PART ONE•CHAPTER FIVE

Saying goodbye.

Brenda started to speak with her arms crossed and her eyebrows raised. "So, you're into older men I see. What are you gonna tell Zachary? Tomorrow's anniversary." I got scared and made a terrified face. "Mhmm, that's what I thought you're reaction would be." She added on. She continued to babble. "No, seriously though, what are you going to tell Zack?" "As long as you don't say anything, I'll be fine." "Fine? What are you gonna do one day when poor Zachary over here who loves you dearly, with all his heart so he decides to visit you because he misses you and wants to see you? And then walks in on you and Mr.Wilson, the music teacher, fucking!" She noticed how I started to frown as she apologized, "Sorry." Then she frowned. "On the bright side, it's also a very hot situation to be in, I mean look at you, you got two boys who love you." She said. I answered. "Thanks...I guess? I wouldn't say Mr.Wilson LOVES me, it's too early to tell. I only met him the other day Brenda." "So what's the catch?" She answered. I made a confused face. She added on, "who are you going to choose?" I started to scream at the top of my lungs, into a pillow. "choose? Nobody said anything about choosing!" "You can't be with both of them, they're human beings too!" She added on. I sighed, because I know she's right when she said that. "I heard you guys talking in the grocery store. You guys seem pretty tight." Brenda added. "I'm just gonna let time flow. You know? Whatever happens happens." She answered, "You're kidding. Right? Did you forget that Zack is my friend? Oviously I'm not gonna let you hide this from him. It's not right." I was awkward for a moment. Then she added on, "Nope, you're serious? Ok. I'll help you decide what you'll wear on you and Zacks anniversary. Here, try these." I tried on a blue and white dress with brown leather boots. "What are you a cowboy?" She said. Then I tried on a blue dress with black polka dots and a leather jacket."I feel like you wore that recent, uh-ah nope!" She commented. Talking to Brenda really made me realize I'm in a bad situation. Me and Zack are cool but Cane is so hot!!!! Then I tried on a navy blue dress with black lace. "Nnnnnn-o." She said. Then I tried on a red dress with a gold belt. "Mmmmmmmm no." She mmbled. Then I tried on a black dress with a black leather pocketbook. "Who died?" She sighed. Then I tried on s really long sparkled white dress "who are you going out with? The president?" I rolled my eyes then I tried on a pink dress with a black leather belt and a gold necklace and some pink lipstick. "This looks like what I wore on my first date." I Said. "Gorgeous." Brenda answered. I hung it up on a hanger on my doorknob. "Wanna watch a horror movie?" I asked. "Yas!" Brenda said. "Honestly, her English teacher must love her."
(An hour later)
That was a good movie." I said as I yawned. "So, is mr.Wilson hot? Did he make a move yet?" She asked me. "He's the one who gave me lessons." I answered her. "No way! That mr.Wilson? He's super hot! And there's no way he's a day over thirty!" "He's forty, and I'm twenty." "Ew" Brenda said as she started to crack up. "You still didn't answer my question did he make a move?" She asked. "Erm, yes. He winked at me, hugged me, and kissed me on the neck. We had our first date. He also caught me, I almost fell." "From three feet off the ground?" She started to laugh again. "Hey! Take it easy, I was wearing heels." I blushed. She noticed. "Hey, gal, you're blushing! Oh my, you must really like him!" She said as she got full of excitement. "Priceless, and the neck? You guys had a first date? How did it go? He so likes you!" She giggled. I nodded "What ever happened to you and Zayne Smith.?" She asked. A shiver got sent through my spine when she said that man's name. "I don't like to talk about him." " Fine, I'm just so excited, this is so hot for you! That's hot, you should date that music guy after Zack moves to Florida." "I just might." I Said. "you never know, you two can have something and hit it off." She said as she smirked at me. "What's his full name?" "Cane Wilson. It is." I added on. "..." Brenda was silent. "Aight." She said. Then I became silent. "..." we both yawned, then my phone rang. "Hold on, it's Zack. I'm good thanks. How are you? Good. See you tomorrow. Bye." "Is she really asleep already? On the ground no less? Ok. Oh, it's 3:30am...I guess I'll go to bed, enough excitement for one day." Before I knew it it was already morning, I opened my eyes to the orange sun, I took a morning Breath, the air was cold and crisp, the house smells like someone had just lit a pumpkin scented candle. I shut my eyes, just for one more minute. "Girl get up and get dressed!" Brenda screamed into my ear. I got ready. "Done!" I said. Brenda smiled at me. "He's in the front." She said. "Before I leave I forgot to tell you, Cane gave me his phone number, by writing it down." I Said. "Cool." Brenda said carelessly. I opened my door to Zack. "You look beautiful." He said. "And you look handsome." "I missed you." He said as he started to drive. 15 minutes later I asked, "Are we there yet?" "Nope, it depends considering I'm taking you to five different places." He said. I smiled, now I'm really excited. Five minutes later the car came to a complete stop. I jumped out and felt the grass on my shoes. "Wow!" I Said. "Isn't it amazing?" He asked me. "The view is outstanding!" "Yep" He said as he crept his arm around my waist. We just glared at the view for a while. There were snow capped mountains in the distance. After that he took me to a park with a bunch of roses on the sides of a tiled path. "Let me take you for a snack." He took me to a frozen yogurt place. "I love frozen yogurt." I said. The place was right near a beach not too far away that we drove to. The sunset was beautiful. "Hey, sorry that this went fast, the plane leaves at nine o'clock." He said as his smile quickened to turn upside down. I frowned. "It's fine, really, it is. I'm gonna miss you Zack." "I'll miss you too." He kissed my lips. "Remember to keep in touch ok?" He said. We drove to the airport with watery tears in our eyes. As soon as we got inside. "Goodbye,Sarah." He said as he wiped a dripping tear off my cheek. He kissed my lips one last time then walked away silently. Once I turned around my eyes clouded up. And what feels like gallons of tears have poured down my cheeks. I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be though. I'm gonna miss Zack, a lot. He was always there for me, well...not that much, he wasn't the best boyfriend, but I'm still going to miss him a lot. I thought long and hard about my decision and decided what I'm gonna do and went to sleep.

(The next day)

Phone:buzz buzz. You have one new message, 8:36am Cane: "Good morning sunshine, hey wanna come to my place? If so what time? Or get coffee or something? If so text me back ;)" "hmm" I mumbled. "Hey it's Sarah, of course, I'd love to. Is nine o'clock okay for you?" "Perfect." "Great, can't wait." "Bye, love." He said. Five minutes later he rang the doorbell I looked in the mirror as I put red lipstick on. Then I got the door. "Hey baby." He said. "Hey." I blushed. "Are you ready?" "I was born ready, ready is my middle name." I said as I flirtatiously winked at him. I kissed him on his lips for a minute. "Ladies first." He said as he opened the car door for me. He said that a whole lot I guess. "Where are we going?" "My place." He winked at me. I felt my face turning red. I'm not sure I'm taking these signs right but if we are doing what I think we're doing...I'll go with it. I can't hide my attraction to him forever.  "Now I know I said last time we were on a date that we would go to my place and ended up going to a restaurant but this time we're going to my house." "Sweet." "We're almost there." "I'm looking forward to this." I said. "We're gonna have a lot of fun, you're going to enjoy this.   We're here." He said. I'm nervous, what if  I'm making the wrong decision?   "..."

CHAPTER SONG: