

I woke up next to a girl which freaked me out. I looked around the room and saw Damon sleeping on the couch. I quickly got out of bed and walked over to him, poking him.

"What?" He groaned sleepily.

"Why is there a girl in our bed?" I asked and his eyes shot open.

"Oh shit. I completely forgot." He mumbled.

"I can see that. Now do you mind telling me who she is and why she's in our room." I asked.

"That's Lacy. My dead sister. Well not dead sister. It's hard to explain. But she came in the middle of the night last night so we didn't have a room ready for her so I just brought her up here." He said.

"Oh okay." I laughed and got some clothes and got dressed in the bathroom.

After, I went downstairs and started making myself some breakfast. Soon after Tyler walked into the room.

"Hey Tyler." I smiled.

"Morning Luna." He said sitting at the kitchen table.

"You okay?" I said as I scrambled some eggs.

"Just tired. Toby got drunk last night and I had to take care of him for a while and the usual beta stuff on top of that." He said rubbing his face.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I asked.

"There is something I'll need help with in a couple of days. You can help me then." He said and left the room.

"Alrighty then." I said to nobody in particular.

Well this is a terrible chapter. Like seriously. Sorry but I don't really like it. I had writers block and was just writing shit. I don't even know where this chapter was leading.

Well I think I'm sick. And it sucks ass.

And I don't know what my Wattpad is doing at the moment cause it's doing some weird shit. So yeah.

Anyway war coming soon and stuff so yeah!

See ya soon lovelies.

-Kim💙