{28} The Man in the Suit

***

***

Stefan, Elena, and I stood at the lockers as we talked about everything that was going on right now. One of the topics just so happened to be the one and only... Damon Salvatore. He seemed to be the main focus of most of our conversations lately. Obviously he would be though seeing as he didn't find Katherine in the tomb so he couldn't get revenge on her for killing Corinthia. Stefan was the one speaking right now, "Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him he shuts me down."

I nodded, "That much would be obvious. He spent so long trying to open the tomb to get revenge on Katherine only to find that she isn't there," I turned to Stefan with a look, "That's bound to be a huge disappointment."

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" Elena asked.

Stefan shook his head, "I don't know. Like Charlotte said, he waited a hundred and forty-five years only to find out that Katherine wasn't even there. I mean it's gotta hurt, right?"

"And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy," Elena said sarcastically.

"You have every reason to be upset with him," Elena hummed in agreement. Apparently, Damon had went on and on to Alaric about how he slept and killed his wife, who turned into a vampire, then he found out that Alaric's wife was actually Elena's mom. Elena was, obviously, not happy to hear about what he did, "Have you thought any more about what you're going to do?"

"About what? Isobel, my vampire birth mother, who's related to my vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother? Nah... I haven't thought about it at all." Elena told him. I laughed a little at the way she put it. All of us seemed to have a very messed up and confusing life, but what can I say? It's fun sometimes, I have to be completely honest,

Stefan smiled, "I'm sorry I brought it up."

Elena sighed, "It'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire mother or brother." I immediately knew where this conversation was going so I thought of the first excuse I could.

I turned to them and said, "I just remembered that I have something that I have to do. So... I'll talk to you guys later." Then I bolted out of there without saying another word. I wasn't too obvious, was I?

***

Stefan and Elena were on a double date with Matt and Caroline so I was left by myself for the day. Damon was who knows where and I just didn't want to go through the trouble of finding him. So here I was walking around Mystic Falls with no destination in mind. I had no one to talk to so this was pretty much one of the only options that I had at the moment.

I had come across a bench and decided to sit down and look at the sky. This was something that I have always loved to do. Ever since I was a little kid, I have always loved to look up at all of the stars. Something about them just interested me so much. I suddenly sensed someone sitting beside me and I turned to see a man in a suit sitting beside of me. He was looking straight ahead of him and then he looked over at me. I didn't feel anything bad coming from him. I felt comfortable with him... like I know him from somewhere and I just couldn't remember.

"Hello." He said with a smile.

I smiled back at him slightly, "Hi. Are you new in town?"

The man nodded, "Yes. I got here just recently."

I looked at him further and I still couldn't shake the feeling, "Have I met you before?"

"I don't think so. I would remember meeting someone like you," He told me. "Do you like staying here?"

"Yeah. This town really is something." I nodded. I looked out in front of me and up at the stars. The two of us talked for a little while more. We talked about whatever came to mind and it felt like I was talking to an old friend that I was just now reconnecting with. I don't know why I was having this feeling like I knew him. I decided to finally get up and go back to the Salvatore Boarding House.

The last thing that the man said to me was, "We'll be seeing each other very soon." The way he said that made me wonder what the hidden meaning behind that was. He said it like he knew something that I didn't. Everyone talked that way to me a lot is what I've noticed. I said goodbye to him and then went on my way.

***

I finally got home and I walked inside looking around for the boys. The double date was most likely over by now so I didn't have to worry about any awkward encounters. I've already had plenty of those to last me a lifetime. I walked into one of the rooms seeing Stefan and Damon looking at each other with annoyance.

I stared between them, "Did I miss something?"

Stefan nodded at me and then turned back to Damon, "Are you crazy? Especially if you are go-" Damon gave him a look which made Stefan cut himself off. Damon glanced over at me for a second and Stefan did the same.

I looked at them in confusion, "What?"

Damon doesn't answer and only says, "Save the lecture. Look-" Damon was cut off by someone jumping through the window which broke it. He landed on Stefan and stabbed him with a piece of glass. I kick the guy off of Stefan and he looks up at me. Before he could do something to me, Damon stepped in and started to fit with him.

I go over to Stefan and say, "This is gonna hurt!" I quickly pulled out the glass making him groan in pain. I heard another window break and I turned to see a woman standing there. Her first target was me and I tried to dodge all of her attacks. I ducked down and stabbed her in the leg with the glass in my hand. I quickly stood up and she grabbed me by my neck.

I stared at her with a fierce glare on my face. I looked behind her to see Stefan breaking one of the many chairs. He grabbed a broken chair leg and stabbed the woman from behind. I took a deep breath since I was finally able to breathe. The woman fell to the ground and Damon sent the man flying across the room. The man immediately stood up and looked at the three of us who were standing beside each other. He looked over at the woman who laid dead on the ground and retreated.

Stefan and I looked over at Damon as he said, "Damn it."

"I remember them from eighteen sixty-four," Stefan told us. He turned to look at Damon, "They were in the tomb."

"Yeah... About that." Damon stated making Stefan and I look over at him in confusion. Just what did Damon do now?