{8} The Founder's Party

***   I WAS DRESSED in a black dress that went just above my knees with some lace at the top

***
   I WAS DRESSED in a black dress that went just above my knees with some lace at the top. I thought it was gorgeous but nothing too female-ish. Just the way I liked it. I grabbed two strands of my brunette hair from the front and pulled them both back to where the back of my head and used a clip to keep them there before applying hairspray. I didn't curl or straighten my naturally wavy hair because I thought it suited me. As I walked out I came to face-to-naked chest with Damon.

   "Put a shirt on," I said to him, crossing my arms and giving him a pointed look. Damon looked me up and down, let out a low whistle, then turned to Stefan to ask if they still wore ties to the Founder's Party. I rolled my eyes at his childish antics and slipped on some small heels, putting on mascara and some natural lipstick so I didn't have a full face of caked makeup. I just walked out to my car, putting my black corsage on and holding Bonnie's white corsage in its box. I knew she forgot to buy one, so I bought one for her. She is my date, after all, and my friend.

    I looked at it and touched the white flower softly and played with the pink ribbon. She was wearing this beautiful floral dress, and I'm the exact opposite of it. I drove to the Bennett house, knocking on the door. Her Grams opened it and immediately I saw a smile light up her face. "Oh, so you're the girl my Bonnie said she was going with," she said. "I always knew that Bonnie didn't play for the men's tea-"

   "Ms. Bennett, trust me, we're only going as friends. I'm sure she does play for the men's team, just like I do," I laughed, my face burning a little as I realized it must've been a pinkish color. Bonnie made herself known as she had a horrified look on her face. She kissed her Gram's cheek and said bye to her, but not before telling her that she didn't like girls. As the door shut, I laughed. "Aw, your Grams is so precious, Bon. I miss my own grandmother," I said softly. My grandmother had baked cookies every time Jason and I came to her house, and she'd always kiss my head. Sadly, she died the year I turned seventeen.

    "She's just old and confused," Bonnie brushed it off, chuckling softly. I could tell it was an innocent joke because she too loved her Grams. I walked her to the car and opened the door for her, "Oh, what a lady." She sat down and I shut the door for her, handing her the box. "What's this?" Bonnie asked, looking down at it. I told her to open it and she did, revealing a beautiful corsage. "Charlotte! You didn't have to do that!" She said with a huge grin, grabbing my wrist in excitement. For a minute, her face fell and I thought she didn't like it, but once she let go she smiled again and handed it to me. "Will you put it on for me?" Bonnie asked softly, and I nodded as I tied the pink ribbon to her wrist and messed with the pretty ribbon next to the flowers. She admired it before telling me to drive to the Lockwood's.

    I did as told and drove, playing soft music in the background. Once we arrived, I quickly got out of the car and opened Bonnie's door for her, holding my hand out. "M'Lady," I said to her with a smile, causing her to send me a smile back. Even if it isn't a legitimate date, I still wanted Bonnie to feel like this wasn't awkward and I wanted her to feel special. She didn't have a date and I said I'd go with her, so I'm sure as hell going to give her the full experience, minus all the physical things couples do.