Chapter 22

Damon's POV

The second I walked into mine and Becky's room I panicked when I saw her balled up on the floor crying.

"Baby. What happened? Are you okay? Why are you-" I froze as the smell hit me. "Is that?"

She nodded and cried louder. When she finally stopped crying she lifted her head towards Me.

"It was Mason." She whispered.

I instantly got angry. He came into my house on my territory! Who does he think he is?

'Tyler. Get all if the warriors and search the perimeter. If you see anyone that is not from our pack or a neighboring pack rip them to shreds.' I growled through the mind link.

'Yes alpha.' Normally he would try talking to me about this but he knew I was beyond furious.

"Damon?" Becky whimpered whipping her eyes with her tank top.

"Yes darling." I whispered and kissed her forehead lightly.

"I'm so scared." She said looking into my eyes. Her eyes held pain and fear and it hurt my heart seeing her this way.

"I know." I said pulling her towards me and wrapping my arms around her tightly as she cried. "I'll keep you safe. Don't worry."

As I held her she kept crying as she slowly drifted into a deep sleep in my arms. When I knew she was asleep I picked her up off of the floor and laid her in the bed and pulled the blanket over her fragile body. I quickly took off my shirt and jeans leaving me in my boxers. I climbed into bed next to her, pulling her close to my chest. I held her tightly as I slowly drifted towards sleep. Just before I fell asleep someone mind linked me.

'Alpha Damon. I think you're gonna want to see this.' Amber said.

'What is it Amber?' I muttered.

'You have a visitor.' She answered and I quickly got out of bed and put on some sweat pants.

I quickly kissed Becky's head and ran down the stairs to Amber.

"She's in there." Amber whispered pointing to the living room.

"Wait she?" I asked raising an eyebrow. She nodded and went upstairs to her room.

I slowly walked towards the door and looked in. A young girl with brown curls sat on the couch watching the fire in the fireplace.

I stepped into the room and the floor boards creeped making the girl look at me. She immediately stood to her feet.

She looked so familiar with her brown curls and green eyes. That round face covered in freckles. My eyes trailed over her face until I saw it. The scar on her forehead. It was her. But how?

"Damon." She whispered and I jumped over the couch and tackled her in a huge hug. Tears started running down my face as I hugged her tighter hoping this wasn't a dream I was having.

"Lacy. How? Y-you died." I cried as I pulled away slightly to look at my little sister.

"It's a long story. I'm just tired and I can tell you are too." She smiled through her tears. I whipped them off her cheeks and kissed her forehead before pulling her into another hug.

"I don't even care how. I'm just happy you're here and not dead." I said as she hugged me tighter. "Come on. You can stay in my room with me and Becky until we have a room for you."

She pulled away with a bright smile on her face.

"You have a girlfriend?" She laughed.

"Yeah. So?" I chuckled.