{9} June, 1953

***

***

Elena, Bonnie, and I were standing by the lockers talking. I missed a lot of stuff at the Founder's Ball from what Stefan told me. Stefan put Damon in the cell down in the basement and Damon's been there ever since. I honestly don't know why we can't just shake hands and get along. It would make everything a whole lot easier. But anyway, we were talking when we heard a loud voice.

We all turned toward the voice to see it was Caroline who was passing out fliers. "The sexy suds car wash is tomorrow. The football team and the band have committed. Well, not all the band. Just the ones who could pull off the bikini. I want, in your face, sexy. I mean, it's a fundraiser, for god's sake."

"Unbelievable. It's like nothing happened." Elena said to Bonnie and I. Is this usually what teenage girls do these days? Gossip? It gets kind of tiring hearing about who is going out with who. Can't people just mind in their own business?

"She's in denial." Bonnie shook her head. We all watched Caroline who was laughing with two other girls.

"Hey." I turned to see Stefan standing in front of us.

"Hey. You know, I gotta go. Be somewhere right now." Bonnie said walking away from the obvious tension.

"You know what? I have somewhere to be right now too." I started walking away in the opposite direction of the two. I cannot handle that type of drama today.

***

I was sitting on the couch in the living room, playing a game on my phone. I was completely invested in the game, but that didn't stop me from hearing Stefan walking towards the door. "And where are you going?" I asked turning around to face him.

He stopped and then turned towards me, "I'm going to Elena's house to make her dinner."

I smirked, "Oh really?" I turned away from him and went back to my game.

"What?" Stefan asked confused.

"Oh, nothing," I said still smiling. He started walking towards the door again and I called out, "Good luck. Don't screw anything up!" Then, I heard the door close. I turned my phone off, getting bored with the game. I brought my feet up on the couch and laid down. I stared up at the ceiling and just started thinking. What I didn't plan on though was falling asleep.

***

The next day, it was time for the Sexy Suds car wash and I was really looking forward to it, note the sarcasm. I was begged to come by Caroline and eventually to get her to stop begging me, I agreed so here I am now. I was wearing short shorts and a bikini top. I was standing with Bonnie and Matt washing a black car. Matt was staring at Elena and Stefan in slight jealousy.