Part 12

Natasha and Steve were returning home. The flight was quite for them, they didn't talk much, watching movies or reading. When they got into the car, some guy handed Steve some stuff and he started checking.

"Here, your cards, and bank account details, read and sign and then give them to Maria" he said as the car hot the road, handing the parcel to her.

"You are free to do whatever you want now. Shop, join dance classes, yoga, library, anything that pleases you. I won't be of any trouble to you anymore " he said.

"Steve, I am sorry" she said, "Please don't be angry with me"

He looked at her and cupped her cheek, "I am not angry, silly "

"So? You'll join me for dinner every night? " she asked.

"I will try to make most of those, and compensate if I don't " he said.

She smiled, "You are really not angry with me? "

"No, I am not. Why would I be? " he asked.

She sighed, "I.. I was behaving odd with you. I am really sorry. I had so many things bothering me, regarding our marriage and.. I am glad you told me the real reason. I am sorry to have judged you that way"

"Nat! " he said, caressing her cheek with adoration, she loved this little nickname from his mouth, "Look, I understand what would be going in your mind. The way it happened wasn't normal at all. So, stop worrying " said and leaned close to kiss her forehead.

She nodded. They reached home, and parted ways, going to their respective rooms.

She saw Steve, before she was heading back to her room from the kitchen, and she decided to wish him a good night.

"Hey, you are still awake? " he looked at her amused.

"Yeah, just about to . " she said and then stood on her tippy toes, putting her arm around his shoulder and planting a sweet kiss on his cheek, "Goodnight Steve" she said.

He looked at her in confusion, and another emotion that Natasha wanted to ignore.

"Goodnight, Nat" he said.

She left and entered her room, pulling the covers on her as she lay and closed her eyes, trying her best to calm her heart.

______

The next few days went by fast. Natasha went shopping, she spend two hours in a book shop, where Maria fell asleep on the little desk.

She got many books, fantasy, romance, sci-fic, historicals . She even came across a book with the title, 'Ways to please your husband' which she flushed at but pretended to ignore.

Next she went to get ballet shoes and decided to practice again.

At home she arranged her room according to her taste, adjusted some stuff in the living room, got introduced to all the staff, explored the whole mansion, decided to get some empty rooms cleaned, and chose one for her ballet practice.

She went through Steve's family albums, and could figure out easily how close he was to his grandpa.

Natasha also spend some tine in kitchen. Not cooking, but talking to Mrs. Banks, who told her she served the Rogers family since she was a little girl. How Steve was like her son, and how she knew what he likes and how she can make things he didn't like, likeable.

Natasha was amazed at the way she cooked and baked. She taught her some tricks that Natasha couldn't even think of. And suggested she make something for Steve some day to surprise him. Which made Natasha blush.

The rest of the time went in reading, and watching Netflix. She never had time for entertainment earlier and now she was so free. It was eating and watching TV or reading.

She didn't see Steve much. He left before she was awake, and he couldn't join her for dinner for two consecutive nights. The third day, she wasn't expecting him, but a knock on her door surprised her.

"Come in" she said, lying on the couch, with a bowl of popcorn as she watched a movie. She had asked Maria to send her dinner because it was stupid to wait for her husband.

"Hey, wife" his voice startled her. She sat up, crossing her legs, she wasn't expecting him in the least.

"Hey, long time no see.. Do we know each other? " she said, amazed at her own self.

He smirked and then walked towards her, sitting by her side, "I am sorry, I said I would compensate so.. " he took a box of chocolate out of his coat.

She took a piece, but didn't say a word. Why was she so angry that he didn't come to see her?

"You look beautiful" he said, caressing her cheeks.

She flushed but didn't give in.

"So, tomorrow is Friday.. I was thinking.. You said we should.. Visit my grandpa's grave" he said hesitantly.

Natasha took his hand, "Sure, of course .. We would" she said.

"One more thing" he said, "We need to choose a wedding photograph.. For the living room "

Natasha's mouth opened. She had stared at those pictures and they were all intimidating. The most beautiful and equally scary was the one where they kissed.

"Is it necessary to go up in the living room? " she asked.

"Well, no.. But.. I want our picture to be there.. Besides my grandparents " he said.

Natasha had seen the large portrait and she adored it. Their photograph was beautiful and they looked like a match made in heaven.

"None of our pictures matches that" she said.

"So we shall wait? " he asked.

"Maybe.. But we.. They look so much in love and.. We shouldn't.. Its too pure.. We don't deserve the honor " she said.

Steve nodded, "I was thinking of a wedding reception.. Saturday night. My friends.. Associates.. Business delegates.. Everyone wants to.. Its only fair"

"A grand reception you mean? Where I dress up as a doll and meet with your people? " she asked horrified.

"Yup " he said, "I wanted to avoid it but.. Everyone wants to meet you so"

She sighed, "okay"

He smiled and took her hand, kissing it gently, "Thank you.. I will compensate for the dinners I miss.. Promise"

She smiled, "Go to bed, Rogers. You are a busy man" she rolled her eyes.

"That I am.. Goodnight, Mrs. Rogers" he said.

"Good night" she said biting her lip and watching him leave.

******
They are adorable.
But the passion would start now soon.
Do give your reviews