Chapter 1

Becky's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I hit it with my hand, silencing it. After crawling out of my warm covers, I took a hot shower. As I took my shower, I used my favorite shampoo, mint and tea tree oil. It smells amazing!

When I got out, I dried my long, brown hair. I put on my faded skinny jeans and blue tank top. Putting on my black vans and black leather jacket, I walked back into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and lined my bright green eyes in black eyeliner and mascara.

I pulled on my backpack and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

"You're up early," I chuckled when I saw my older brother Connor on his phone at the table.

"What?" he asked not paying much attention.

"Never mind. Dork," I laughed and grabbed an apple.

"What time is your game on Saturday?" he asked out of the blue.

"Huh? Oh... Um... 9:30. I think," I shrugged.

"Sorry. I won't be able to make it little sis," he sighs. What?! He NEVER misses one of my games! "Something came up. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you."

"Oh... Okay. That's fine," I sighed. I didn't want to question it anymore so I went out to my skateboard to get to school.

When I walked through the door I was greeted by my best friend Stephanie Myers. Her long blonde hair was braided to the side and her bright blue eyes were outlined in black.

"Hey girly," she smiled hip bumping me.

"Hey Steph." I sighed pulling a small smile.

"What's wrong Becky?" she asked as she flung her arm around my shoulders as we walked to class.

"Connor said that he had something come up so he won't be able to make it to the game."

"What?! He never misses a game!" she gasped. "I'm sorry."

"Eh... I'll be okay." I sighed as we walked through the gym doors to our first period.

We walked down to the girls locker room and changed into the gym class uniforms. They were black shorts that went just about an inch below the butt and red v neck tee shirts.

Me and Stephanie walked up the stairs and into the gym.

"Hey looky looky! Mr. Popular is checking you out," Stephanie winked at me looking over my shoulder at him and his friends.

I turn around and see his tall muscular form standing across the gym. He had a big smirk on his pink lips while his bright blue eyes looked me up and down. His blonde hair spiked up in a style that didn't really go with his style.

I smirked and winked at him as I turned around facing Stephanie.

"Go talk to him!" She whispered nudging my shoulder.

"Alright," I smirked at her.

I turned on my heels and walked towards the group of boys and smiled. I grabbed a soccer ball from the bin right next to them.

"Hi. You must be Becky," The blonde boy smiled walking up next to me.

"Yeah. That's me," I smiled brightly.

"I could tell," He smirked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"Well I've seen that ass of yours on the side lines of the football field in your cheerleading outfit and on the field in your soccer uniform. It's not hard to recognize," I smirked while his buddies high fived behind him.

"Well I'm gonna go than," I scoffed going to walk away when a mouthwatering smell hit my nose. I felt a hand wrap around my arm and spin me around. It was that creepy blonde dude.

"So Becky. You wanna go to a party with me on Friday. Get a little drunk. Dance a little. Have a little fun?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I gasped in disgust.

I heard a low growl from behind me and I knew who it was from their sent. My mate. I stepped back as the blonde stepped forward putting his hand around my waist. I tried to wiggle out of it but he just wouldn't have it.

"Let go of me you sick bastard!" I sneered, hitting his chest with my fist. He wouldn't budge.

"No I'm good having your body against mine," He whispered in my ear and I froze.

Suddenly, I felt a hand grip my waist from behind and pull me out of his grip. The moment the hand touched me I felt sparks. It was him. He growled from behind me still gripping my waist.

"What the hell man?! Back off man, I saw her first," The blonde growled in anger.

"I don't think so," my mate growled stepping in front of me and putting me behind him protectively.

The blonde stepped forward and got in his face. Instantly, my mate hit him in the jaw and he fell to the floor.

"What the hell man!" The blonde yelled holding his jaw.

"Don't touch her again." He growled as he slowly turned to face me. I gasp as I saw his face for the first time. It was Damon Richards. The bad boy. The soon to be Alpha of the Shadow Pack.

"You're mine sweetheart." He growled and pulled me into his chest.

"Um sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not a piece of material that you can own." I said pushing him away. Feeling the sparks rush through my body. No matter how much I want him I have to resist it. This has to be done the right way.

"You are mine!" He growled and his eyes got a dark shade of blue.

"I think I'll pass, thank you." I whispered and tried to push away once more. The tall handsome boy started to growl again. What? He can't just have me. I may be his mate but he has to earn it.

This is going to be hard. Trying to keep myself under control around him until he figures out how to do this the right way.