{6} Manipulation

***

***

AS I SAT AT THE house, I started sipping on a glass of water I had poured earlier but didn't get a chance to finish. I almost spit out my water in surprise when Damon Salvatore suddenly appeared behind me, whispering softly in my ear, "I wouldn't drink that if I were you..." I turned to ask him why he had said that, but he was gone by the time I could turn around to face him. Believing he only said that to me to scare me, I downed the rest of the water, but began to feel a little dizzy afterwards. I felt like I was intoxicated, maybe I was intoxicated. It wasn't until I saw that devilish smirk and started to fall, did I realize that the water was laced with a strange substance. Obviously, what it was I had no clue. I just knew that in seconds after drinking it, I had passed out.

[THREE HOURS LATER]

I woke up to the soft talking of a man's voice, a man's voice reading my journal... I sat up, looking at the raven-haired culprit. "Thanks for making me pass out, dic-" I had started, but Damon only tsked softly. He shut the book slowly, sitting it down on white wooden table beside the chair he was sat in, standing up. "Why did you spike my water?" I questioned Damon angrily, my nails digging into my palms slightly.

"I was only trying to build up your tolerance to it," Damon said innocently, sending me a small smirk before letting his face fall into a solemn expression once again. He threw a pair of jeans and one of his black V-necks towards me. "Put that on, we're going to the game. It starts in twenty, and you obviously have to be there for bunny-eater," Damon said to me, but I only shook my head. I have my own clothes, why the hell should I wear his? Besides, he just drugged me. And I don't even know why. He's shown that I can somewhat trust him, but now he's goes and does this?! What. The. Actual. Hell.

   I threw the shirt back at him, finding my own faded white tee shirt instead and pushing him out to put the clothes on, slipping on some socks and some black Converse. I didn't talk to the raven-haired Salvatore, showing my obvious anger with him. He was right though, I needed to go for Stef.

I grabbed my phone, which he had been on, and tried to open it. It opened with a passcode now, a passcode that Damon had made himself. "Damon..." I growled softly, holding my poor phone up to him. "Explain this. Now," I said to him, as he only smirked. He proceeded to say that he was only messing with me, and he took the phone to take the passcode off. I had never had a passcode before because it wasn't necessary, but now that there's a snoopy little Salvatore here, I need one. Stefan would never go through my phone, better yet, he'd never drug me. Now that Damon has shown untrustworthy, I made a passcode. It was my best friend's Nikkita's birthday. God I miss her.

   I then pushed past Damon and grabbed my keys, running outside to my car and getting in, turning on the ignition and turning the heat on. It was kind of cold tonight for it being fall. I then wondered why Damon wanted me out of the house and at the game in the first place? Even if his motives weren't sinister, why would he tell me to go? Not because he cares about Stefan, that's for sure. And Damon left with me. Meaning I'd have to spend the whole game knowing he was there. Damon and high school don't mix well, in any setting. I have a feeling things won't go down so well.

   I know that I won't be able to handle the events that will probably happen tonight, seeing as I still feel off from whatever drug he put in my drink. I never thought he'd stoop so low with anyone. Then again, he's killed for fun before. I shouldn't have expected him to be kind and nice to me. I am, after all, like a sister to his one life-long enemy: his brother. I knew he'd make a mess that he expected I'd clean up. He always does when it comes to Stefan and trying to be a normal high school kid. 

   Upon the realization that things would probably get ugly, I turned around and drove back home, passing his blue car as I drove. I knew that it was probably a bad move, and that it was cowardly in a way. But sometimes you have to step back and realize when enough is enough and to stop once you know you're tired. You'll break down if you keep going when you have no fuel. And tonight... Well, my fuel is on the E, and I wouldn't be able to help at the game anyway. My presence isn't needed. I decided that I didn't need to go to the game anyway, seeing as I know that Stefan would win for them (and Caroline would film the whole thing), so I walked back inside without turning back.

   I had left my bag at home anyways, and would be late to the game if I had came back for it, as I would've had to do. I walked back inside and up to my bedroom, slipping my clothes off as I got ready for a shower. I grabbed a rag and a towel, turning the water on as I slipped into the shower and washed myself off, grabbing the towel and towel drying my hair and my body, slipping on my undergarments and then putting Damon's shirt on since it was still in here and it was comfortable, slipping into my bed. I wrote a little bit in my diary about my day, then turned off the lamp on my nightstand, deciding to fall asleep early today since I usually get three hours average a night and because I was absolutely exhausted from the events of today.