{29} The Tomb Vampires

***

***

As it poured the rain, I had to listen to an idiot (that idiot being Damon) hammer boards up on the window, because it was broken when two of the tomb vampires broke it. "I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night," Damon said.

"Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, 'Oops. Sorry?'" Stefan asked sarcastically.

"Stefan kind of has a point, Damon," I pointed out, him giving me a childish look and me returning the look back to him.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her," Elena said to Damon, watching him walk over to her.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's...scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine once and for all," Damon explained.

"Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process," Elena said snarkily, looking over at Stefan and I. I couldn't repress the chuckle that escaped my lips at her attitude. She really was a Petrova. I've never met Katherine, but from what I've heard of her, she's elusive and attitudinal. Plus I've definitely heard enough Salvatore horror stories to do me for a lifetime.

"You don't have to be snarky about it," Damon replied to her.

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky," Elena snarkily once again, said to Damon.

"Again, they have another point, Damon. You're sort of asking for it now, aren't you?" I questioned with a joking smirk to him.

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" Damon asked nonchalantly.

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities," Elena said simply to him, and I fought the urge to chuckle once more. He is just getting burned all day today.

"Ouch," Damon replied.

"This isn't being very productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah? Hmm," Stefan said, rubbing Elena's back. I walked out of there when I noticed the mushy couple-y stuff.  Damon followed after me. He went up to his bedroom and I went to line, parting our ways.

***
[ 𝙷𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁 ]

I was standing beside Damon, watching him fix a large clock on the wall of the house. Stefan was walking at a steady pace to the door. Him in a hurry usually only means one thing: "Hunting party?" Damon questioned.

"That guy did a number on me last night when he stabbed me. I gotta get my strength back up," Stefan explained quickly.

"I've got two liters of soccer mom in the fridge," Damon offered, as Stefan gave him a sarcastic smile. "No?"

"We'll talk when I get back?" Stefan asked, zipping up his jacket.

"All right. Give my regards to the squirrels," Damon called to Stefan as he left.

Damon kept winding the clock as I got a message from Elena, reminding me about a movie night we had scheduled a few days ago. I walked to the couch and grabbed my jacket, explaining, "I have plans with Elena."

"You mean the girl who called me a 'self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities'?" Damon asked me, shutting the now fixed clock as he turned around. "Really? Elena?" he questioned.

I nodded, "Yes, really. Elena and I are really good friends now, Damon. And Katherine apparently hated Corinthia. We don't want a repeat of doppelgänger history."

***

I walked out of the house and got into my car, driving to Elena's. I saw a man walk into the street the moment I was heading for him. It was like he had just appeared there and began to walk. Before I knew it, the man was laying unconscious on the pavement.

I rushed out of my car, going to help him or call 9-1-1, but before I could do anything multiple things happened at once: I was surrounded by vampires, tackled by said vampires, staked in the stomach with a wooden stake, and injected with vervain.

Soon, all consciousness had drifted away and I was sleeping peacefully in the arms of tomb vampires..

***

I awoke to the obnoxious sound of knocking and a familiar voice yelling for a woman named a Pearl to open the door. My tired, beaten mind couldn't comprehend at the time that the voice was Damon. I was taken by two men as we met Stefan in a room in front of the door. We were both greyish and sweating, groaning in pain.

"You're dead," Damon said, trying to step inside. Then he realized he wasn't invited in.

"Whoa. I'm sorry. You haven't been invited in," the vampire male replied, "Miss Gibbons?"

A brunette lady in blue with a bite mark on her neck with dried blood entered the room. "Yes, Frederick, honey?" The woman asked with a smile.

"Never let this bad man in," Frederick compelled.

"I'll never let him in," Miss Gibbons replied with a smile.

"Ugh!" I groaned along with Stefan, not being able to concentrate on anything. I didn't realize what was happened until Stefan and I were stabbed with stakes. We both groaned in pain and cried out, as Frederick shut the door on Damon, telling him to have a nice day.

***

I was thrown into a room in the basement, tied down with vervain ropes. I winced and inhaled deeply as the vervain-soaked ropes burned against my vampire skin. I watched as they dragged Stefan to another room in the basement, leaving me in here all alone. Maybe I could break free while they weren't watching.

I listened to Stefan yell out in pain, but I couldn't hear what they were saying to him.. It was scary. I heard loud yells of the vampires, but was so tired and weak that I couldn't even decipher what they were saying to each other..