PART ONE•CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

The football game

At the football field Zack  just scored. ANNOUNCER: TOUCHDOWN! And Zachary  strikes again! By winning the game by twenty four more points than the pythons! Good job Lions! That's it for today folks!
"Great job Zachary!" I said. "Thank you, thank you." Zack said. "Do you guys want to go shopping at the mall?" Brenda asked. "Oh I can't, sorry. I have to pick up groceries." I answered."we can do that!" Brenda said with excitement. Zack shrugged. "Sure lets go." "Oh yeah, today's Friday, yes!" "This is the place," I said. "I'll get the coldcuts and the dairy." Zack said. "I'll get the cosmetics." Brenda said. "I'll get the other stuff I guess." I added." This will be our meeting place, near the fruit." I said. I looked at the magazines and glanced at the latest version. "Miley Cyrus twerks on Robin Thicke? What else is new? She's Miley! She twerks! Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber back together? What? No! They can't! I feel bad for Selena. Oh there it is! Shoot, I can't reach it." I went onto my tip toes, I jumped and stretched as much as I can but I still can't reach it. It was on the top shelf. Then I paused and froze. I heard a familiar voice. "Trying to reach this?" They said. I turned around to see a familiar face. "Y-yeah, thank you." I Said. I looked up then I saw him. "Erm. Thank you." I said awkwardly. Brenda started to walk up to me and then stopped herself when she saw me talking to him. Then she walked away. "You seem surprised to see me." He said. I blushed, he makes me want connections with him i usually wouldn't ever think of. "I didn't know you shopped here." He added on as a smirk crept onto his face. "I do, I'm here a lot. Small world." I said. "Cool, you shop alone? It's not safe shopping alone." He said. I get closer to him, "You're shopping alone." He answered me, "because I'm twenty years older than you." "And the parent talk begins." "I'm here with two friends don't worry Cane. Thanks for caring though, I really appreciate it." I said. "Anytime, Sarah." He smiled. Brenda was watching us from the corner of the store, she looks like she's going to be sick watching me and Cane flirt with each other. "Listen about earlier, I got carried away and" I cut him off as he was talking and said, "we should hang out more." "Ok." He said surprised as he blushed. "Listen I have to go, my friends are probably worried, talk to you soon." "Nice seeing you here." He said. "Bye." I Said with a sexy smile. I walked over to the meeting place near the fruit, Brenda shot me a death stare that made me feel like she wanted to shoot me a billion times. "Hey." She said. Want to have a sleepover tonight? Just two girls chatting about some things. "Sure." I Said. "Great." Brenda said. Zack started to speak, "anyway, I'll drive you guys to Sarah's place." "What's wrong with you people? We have to pay first." I said. "Excuse me..." Zack said. Brenda quoted me and gave me a dirty look. "You people?" I quickly changed the subject."Let's,uh, go on line." I was laughing at one of Zack's jokes then I turned around to see if anyone was behind us, it was just Cane. Wait! Cane? Then I turned around again to face him. He smiled. "I'm only here because it's the shortest line, don't worry." He chuckled. This can't be happening. Zack stared plainly right at me. "What?" Zack asked. "Oh! Nothing!" Brenda said. "Ok?" Zack said. "Sarah can you help me get the water bott-" Zack asked as Brenda cut him off. "I'll do it!" She said. "Aight, I'll bag" Zack said. "Yeah, you do that." Brenda said. Zack sounded confused as he added on, "um, ok?" "Do you need help with the water bottles?" Cane asked. "No, thanks though." I answered. "Mhm."  " I actually did need help with the water bottles, I'm on my damn period! But if Zack caught me talking to another guy he would kill him." Brenda was just sitting there with her arms crossed. She looked annoyed. Zachary added on " I think that's all. Oh, hi Mr.W!" Brenda was shocked Zack said anything. I'm doomed. This can't be good. Especially considering I'm standing right in between them both! I took a deep breath. "Hey! Zack, what's new?" Cane asked. "Not much I was wondering if I can get my trumpet repaired, do you know anything about trumpets?" Zack asked. "I certainly do, after all, I am a music teacher. Glad you asked. I'll tell you what, I'll make room in my calendar to repair your trumpet." Cane said. "Great, oh, wait. I'm moving very soon though...I don't know what to do." Zack said. "You can always ask your next music teacher." Cane answered. "Ok, great idea." Said Zack. Do you need help with your stuff? Zack asked. We can carry it out to your car, we parked right next to you." "I'm actually almost finished either way." We're all walking out together apparently. "Ok." Said Zack. We all walked out of the store together in a group. "Nice car Mr.W." I Said. "Thanks hon-." Brenda cut Cane off , "I think we should get going." "All my groceries are packed into the trunk already, so call me when you get home." Cane said whispered. I winked at him. And luckily Zack wasn't looking because Cane just kissed me on my lips. Brenda looks shocked. The car ride was awkward,Brenda had her eyes on me the whole time. "Wanna get something to eat first ? or anything?" I innocently asked. "Sur-" Zack said, then Brenda cut him off. "No! Drive!" She yelled. "Um, ok?" Zack added. The whole car ride was silent. I'm scared when Brenda gets mad. Not someone to piss off. Hopefully it's just excitement and curiosity, hopefully she doesn't yell at me. I can take care of myself, me and Cane is my business, not hers. we got out of the car Zack said, "bye!" And left.

CHAPTER SONG: