PART ONE•CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Wait, WHAT?, Christmas Eve Part One.

ZACK'S POV
I shove my way out of the group of police officers that noticed I escaped from my jail cell, I punch them and kick them until there's none left and they're all laying on the floor, I wipe the blood from my nose and grab one of their guns and point it at them. I giggle as I escape. Yes! I'm free! I think in my head. I get a change of clothes so people can't tell I've just escaped from jail, I take a morning stroll.
SARAH'S POV
Someone's calling me, who can it be? I wonder to myself. I pickup and I hear Dirk's voice. "DIRK?" "I'm sorry-." "You don't get to apologize for what you did, where the hell have you've been? I miss you, we were like perfect, Dirk." "Sarah, I know I fucked up, but I know, we were perfect, In the eight years I've known you, I've been carrying the engagement ring with me for the last past six years. At two years I've known you I've known that you are the one, and that's why I've called." "Dirk i-." "I'm standing outside your house, and I was in Florida because aunt Nance got hit by a truck and passed away months ago, I've been sad ever since..." "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I need to be with the girl of my dreams right now... before it's too late. Now I have something to ask you, it's important, please come outside..." "This is probably going to be the hardest decision I'll ever make. Growing up, Dirk was my first love, my childhood sweetheart, he is a brother almost. Only one day, everything changed. We started being a real couple and dating. Sure we had some small fights, but at the end of the arguments we would always make up." Dirk was the longest relationship I've ever had, he took things nice and slow between us, we got closer and closer each day that passed. He took my virginity, was my first kiss, and by far the longest relationship I've ever had... we thought we would last, we hung out every day, but then one day there was an emergency, and Dirk had to go. I thought I would never see him again, my heart was broken and I felt numb from head to toe. I became a total nervous wreck ever since that day, I never felt the same about anyone...I haven't seen Dirk since then. I thought I would be single forever. Me and Dirk practically lived together, he was my childhood sweetheart. We slowly drifted apart then, soon I stopped the FaceTime calls and the social media, he became distant. Even though we both loved each other so much, you can't even label it with a number how much we loved each other. Now all of a sudden, just like that, he's back into my life. I can't express the pain I'm feeling in words. Seems like all god had to do was snap his fingers and poof! Just like that, he's back into my life like nothing happened.. so this is gonna be a tough decision. I open the door and there he was, kneeling on one knee onto the stoop with a red velvet case. "I'm right in the spot we met Eight and a half years ago for a reason. Sarah Rose Parker, will you marry me?" Dirk's blue eyes lit up as he flashed me with a beautiful diamond ring." "FUCK" I screamed in my head. "Dirk... I'm gonna try to say this nicely, because I do love you, I really do... Dirk, as much as I would like to say yes, the answer, it's no." I say awkwardly. "I came here to see the woman I love , all that plane food and popped-ears, it was for nothing? And you know I hate plane rides..." I frown. "It's not like I don't love you Dirk, it just wasn't the appropriate time to be asking. I mean, you were gone for two years... who knows what you were doing that you were too busy to at least call me?" "You think I have time for another woman? I don't, I'm a model, I barely have any free time on my hands, you're the only one I love, the only one I wanna be with." Dirk said. "Except I haven't seen you for two years so I would like the chance, to trust you, I don't know what you're like now... It's just that it's been so long..." I said. "I know, I understand...I don't blame you...it's been two years, get married? Like what???? You're the one I'd like to settle down with, so whenever you're ready I am..." "Ok, but you're a little late, I'm in a relationship at the moment... but that doesn't mean my answers definitely no...some time would be good right now to be single for me at the moment, I'm going through some stuff... for god sake, he was dating my mother..." I said. Dirk cracks up. "What if he's your dad?" Dirk asked jokingly. "Uh...ew then... I hope not..." "who is your dad then? Cause I never met him..." Dirk Said. "No clue..." "so there's still a chance that he can be your dad, dated your mother and you." Dirk says."Aha ha, I don't think so..." I said. He's actually getting me nervous now... "Alright, lets go on an adventure and find your dad!" Dirk said. "Or we can do it the easy way." I Said as I grabbed my phone and called my mom. "Hey! Erm, mom... Is Cane my dad?" I asked my mom."
"I don't think so... then again, I don't keep track with the men I sleep with..." my mom said "what a great answer." I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes. "MOM!!!." I said into my phone. "So is he?" I asked. "No I was just kidding, your dad is in California... working as a successful businessman..." my mom said. "Ok, me and Dirk are going to the first flight to California, leaving first thing Friday morning to find him." "Great, I can care less..." my mom said. "Pfffft, thanks..." I Said. "I was kidding, sweetheart..." "Yeah, hopefully you were because these jokes...aren't funny...I'm not laughing...at all..." "Ok sorry about that, I'll try to be funnier...so are you the two figures standing outside near the stoop? I can't see, I left my glasses in the bar... Get it? Because you drink out of glasses at the bar? Ha HA! That was pathetic... sorry for wasting your time." "Mhm... well, me and Dirk are gonna get some coffee, who's the creepy woman playing with the curtain?" I asked my mom. "Real nice." She said sarcastically. "Love ya, ok? Be home in a few..." I Said. "Kisses!" My mom said. I hung up the phone, god, she's one piece of work... "Apparently my father is in California." "I heard." Dirk said "ok." "I missed you sweets." Dirk said. That made me cringe a little... "I'm just happy we're on the same part of the world." Dirk said. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." He pulled me into a tight hug and kissed me on the far head. "It's Christmas Eve by the way... and still, nothing changed, the only present I want is you. I'm happy with you..." Dirk said. "I can say the same...now let's get that coffee!" I Said. We enter the coffee shop and got bored so we started playing truth or dare when we're on the coffee line. "Truth or dare?" Dirk asked. "Truth." I Said. "How do you feel when you see a teacher outside of school?" A lump forms in my throat as I suddenly struggle to swallow. I'm shocked as I watch Cane, Mrs.Fork, Mr.Alexander, and The college principal, Mr.D, all drinking pumpkin lattes at one table. I can swear my heart just stopped in my chest, as I look down to the floor. "Irony is what's wrong!" "Uh-oh..." Dirk said biting on his top lip.

CANE'S POV
"See you guys later, GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!! I stubbed my toe." Ms.F said, maybe she shouldn't wear shoes like that, she doesn't even have nice feet... "Hottie alert, aw... she's with someone." Mr.D said. I swear someone needs to fire his ass... I turn my head to see who he was talking about. It's SARAH why am I not surprised? "She is?"
DIRK'S POV
"Hide me." Sarah whispered in my ear. I move in front of her, blocking her face from the middle aged man sitting across the room. "I'll be in the bathroom." Sarah says, running away. I hope the teacher she is currently dating isn't in here, that would be awkward later on and would suck for both of them... Damnit, no wonder she's scared and went into the bathroom, they're like freakin hungry wolves, drooling over her...SHOO, SHOO BAD SIT ROLE OVER. Annnnnnd I totally lost my train of thought, good job Dirk, good job! I'm gonna look away now, this guy is giving me a dirty look. Damn... I feel so bad for her.

CANE'S POV
I squint at that guy with my arms crossed the one who has bleach blonde hair who was with Sarah, who does he think he is?
I hear Mr.D ask Mr.A "What is Will doing?" I continue to squint at the blondie across the room, I take the toothpick out of my mouth and head over to him, and I don't care if I look stupid, who is this guy? And why did he walk in with Sarah? The nerve this guy has... "Listen man, did I do something?" Blondie asks me awkwardly. Mr.Alexander,looking curious, "what is he doing?" He asks another professor. "I'll catch up with you guys later, ok?." I Said. "Ok." Mr.A Said as the two walk out of the room. Blondie is sitting at a table by himself. I get a chair and sit on it backwards facing him. Now it's just the two of us... "Yes you did do something, and yes now we have a problem. " I Said to him. The guy opens his mouth to talk but I interrupt. "Now you listen to me, and you listen to me very carefully, I hope you're not trying to become her boyfriend, because that spots taken."
"Oh, trying? Oh you've seen nothing yet, I'm just getting started big boy, now I don't want trouble." The blonde guy said, patting me on the shoulder. "Now, are you the guy she told me about? The perfect music professor? If so, you better watch out... I don't throw punches physically, I throw them mentally, I'm gonna sneak up on you when you least expect it, and before you know it I'm getting you right in the gut, and you're down on your knees for good my friend, and this won't be pretty. I was her first kiss AND I took her virginity, just saying. Good luck beating that, I use words, that's all it takes." The blonde guy said to me. "Two can play at that game..."
I said. "You're on." He said. "So be it..." I said. "Let the games begin." He said. "You really have to have the last word don't you? Well before I let you, I'm just telling you this now so you don't have to learn the hard way in life..." I Said. "I'm listening." He said "Look, I don't know who the hell you think you are, but know this, Sarah trusts me more, she may know you more, maybe have grown up with you, as a kid, whatever, but she trusts me more, and you don't spend enough time with her to be the person she trusts the most, there's no way, because IF so, we would have met already,
BUT I never heard of you, not once. So good luck trying...I'll give that to ya!" I Said. "Aight." The guy said with a smirk. I raise one eyebrow. "You think this is funny, that's the funny part." I said. "Yeah ok," The guy says. "Nice talk we had." I said. "Mhmm, indeed. I'm Dirk, by the way." The guy said. I nodded my head while I furrowed my brow, got up, and left. Sarah loves me and I have nothing to worry about.
DIRK'S POV
I wish I can watch the film of these security cameras, put it in a disc, get some popcorn, call it a movie, because that was intense. That guy's breath was so minty it was weird. The mint burnt my eyes. Shit, he almost got me, I almost ran out of things to say, well played, old man, well played... He's gone though, that's good, he is good looking though, I'll give him that. Who does he think he is? I can't tell Sarah this, it'll break her heart to know she's being fought over... I'll write it down though, it was such a long talk, yet I remember every word. "They're gone, Sarah! You can come out now." I said, knocking on the public bathroom door. "What happened?" She asks. Sweet sweet Sarah, if only I can tell you... "Nothing." I Said "Ok..." she said. Damn though... that professor guy really loves her...

CHAPTER SONG: