PART TWO•CHAPTER EIGHT

News reporter #1: we are standing outside of Jickson college, just a few feet away from this terrible incident that has happened. Music Professor Cane Wilson was shot, luckily he is okay. It occurs that a successful attempt of a hit and run just happened less than an hour ago. twenty year old Sarah Parker, just a student at Jickson college was injured in the process. We haven't had a hit and run In almost eight years. Perhaps this was an accident? Or perhaps not.
Pay attention closely to the film our security cameras caught. If you recognize this man in the video, please call our crime stoppers now with the phone number on the bottom of your television screen. I'm Dave Delroy and keeping you posted, you're watching News Eleven New Jersey. Back to you Woodson.

SARAH'S POV:
My eyes flutter open Zayne shuts the television as I lay back into the hospital bed. "Wha-what happened?" I asked. "I bought you some flowers, they're over there." Zayne said.  and sob into his shoulder.  "Hm." Zayne said. "What?" I asked. "Nothing." He said. Doctor#2: "Huh?" "Let me take you home." Zayne said. Doctor#2: she's awake? Yep. I'm definitely losing it. It's official, I'm going crazy. I should get my brain checked out. "Last thing I remember is that me and Cane were making out, that's all. What happened?" I asked. "He doesn't love you anymore Sarah. He didn't from the start. The guy is a piece of sh*t. He left you. Don't you remember? Now he's left you here to die." "No." I said. "Yes, he don't deserve you, I do."  He said. Cane walks in, clearing his throat. "Mhm?" I said. "Why are you here?" Zayne asked. "I could ask you the same thing. What are you doing exactly?" Cane asked. "I'm protecting my girlfriend and claiming what's rightfully mine." Zayne said. "What are you a dog? Marking your territory? You mean WHO. Also, I believe you meant to say girl who is a friend of yours, and she has a name! It's Sarah!" Cane said. "Whatever, you know what I meant." Zayne said. Rolling his eyes. "Out of my way!" Cane said. "No!" Zayne said. I watch as they shoved each other. If only I remembered what happened, this way they wouldn't fight. "You're going to jail you fuckin asshole!!" I get in the middle of them. "Stop, STOP, get your hands off each other!" I said. "Sarah, lets go home." Zayne said. "Ok." I said. "But Sarah-." Cane said, lightly grabbing my shoulder. Zayne let me leave before him. I leave the room.
Cane's POV:
"She's all mine now, and you can't have her. You'll never get her back." Zayne said in a threatening tone. "Now, I have some running to do before the cops find me." "Listen, if you hurt her, I swear I'll-." I said. "You'll what? Hurt me? Good luck with that IF you want to keep your job."  Zayne said. Shit, he's right. HOW? HOW DOES HE GET AWAY WITH THIS STUFF? WHERE THE HELL ARE THE POLICE!? I call 911 "This is Cane Wilson calling from Saint Anthony's hospital! Come quickly!! The man who did that hit and run is about to leave!" I said as I hung up. FUCK!

SARAH'S POV:
I seriously don't remember a thing. We get into the car leaving Cane at the hospital. Zayne starts driving.
All of the sudden, It all then hit me just now, I haven't heard Cane's side of the story. I feel dumb. I've been letting Zayne fill my head with lies. LIES!
"Lies." I said. "What was that my sweet? Can you speak more clearly? You seem to be mumbling and I can't hear you ."  Zayne said. With his eyes glued to the road. "Lies, THEY'RE ALL LIES!" I said, slapping him in the face. "You took advantage of  me being unconscious and turned me against Cane! You lied to me!!!" "DON'T YOU EVER!" Zayne said. "You DARE to slap me because you're tired and confused!? After ALL I've done for you Sarah!?" He slapped me ten times harder than I slapped him. He then started to punch me, harder and harder. He was officially beating me on a Dailey basis now, Red marks appeared on my face and bruises started to form on my limbs, and nose. My lip starts to bleed and a black eye forms. My head got smashed into the passenger seat window as I've watched my own blood drip down from it. I feel my nose start to bleed, I feel dizzy and light headed. My vision became blurry, as I feel warm tears start to form behind my eyes. It hurts to cry. I wiped my face with my arm only to reveal more blood. My whole face was now covered in blood, from my nose lips and eyebrows. One more punch and I'll for sure black out. I can't do that though! I have to stay strong! I have glass shards stuck in my face from when he slammed me against the window. The glass cuts my throat...I know I can't blackout though, that would only put me through more trouble. Who knows what could happen if I got left in a car sleeping with this lunatic around me. "I will end you, you useless piece of trash! You are a whore!" Zayne shouted. He punches me right in my face as hard as he can and the world goes black.
Zayne's POV
I tongue kiss her one last time, and then I put her in a black trash bag and tied the red plastic handles as tight as I can as I kicked the bag as hard as I possibly can.  I grip the heavy garbage bag and threw it onto a nearby curb. There was no way she'll get out of this, and if I can't have her to myself, no one can. I believe garbage pickup is tomorrow morning anyway... I drove away before people started to be suspicious of me.
If I can't have her...nobody can.

(2hours later)

Cane's POV:
I came speeding off the highway, after 2 hours of calling her, texting her and looking for her. I got out of my van and slammed the car door. Where? Where is she? I haven't seen her in almost 3 hours! What if he's raping her? Or beating her? What if she's dead? I would never forgive myself. "Where is she?" I asked myself. I come across a garbage bag hiding in plain site on a curb nearby. A garbage bag? On this block? But it's Monday. Oh no, please. Don't tell me. No! I ripped the bag open to reveal Sarah. Her makeup was smeared , her skin was pale, she has a bloody nose, two black eyes. Her limbs-bruised. She has cuts all over her face and even some glass in her hair. There is dry blood all over her face. Her eyelashes are wet with tears, bruises everywhere. I can barely recognize her. Her eyes were closed. Which I don't like the mere thought of. "You're nothing but a sweetheart, how could people treat you so brutal?" I folded my hands on her lifeless looking body as I sat there, drowning in the wetness of my own tears and sorrows. I signal for the passing cars to help but nobody stops to help me. I felt her wrists which had a rope burn on them, he tied her up too? What the hell? I then realized she still had a slight pulse. I picked her up and placed her in the back seat of my car. She is covered in blood yet she still manages to look so beautiful, so graceful. I smash my fist onto my knee when I was kneeling down to see how injured she was. This can't be happening. There's still hope, i take her hair out of her face. I peal tape off of her mouth, taking the white cloth gag out. I ripped the bloody bag off of her revealing a cut on her throat. "You can't die! you can't! I call 911 and they arrive 5 minutes later. After a long night of being in the hospital it started raining, they said it would take a while to recover but since the only hospital that was around was already discovered by Zayne, they suggested I bring her home safe where I can look out for her and nobody would find her. After a long night at the hospital and being questioned, they finally told me I'm not a suspect and started their search for Zayne. I bring her home and I clean her wounds, she still had the scar from when he hit her with his car earlier-Nevermind the new wounds from earlier. I give her a shower thoroughly as I dressed her into new clothes. She had no blood now, just black eyes and a whole lot of bruises. A small scar across her throat. I pick glass out of her hair then I lie her down on our bed. I stroke her gently, I'm a mess. I'm covered in my own tears.  I stay awake the whole night watching her making sure she's okay and hoping she will wake up...

(10 hours later)

SARAH'S POV:
I woke up with Cane's head on my chest, he looked up at me. His eyes met mine. He looked curious,angry,relieved, and worried at the same time. I couldn't quite tell how he felt, all I knew is that his brow was furrowed, his cheeks were dripping with tears, and that usually means something terrible happened because he barely cries EVER. What the hell did I miss? What happened? He has me worrying. My whole body ached, I couldn't even move, he pulled me into a tight hug, which hurt but it felt good for a reason. He put his hand on my forehead, checking if I had a fever. I was wheezing, like an asthmatic. My stomach feels funny and I'm light headed. I'm afraid to ask what went on when I was out. I feel almost drugged. His pointer finger fragile strokes my cheek. "Wha-." "Shhh, you need rest, I'll explain later..."  "Mm." My head is pounding like hammers smashing objects. Pain occurring at every movement I make. What the hell!? I never seen Cane like this. He slowly got off the bed and stood up and placed his hand on his head as he faced the window away from me. He heavily breathed in. I want to comfort him but I can't without crying tears of pain.
I hope he will eventually tell me what happened.

Chapter song: