{16} Death is Truly a Terrible Thing

***

***

Stefan had finally shown up and the three of us were dancing... Well, Lexi and I were. Stefan was just being a little awkward. Lexi and I stared at him with painful looks. Lexi was the first one to say something, "Okay, I'm gonna need a little more foot movement."

"Yeah, not really interested in making a fool out of myself." Stefan said.

"You kind of are already." I commented with a smile and he gave me a 'really?' look.

"Come on, you're not that bad." Lexi smiled.

"Do me a favor. Tell me if you see Damon with his camera phone." Stefan said to us.

"Sure." I nodded.

Lexi said, "Right." Lexi then started to lead the two of us to the pool table.

***

"Woo!" Stefan said as he made a good move in pool. Lexi, Stefan, and I were all playing together. So far, Stefan was in the lead with Lexi following close behind while I was dead last. Yeah... I suck at pool. This was literally my third time playing it ever. I still didn't understand most of the rules yet.

Lexi high fived him, "Nice!" From the corner of my eye I saw Elena walk over to the bar. She stared over at the three of us and it didn't take a genius to know that she was jealous. My attention was brought back when it was my turn to go.

***

Stefan and I were still playing pool while Lexi was talking with Elena. Of course, Lexi had no idea we were listening in. She had some pretty good advice when you needed it. Lexi walked back over to us, "Yep, I drank yours, sorry."

Stefan smiled, "Thank you."

Lexi has a look of understanding on her face, "You weren't supposed to be listening. I was feeling epic, whatever." I laughed at her comment.

***

I was dancing and started to get bored when I decided to find Stefan. I was beginning to feel tired so I was going to tell him where I was going so he wouldn't freak out. I walked over to him and Elena then noticed the look on his face. I turned to see what he was looking at. Sheriff Forbes had vervained Lexi and she was now being dragged away.

"Oh my god!" Stefan said.

"What is it?" Elena asked us. I quickly started to walk to the front doors, but two officers was standing in the way.

"Excuse me. I really have to do something right now." I told him nicely.

"Can't go out this way." One of the officers said to me. Before I could do anything or say anything back, Stefan grabbed my arm and dragged me away. We finally reached another exit and ran to where we were hearing gunshots. We saw Sheriff Forbes shooting at Lexi and then suddenly Damon appeared. He had a wooden stake in his hand and he plunged into Lexi's heart. Elena and I were about to run out, but Stefan pulled us back.

I was in shock, I couldn't even move anymore, and my thoughts were jumbled up. I just saw one of my best friends die. She wasn't going to just come back like someone had snapped her neck. She was gone... and she was never going to come back. I can't believe Damon would do this. I could see him killing a human that we barely even knew, but mine and Stefan's best friend? That was just... I don't even know what to say, or think, or even do.

"Oh my god!" Stefan said so quietly. We wouldn't have been able to hear him if we weren't so close to him. I turned to see what was happening and I flinched when Lexi's dead body fell to the ground.

Damon turned to the Sheriff who lowered her gun, "You okay?"

Sheriff Forbes nodded, "Thank you. Get it in the car quickly."

Damon nodded, "All right." They got her in the car and then drove away. I still stood there staring at where her body had been. Stefan lightly grabbed my arm and he started to pull me away from the scene. Him and Elena were having an argument again, but I couldn't hear them. It was like everything was muffled... it was probably from the shock. Stefan then stormed away and Elena sighed.

I looked at her and she stared at me, "Come on." She grabbed my hand and started to explain to me what Stefan had been talking about. She must've known that I was paying attention. Elena was taking me to her house because Stefan told her to take me with her. Something about him not wanting me to be there when it all goes down.

When we finally reached Elena's house, we both went up to her room. I tried to keep it all in, but I couldn't and I started to cry. Elena saw and she reach out to hug me. We were both holding onto each other tightly wanting to forget everything we saw tonight.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys! It's Snow here. Sorry that this one is short. I will try to make the next one longer. We are sorry that we haven't updated in awhile. A lot of stuff has been going on in our lives and school has also started for us. School has been a little stressful, but we decided that we really needed to update this story. One) because of you guys and two) because we really missed it. Anyways, we hope you guys liked the chapter! See you guys next time. ~ Snow.