ASSASINS

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌      

A S S A S I N S  

''Who'd say killing our friends would be this much fun

''Who'd say killing our friends would be this much fun.''

''I know right?''

 ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌    

The music was so loud that it made Rita's skin tingle and her lungs feel like mush as she climbed down the stairs of Gabe's cabin with Alec trailing behind her. The tension between them had disappeared. Rita was finally able to breath deeply and feel the oxygen actually run trough her system for the first time as it cleaned her every malice. 

The bass thumped in time with her heart beat as though they were one, filling her from head to toe with good vibes. She liked the song that played loudly causing every wall to tremble.

''Want something?'' Alec shouted in her ear and she giggled because it made it itch.

''Surprise me.'' She shouted back thumping her ear with her index finger. Alec gave her a wicked little smile before heading to the bar. 

Rita was aware Gabe was wealthy, but upon seeing the immensity of his cabin rich was an understatement. It was a gigantic wooden mansion that looked like a resort more than the resort they were staying at looked like it itself. It even had a fountain on the massive driveway, of course it was frozen. The inside looked like something straight out of a architectural magazine: Two sets of wooden stairs curled from the lower floor to the next and Rita just imagined herself coming down from them with a long beautiful dress like they do in the movies and Lara Jean backed her up on that idea. 

There weren't walls separating the different rooms in the lower floor where the party was mainly happening in making it look like a night club - that because the place was completely lit by black lights. Lara Jean looked like a firefly with her white dress, as Isaac had noted. He had party lights throwing colors from every corner and even had a mirror ball in the ceiling.

It was plain and simple a night club. It all put the homely decor of her birthday to shame. He had a DJ stand at the top of the stairs with an ongoing and actual DJ for god sakes. Gabe did that. 

There wasn't many people around, maybe around twenty or thirty, and Rita only knew about ten of them. The ones she knew weren't anywhere tough.  Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. Rita couldn't make out any words, but laughter rang in her ears and wouldn't seem to stop.  

She wasn't in the slightest intoxicated and she wasn't planning on being either, mainly because she was scared to drink after her birthday party where she had become the worst version of herself. She didn't want to go back to that.