PART ONE•CHAPTER NINE

Lies, lies and more LIES.

All my classes went by fast, it's now 8th period, some are ditching, some are in class already. I don't know why but in Jackson State College, eighth period was mandatory, I don't know why but, it's a dumb rule, honestly I just want to go home and sleep but we all know that can't happen and it would probably look bad on my college reputation. At least I have an adorable face to look forward to though. It's time to go to music class, yay! "Good afternoon class, get your instruments out and start practicing." "He seems smiley, that's weird. Isn't he the strict teacher?" Derrick asked me. Vicky started to talk, and we know when Vicky talks it's never a good thing. "Oh, you haven't heard?" She said with an intense face on. "That the bird is the word?" Derrick asked. "No dumbass! That Sarah's a whore and she's dating the teacher!" Vicky said. "Oh that." Derrick said. "You knew? she asked." "Yes, I did." He said. She rolled her eyes. All this time I'm acting like I don't hear them talking about me so I started practicing my violin as I heard footsteps behind me. I was pretty convinced that it was no one important, so I continued to practice my violin, and silently read the sheet music inside my head. I was wrong... then I heard his voice. "Hey Sarah how's your day?" Vicky chimed in, "Ew small talk, I'm allergic." Then she walked away as Cane lifted an eyebrow. (Bell:BEEP) "Great baby!" Everyone left the room except me and Cane. He put all my hair to the side and kissed and nibbled the side of my neck a little. He just figured out where my weak spot is. I can tell by his smirk. "Shoot! I might get a hickey now, aaaah! What if mom sees it? Aaah! I was supposed to go out to dinner with her tonight, I guess I could reschedule it."  "How was your day?" I asked. "Terrific, because you're here." He responded. He put my hair back to how it was, he definitely gave me a hickey, I can feel it. If my mom sees this she'll kill me. "So, you don't teach ninth?" I asked. "Nah, just first, third, fifth, sixth and eighth." "Huh." I said. I watched as Canes eyes slowly left mine to look at the door. "I don't want to make you late for your next class, and also, your friends, they're waiting for you out there." He said as he made a head gesture towards the door of the room. I saw Brenda and Derrick waving at me in the halls. Derrick's face was on the glass of the door and he was breathing out of his mouth which probably looked even weirder for Mr.Wilson to see. My luck he's probably asking himself in his head, how is she friends with them? They can't possibly embarrass me more than they already have. "Oh, right." I said smiling. He chuckled a little. "See you later?" He asked. I smirked at him, "You bet!" I Said as his face lightened up. I kissed him on his lips for a short five seconds then made my way out the room. "Schools gonna end soon anyway, today went short."  "Guys what the hell?" I whispered to them. "Hey!" Brenda said. "Mr.W saw you!" I said to Derrick. "Hey Brenda." I said. "Sarah, Vick is going around calling you a whore and going around saying that you fuck teachers to get your grades up." Brenda said with her arms crossed. "Lies." I said. I added on, "How does she know?" I asked in a demanding tone. "Vick can go suck a dick, she called me a dumbass in music class today. You should have seen the look on my face today, it was so freaking embarrassing- "Shut up for a minute Derrick!" Brenda said cutting him off. "You and Mr.W fucked???" Brenda said as she was yelling. "Yes..,  I thought you knew that already!" I said with both my hands on my head "plus, that's not the point!" I said. "You go girl, i'm proud of you. Are you ashamed of dating mr.Wilson? How do you feel about the guy?" Brenda asked in a perky voice. "Hell no!" I Said. "Then what's to worry about?" "True."  "You're right!" I said. "Plus, you're dating someone who's twenty years older than you, that's fricken hot!" She said. "Where did you go wrong?" She asked. "I'm practically a fetus to this guy." I Said. Derrick added on, "He can be your dad! I have questions. When you and him did it, did you play him like a flute? Maybe use his guitar fingering? Did you do it on a piano? Did he use the violin stick for anything? I want details! How did he-." "What terrible things to ask, Derrick." I Said as Brenda slapped him in his face as I rolled my eyes. ""Violin stick", educate yourself man."  "I actually deserved it that time, Brenda's right, sorry about that." Derrick said. I laughed. "Mhm." I said. "Who is Vicky calling a whore? She's the one who  flirts with every guy you've dated in the past. So that makes her the whore!" Brenda said. "You're obviously right." I Said "She's clearly jealous and that's how she should stay considering every girl is jealous of you." Brenda said. "Really? That's what people think of me? That I get laid a lot?" "Hm."  "You got the looks, the personality, the smarts, everything!"She said. "Aww, you guys. Thanks. Jeez, I'm so tired... it's two o'clock in the afternoon but it feels like three o'clock in the morning." I Said as I palmed my face.  "Yeah, school literally drains the energy right out of me."Brenda said. "Tell me about it." I said. "I get home and all I wanna do is nap or go to sleep." Brenda said. "Same thing."Derrick responded. "Well, I'm tired. Brenda you can meet me at our apartment." He added as he walked away slouching. "I just admire that word, "our" I love it!" Brenda said. "You moved in?" I asked her. She nodded her head. "Congrats!" I Said. "So...?" Brenda said. "What?" "So... is he nice to you? Have he been treating you with respect?" "Yeah, don't worry." I Said. "He gave me breakfast in bed this morning, of course he's respectful." I giggled a little. "Eww T.M.I." Brenda said holding her stomach. "What do you mean?" She raised one eyebrow. "I'm talking about food, Brenda, for crying out loud!" "Oh." She looked shocked. We both laughed. "He does give lip candy though." I Said. "Again, TMI!" "Well, I'm gonna go study some Science in the library. I'll talk to you later." "I have a question! Do you, like, live with him now or something? You're never at your house." She asked. "I wish I lived with him, that would be a dream for me." I Said. I started fantasizing about him. "Ok lovebird, talk to you soon, bye." Brenda said. "You should go home, you look tired." She said before walking away. I rolled my eyes. Three hours and twenty minutes later.  (In the library.)
-Mr.Wilson's POV-
"Where did I get this book from? It was due Monday... there! Oh shoot, is- is that Sarah?"
-Sarah's POV.-
I passed out with my head in my arms at a library table."
-Mr.Wilson's POV-
"Aw, She fell asleep. Well, can't just leave her here. The schools about to close.
-Sarah's POV-
I felt a strong pair of arms pick me up gently out of the chair, my legs were wrapped around their waist my arms around their shoulders, and my head on their chest. One of their hands carrying me up by my waist so I don't fall. I felt like I was getting carried downstairs considering the closest elevator near us never works. I think we're going away from the main exit, I opened my eyes for a second, we were near the exit closest to the music room. I then knew exactly who it was. I can recognize the cologne scent. The arms gently let go of me down in the back seat of a car. He fixed my hair, kissed me on the temple then fixed my hair again. I feel like he's staring. He then shut the door behind me, sat down, buckled up adjusted his mirrors and started the car.  This better be who I think it is.
-Cane's POV
"Try to drive smoothly, Cane" I took a deep breath and started to drive. "Where's her house? She needs to get to bed. Shoot! I forgot where her house is!" "..." "I guess I'll take her home..."

CHAPTER SONG: