{37} The Device

***

***

Elena and I were walking through the halls in the school. Elena had messaged me and told me that Bonnie wanted to meet us. So here we were, trying to find her in this big school. I finally looked in through one of the windows in the doors and saw her. I turned to Elena and nodded at her. We walked inside the door and I saw Bonnie reading a book.

Bonnie turned to look at us, "Hey! Thanks for meeting me," Elena and I walked closer. I finally got a better look at what she was reading. It was Emily's spell book, "I wanted you guys to see this."

Elena glanced at the book and then at Bonnie, "Is that Emily's spell book?"

Bonnie nodded, "I've been going through it since Grams died," I gave her a sympathetic look. She turned her gaze on to the book in front of her, "Check this out." Inside of the book was a bunch of different symbols and cursive writing. One thing that really stuck out though was the vampire compass.

"That is the vampire compass. Why would it be in here?" I asked Bonnie, turning to look at her.

"According to Emily, Johnathan Gilbert never actually succeeded in inventing anything. Emily secretly spelled them all with magic," Bonnie explained. Well... that is a very depressing story. "Compass," Bonnie started to slowly flip through the pages, "Rings and the mystery device you told me about."

Elena was the one who spoke, "Yeah, that's it. Well, a part of it. Damon only has the one piece."

I furrowed my eyebrows at it, "Is it just me or does it look like a music box?"

No one answered as Bonnie started talking, "Emily pledged her loyalty to Katherine. But she couldn't stand by and watch innocent people get killed. This was the only way she could think of to help. To let Johnathan Gilbert believe that he'd actually invented these devices."

I stared at the device even closer, "And does it say anything about what the device is, what it does?"

Bonnie read a little bit of the page before looking over at Elena, "Are you sure this is what Isobel wants?"

Elena straightened up, "Yeah, I'm sure. Why?"

"This is a weapon..," Bonnie trailed off. My head snapped over to look at her, "Against vampires." I was fairly surprised at what I was hearing. From what I knew, Isobel was also a vampire... so why did she want a weapon that could harm herself? I decided that it was time for me to go home so I told the girls that I would see them later. All I needed was some well deserved rest.

***

I was woken up from my very peaceful, and very need, sleep by someone loudly saying, "Absolutely not!" It was obvious who it was and I was about to murder them. This has to be the eighth time that he has done this now. I was done. This was the day that I was finally going to kill Damon Salvatore. I walked out of my room still in my clothes from today and walked to where I heard the shouting. I walked into the room to see Damon, Stefan, Elena, and Bonnie talking. Damon said, "I'm not gonna give the device to Isobel so she could give it to John who is going to turn it to kill me. I like being a living dead person."