Chapter 24

Becky's POV

I sat in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee when Lacy came into the room with a huge smile on her face. The second she saw me her smile widened if that was even possible.

"I'm Lacy. Damon's little sister. You must be his mate Becky." She said holding out her hand for me to shake.

"That would be me." I laughed and shook her hand before she sat in front of me and stared at me intently.

After a few minutes of awkward silence I looked her in the eyes.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I said politely.

"It's just... I'm happy Damon found you. And you're beautiful." She smiled which made me smile.

"Why thank you." I laughed.

"So are you excited for tonight?" She said leaning her head on her hand.

"What do you mean?" I said eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Oh he... Oh... Um... Nothing. You'll see." She stuttered out nervously. "Do you hear that? I think my moms calling me."

"Wait your parents don't even know you're alive." I called to her as she went out the door but I was too late.

Seconds later Damon walked in and kissed my cheek before getting himself a cup of coffee.

"So... Your sister just left." I said looking up from my cup.

"And?" He said sitting in front of me.

"She asked if I was excited for tonight." I asked mischievously. "Why would I be excited for tonight Damon?"

"Shit." He muttered under his breath. "I... Um... Was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner with me."

He was so nervous. It was adorable.

"I don't know. Let me check my schedule." I said teasing him and getting up from the table making his face fall.

He looked like a sad puppy.

"I'm just kidding. I'd love to." I said and he stood and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissing my forehead with a smile.

"Thank god. I thought I'd have to drag you there." He chuckled.

"Oh so I was going wether I wanted to or not?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Yep. I'll be upstairs to take you at 6. Love you." He said before kissing me and leaving.

"Wait! Should I ware something nice!?" I called and he turned around.

"Ware whatever you'd like. You look beautiful in everything." He smiled making me blush.

~•~

It's now 5:30 and I asked Stephanie to come and do my makeup and hair which she gladly did.

I went into my closet and grabbed my dress.

It was a simple black spaghetti strap dress that went flown at the waist. It went to about mid thigh. I'll admit. It was my favorite dress.

I slipped on my black flats and walked into the bedroom where Stephanie and Lacy were waiting on the bed.

"Wow." Stephanie said smiling at me.

"Yeah." Lacy paused. "What she said."

I laughed and hugged them both.

There was a knock on the door.

"What do you want?! You're ruining the moment dill weed!" Lacy called making Stephanie and I to die of laughter.

"Can I come in?" Damon said through the door as I walked towards the door.

"Please? Cause I've been dying to see my mate since-" I cut him off by opening the door. "Woah."

"Yeah I know right!" Lacy laughed.

Damon just stood there with his eyes roaming over my body.

"Hey big bro. I think you've got some drool right there." Lacy laughed pointing to Damon's chin. He instantly blushed and scratched the back of his neck.

I took that time to look him over. He was waring black jeans with a white button up shit and black tie. He looked so cute.

"Let's go before my sister embarrasses me anymore." Damon chuckled as I nodded and he lead me out to the car.