PART TWO•CHAPTER SEVEN

I was reading a romance novel when I felt someone's warm strong hands rest onto my shoulders as his face rested near my neck.
"Watcha reading?" I hear his smooth voice in my ear. "Beautiful disaster by Jamie McGuire" I said. "Any good?" The smooth voice asked. As they ran their fingers through my hair. "It's a romance novel, of course." "Hm, ok." The voice said. I headed towards his office, I knew exactly what he wanted from me, either attention or sex. It doesn't matter to me either way though, I love him so much. Damn Cane, what are you doing to me!? considering how much I enjoy his company. He sat in his chair, all the other office chairs were empty but I sat on his lap instead. He chuckled to himself. "Sar-." Before he can finish what he was saying, I grabbed him by his face and kissed him on the lips for a while, I noticed he wasn't really kissing back, I paused for a moment, but then he started to kiss me , and put his hands on my waist. Then he snapped out of it and pushed me away from his lips as fragile as possible with his hand. His smirk turned into a hopeless look. "You see, this is what I mean. What are we Sarah? What are you doing to me? What are you doing in my office? What am I to you?" Cane asked. I gently stroke his jaw. DAMN that came out of nowhere..."I don't know but it's torture knowing I can't be with you." I said. He kissed my head and ran his fingers through my hair. We cuddle for a while. He inhales deeply. Was he smelling my hair? What is it with men and smelling hair? We shut our eyes and continue to snuggle, just sitting there with his arms wrapped around me. Like I was his fragile little flower. "You drive me crazy, Sarah..." He rubs my back which makes me almost fall asleep. He softly wipes a tear from my eye. I start to sob in his shoulder. He holds me close to his chest. I run my fingers through his hair and he kisses me on the forehead. "I love you and I don't want to lose you, I want to be able to be with you. Without people judging." I said. "I know, I know. I love you too." He said. He lifted my chin up and I softly kiss him on his lips. He holds my face so gentle that I focus on the kiss more. I turn it into a more passionate kiss so it's not awkward. I wrapped my hands on the back of his neck so his lips stay on mine for a while more. He was crying also. I could see the tears he is trying to hide. Then a janitor came into the room to us practically eating each other's faces. He held me so tight, so close to his chest I can hear his heartbeat. "Do yourself a favor and knock next time Jer." Cane said. It's my fault. I didn't lock the door. "Twenty bucks says this never happened." Cane said to the janitor. The janitor nods and leaves, shutting the door behind him. I recklessly cleaned off his desk with my heel. Pushed him onto the table and forced him on me. He runs his fingers through my hair and picks me up and I delicately wrap my legs around his waist. Then I continuously press my lips against his. I take a moment just to stare into his eyes...I let him corner me and he pushed me up against the wall. I unbutton my shirt. I've then just realized how fast everything has happened between us, yet it didn't make a difference of how much we passionately love each other. He broke the moist kiss once again. He buttoned my shirt and made eye contact with me. "Why are you keep doing that? Is there something you have to say? Do you love someone else?" I asked. My mascara drips as tears come pouring down my cheeks. I took some steps towards the door. "No Sarah, it's not like that, come on now." Cane said. "I'm sorry for that. I miss us. That's all. I wish you'd understand how much I miss you and wish I can wake up next to you everyday..." I said calmly. His hand reached out and pulled me closer towards his well-built structured body. He's so strong under that suit and tie. We looked into each others eyes and sat there holding each other for a while. We hear someone kick open the office door. "I HAVE A GUN! NOBODY MOVE!" It's Zayne. He points the gun at me. "Don't hurt her, Hurt me instead!" Cane said. "Works either way, you guys are nothing without each other. It's pathetic!" Zayne said. BANG! Zayne shot Cane. "No!" I screamed. I chase after him. It's a gloomy day, pouring out. "YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" Zayne gets in his car and gets away.
He just killed the love of my life. I saw bright lights, then realized I was in the middle of a busy street. BAM! Zayne hit me with his car.
I guess he escaped from the police...

Doctor #1: We're losing her!
Doctor #2: Clear!
Doctor #2: CLEAR
Doctor#2: CLEAR!!!

Brenda's POV
"Any news?"
Doctor#1: Well, do you want the good news or bad news?
"Good" I said.
Doctor#1: You know, at this hospital we believe anything is possible. We keep our heads up high. We always believe there's always a miracle that can happen and that miracle can save someone's life. We believe there's a 1 out of 1000 chance someone can wake up from death and we suggest to wait a little, maybe out of the ordinary something will happen that would definitely amaze even myself. There is always a chance and we would like to give Sarah that chance. If that's okay with you and whoever her guardians are."

Cane's POV
They pulled the bullet out of me and I survived, I just have a nasty scar...
"The bad news?" I asked,
Doctor#1: "the bad news is that we strongly suggest you start calling her family up and break the news to them that she most likely will not wake up. She's in a coma and I'm afraid we'll have to wait. Or are you her d-." "I'm Sarah's boyfriend." I said to the doctor, cutting him off. Doctor#1:"Oh." "Can you summarize all that?" I asked. Doctor#1: she's in a coma and most likely not going to wake up. We did all we could. Tears started streaming from my eyes but I knew I had to call Sarah's family...

"Hey,John." I Said into my phone.
"Why are you calling me, do you seriously think I want to talk to you right now? Especially considering you dated both my wife and daughter!" He said.
"Listen, it's important." I said.
"Don't tell me what's important! What was important was our friendship, how we promised never to let any girl come in between us, and how we were going to be bests of friend forever!" John said. "I don't have time to talk about this! This is important!" I said. "What? What can possibly be this important?" John asked. "It's Sarah. Something happened today." I said. "Oh no, don't tell me!" He said. "She got hit by a speeding car pretty hard and-." "WHAT? I'll be there!" He said. I walk into the room. She looks as pale as a ghost. Doctor#2: we'll give you some alone time with her, we're closing in an hour and you guys can check on her tomorrow." I cry and a tear drops onto her as I kiss her lips. "I'll always love you. You'll always be in my heart. You are irreplaceable and u will never forget about you...baby please come back... I need you..." I said sobbing. I held her hand and I kiss her on the lips one last time for goodbye. "You're perfect, and irreplaceable. I love you with all my heart. I will wait for you, until we meet again." I whispered in her ear. I sob a little more and I take a deep breath walking away from the hospital bed and I go back into the waiting room. Praying she'll wake up. I sob more and close my eyes not accepting the fact that she is probably dead. Although getting shot with a bullet hurt. I would take a bullet for Sarah any day. I don't wanna live life without my Sarah.

Chapter song: