Part 34

Everybody raised a toast for the addition of a new member. Maria congratulated Natasha and was already fantasizing about the shopping they would do for the baby. Sam hugged Steve and joked about a pay raise. They had drinks and Mrs.Banks handed Natasha a glass of lemonade.

"No drinks for mommy to be," Mrs.Banks said, " You will eat and drink what I tell you".

Natasha nodded and smiled. The lemonade did ease her nausea.

Later, Steve lay beside Natasha, caressing her belly.

"If I hadn't already, I would have brought you in this room now for sure," he said. Natasha smiled, and he kissed her brow.

"I will reduce my workload, take more offs and be with you as much as I can during this journey. I can't share what you will go through, but I would stick around to experience it" he told her.

"Steve, I am sorry for what" she tried to say, but he silenced her with his finger on her lips.

"No, baby. I understand you had your mood swings. You are having a baby, I know how it would be now" he said.

She nodded and placed her head on his chest. He pat her arm until she fell asleep.

The next morning, Steve got the breakfast upstairs for her, and they sat together, with him feeding her.

"We'll visit the doctor. I called the hospital and they scheduled an appointment at 2:00 pm. The nurse would arrive soon to collect your blood samples for all the tests necessary" he told her.

"Steve, this is just, thank you" she was overwhelmed.

"Thanks? For what? I should be thanking you, my beautiful wife" he cupped her cheek, " Oops, don't get too emotional, baby " he wiped her tear.

"These are happy tears," she said with a laugh.

"Oh God, need to learn how to differentiate between the two," he said. She laughed more. And he gave her a glass of milk.

"No, I don't feel like drinking milk. The smell is too nauseating" she said.

"Then what do you want?" He asked.

"Orange juice," she said.

"Your wish is everybody's command here," he said and called Mrs.Banks to prepare some fresh orange juice for her.

"I'm fine, you can go now," Natasha said after she was done eating.

"I'll leave after the nurse takes your samples," he said, " she should have been here by now".

"Steve! It's just blood sampling, I am not a child" she said.

"It's needles and scary stuff and you are my wife and you are an adult but my baby is so small, so small, he needs daddy to be there for him, or her, oh gosh" he blabbered.

Natasha smiled, " okay daddy, stay for your baby".

He got close to her and kissed her, "Are you trying to be dirty?"

"Well, pregnancy comes with hormones and hormones arouse" she teased, licking her lips.

He kissed her deeply, exploring her wonderful mouth. They kept kissing until she was breathless.

"Sorry" he was concerned again and she hit his shoulder.

"The nurse is here, sir" a maid informed them and they headed downstairs for the sampling.

______

Steve dropped her back home after their visit to the doctor. The confirmation of pregnancy made him even happier, and she was far enough to have an ultrasound done. Steve was too happy and already a proud daddy. Natasha was adoring him and their baby.

"I'll be back soon," he said, kissing her forehead. She gave him a soft smile and Maria escorted her in.

When she was back inside their room, she checked her phone to find a lot of text messages from Clark. She sighed, this needed closure and she decided to call him.

"Natasha!!" He was almost breathless, " Are you alright? I have been texting you for so long, where have you been? Did Steve hurt you?".

"Clark, I am fine. I want to meet you" she said.

"Okay, where? And when?" He was desperate. She told him to meet by the cafe.

"Please, don't let Steve know," she told Maria as they headed out, " he would freak out for no reason".

Maria agreed and took her to the cafe. Clark was already there.

"Nat!! Are you okay?" He grabbed her arms, " look, I am sorry for what happened yesterday, I was angry and I acted out of it."

"I am fine, better than ever," Natasha said, moving out of his hold, "You, I am here to tell you something Clark".

Clark was confused but he listened.

"But before that, answer this, what is love?"

Clark was silent for a moment and then spoke in a low voice, " Love is, caring for someone above yourself, love is living for the happiness of somebody, selflessness, destruction of self for that person, love is madness, its, it's indescribable but the best feeling in the world".

"If that is love, then let me inform you Mr.Kent, that my husband, loves me like no one ever has." She said.

Clark's eyes widened at the words.

"He doesn't understand love, but he sure knows how to love. And he loves me, with his heart and soul. I don't need his words to feel the warmth of his love. Love is felt, expressed through actions and emotions, not by mere language. He makes me feel loved, loved in a way that I never was before. Cared for, blessed. And you know what, Clark? Even if he doesn't love me, it doesn't matter anymore because I love him" she took a deep breath, " And I..I am pregnant with his child. So please, stop fooling with yourself and, be the friend I expected you to be. Not a rival, or an obsessed stalker, but my genuine friend. I know he will protect me if you decided otherwise but I don't want you to be that. Be my friend, Clark. I appreciate it you do actually love me. But I am sorry, I love Steve, and I can only offer you my friendship. And I hope you know, friendship is a form of love too."

She moved forward and placed a kiss on his cheek, " I will await your answer. And please be genuine, no lies." She pat his cheek and walked away.

******
I'm so lazy to type these days and having such a creative block.
Anyways do give your reviews.