{1} An Old Friend's Back

***"WAKEY WAKEY, eggs and bacey!" I hear my brother- well adopted in heart brother -wake me up

***
"WAKEY WAKEY, eggs and bacey!" I hear my brother- well adopted in heart brother -wake me up. I only groan and hold my pillow over my face, but there's another pillow under that, seeing as I'm always prepared. Stefan, my best friend that's more of a brother, is quite predictable. I've also learned over the years to be prepared for anything. Once, on my fifty-fifth birthday morning Stefan brought in a Mexican band to play really loud to wake me up. Not the worst way to wake up, honestly, but not the best either.

"Stefaaaaaaan!" I squeal as quietly as possible when I feel cold water being poured on me, the freezing liquid drenching my hair, then slowly slipping down my neck, making me shiver as I wipe it off of me. Stefan laughed a booming laugh before passing me a dark blue towel to wipe off with- my favorite color. Yes, Stefan's a pain sometimes, but so am I. In fact, he's older than me in vampire years. I kind of beat him in human years though, since I'm twenty-two in human years and he's only seventeen. I quickly reach over and grab the half-full bucket of water and pour the rest on him, his freshly styled and blow dried hair getting soaked, along with his clothes for school. I somehow managed not to leave the warm bed yet. He held his hands up in mock surrender.

"Oh... You're on, sister. Watch your back," Stefan warns, before sending me a teasing glare as he walks back to the bathroom, probably to dry and style his hair again. As he does that, I quietly slip out of the bed, not wanting to wake Zach. Stefan always forgets about how he actually needs sleep, since he's human. I walk down the hall, rubbing my cold arms quickly as I open the door to one of the four and a half bathrooms in the house, slipping in and rummaging through my towel pantry, seeing as I claimed this bathroom as mine when Stefan said we were moving into the house. I slip out of my big tee shirt and strip down as I grab a light blue towel and sit it on the closed toilet lid, taking my chestnut brown hair out of it's ponytail. Today, it has decided to be kind of wavy, so naturally I'll let it go with its flow. I slip in the shower and turn on the warm water, washing my hair with vanilla scented shampoo and cinnamon scented conditioner, before washing off my body with a nice smelling body wash.

I shower, but soon I hear my bathroom door creak open and see a shadow standing in front of the curtain... Much too tall to Stefan, and much too muscular and fit to be Zach. I, being myself, open the curtain a little and peak out, but only to find nothing. I sigh and run a hand through my clean hair, certain that I'm going crazy. Lex always told me I was the craziest person she knew, maybe that's staring to be literal. I step out, hearing talking downstairs between Zach and Stefan, Zach asking who the hell I was and Stefan responding something along the lines of "my family". It was sweet for him to say that I'm his family and everything, seeing as his brother is nothing to him now. I met the man back in the 90s, and Stefan wasn't too happy. He wore a leather jacket and a smirk that seemed to never leave his face while he was around me.

After I dry off, I apply some mascara and lip gloss before slipping on a pair of ripped jeans and a black V-neck shirt, pinning the front parts of my hair out of my face. I then walk downstairs and slip on a pair of galaxy sneakers and slip my AT&T cellphone in my jeans pocket before hearing Stefan call it's time to go, his keys jangling in his hand. I can't decide whether to take my black Jeep, or ride with Stef. That encounter with the shadowy figure in the bathroom still has me on edge, so for the first time in a while, I open up the door to Stefan's car and decide to ride shotgun. This is also the first time in a long time that I'm attending school, after he saved this girl who looked like a spitting image of this girl he dated a while back.