Part 32

Natasha arrived at the dance school a bit late. Clark was already there, waiting.

"Sorry, I had to see off Nadia" she said, throwing her bag down and pulling the coat off her shoulders.

"Its alright " Clark said.

"Thank you, again, for coming last night. But where did you disappear? " she asked, putting on her ballet shoes.

"We left early, I had some where else to go" Clark avoided eye contact with her.

"Oh! " she got up.

The music started, and she started dancing, mastering the steps.

After the dance, Clark came to sit by her side.

"There is dance competition, on national level, across the country. You'll join us, right? You are our best dancer" he said.

She smiled faintly, "Dancing is just a hobby. I don't want to participate in any competition. Earlier, maybe I would have tried but now.. I cannot do that, with his reputation "

"Reputation? Natasha?!! This is about you, not him. Do what you want. Not what he wants you to do" Clark was angry.

"He never. Oh God! Clark, you are getting it all wrong. He lets me do everything I want. I am deciding this on my own. He would let me do it, if I want.. But why should I? " she said.

"Stop lying, Nat" Clark stood up.

"Lying? Clark, what is it? Is it? I thought we are friends. Or are you trying to ruin his image? Is this all about your rivalry? " she yell.

He turned in anger and grabbed her arms, "It's not about rivalry!!! It's about envy! I envy that bastard because he has you. He found you before I could. Like he always does. He stole you, like everything else. And now for him, you are not even"

"Clark? What the hell are you talking about? " she was confused and angry.

"Why don't you leave him? " he yell.

"Why should I? Clark! Are you drunk? What the hell is wrong with you? " she asked.

"Do you love him? Does he love you? " he asked.

"He.. Clark!! He is my husband" she said.

"He doesn't. He never would. He doesn't even have time for you. You are just a pass time. Like those girls he slept with" he yell.

Natasha pushed him and slapped him hard.

"You have no right to bitch about my husband" she screamed.

"Husband! Hah" he laughed, "I can give you everything he gave you. Everything!! "

"Clark, are you drunk? We'll talk when you are sober" she pushed him but he caught her wrist and pulled her back into his arms.

"He doesn't love you" he said.

"He never promised me love" she pushed him yet again, "he gave me whatever he promised and more. I would have married him even if he didn't talk to me or made me a maid in his house because I was desperate for freedom. I was desperate to get better care for my family, I was desperate and he gave me much more then I ever expected. He is my husband, in every way possible. Love doesn't matter"

"Love does matter, Natasha" Clark said, "and you'll realize that, when you have love"

"Clark, what is with you? Just stop this nonsense" she said, "you are my friend. My very good friend. I don't want to loose it. Please, just stop this"

"You don't know him the way I do" he said, "He'll never love you, never!! Not like I do"

"What? "

He grabbed her arms again, and pulled her closer, "I love you, loved you ever since I saw you. I wish I met you before but, he took you, before I could. I hate him for that and for everything else. I love you, Nat. And you'll know how love is important when you see how much I love you"

Natasha had tears in her eyes now. He loosened his grip, and she walked away from him, grabbing her stuff.

Maria was already there to receive her, "I was getting impatient, what took you so long? "

"Nothing, its just.. There's a competition so.. Everybody is " Natasha tried to hide her nervousness.

"Competition? You aren't.. Obviously you can't.. You are a Rogers" Maria said.

"Not even if I really want to? " Natasha asked.

"Nat, are you crazy? You are the wife of a multi-billionaire. His reputation matters a lot. You can't just go and dance on screen for a few thousand dollars " she said.

"Yeah, of course " Natasha said.

She won't let Clark's stupid words get to her. She didn't care about any competition anyways. She was a loyal wife, and would always be.

They returned home, and she was grateful to see Steve's car. She rushed upstairs, and found him in his room.

"Steve!! " she hugged him.

"Hey? What's wrong? Is everything alright? " he asked, rubbing her back.

"Yes, I.. I just missed you" she lied.

He kissed her forehead, "I'll see you tonight. If you need anything, just call me. "

She nodded and let him go. But her heart was restless. This wouldn't be right. She should tell him about Clark and everything he said. He should know and she should be the one to tell him, to avoid any misunderstandings.

_____

Clark decided to play the next card. He would ruin their fake marriage and have his love all to himself.

He parked his car in front of Steve's and walked into the building.

"Hello, Steve" he said with a smirk.

*****
I'm so sorry for the very late update.
I just couldn't get myself to write.
And this chapter was so tough.
Anyways, the next chapter would hopefully come sooner.
Do give your reviews