Part 13

Natasha put on a decent black body con dress, short sleeves and a rectangular neck, but it hugged her curves so well. She tied her hair in a neat bun with some nude lipstick.

"Ready? " Steve asked, opening the door of her room and peeking in.

"Yeah" she said, turning to face him, rubbing her dress on her thighs to straighten it further.

He was in his typical suit, full black. And as always he looked sharp and handsome.

She walked to him and he led her lead, walking behind her.

The drive to the graveyard wasn't long but the silence was killing. Steve stopped at a flower shop and got some for the grave.

She was impressed by his chivalry when he opened the door for her and held his hand out for her to take. She placed her hand in his and stepped out.

He didn't let go of her hand, intertwining their fingers, as they walked towards the graves.

Steve sat down, placed the bouquets on both graves and they both said a silent prayer.

"Your wish is fulfilled grandpa" he said slowly, "I got married" he held her hand again.

Natasha rubbed his shoulder as he held back his tears. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and leaned his head to touch hers. She hugged his waist. And they stayed that way for a while.

His phone rang, and he had to move away from her, "Yeah, I'll be there" he said as he answered. Natasha wiped her eyes.

"Come, I'll drop you home" he said.

"I'll go by myself, if it's important you can go" she said.

"Nat, you are my responsibility. I brought you here, I shall drop you back" he said.

"Its alright, Steve. I have traveled alone all my life. " she said.

"That was before you were a Rogers. You are my wife, you cannot.. There are some protocols you need to follow. You travel with me or with Maria, never alone" they had reached the car and he opened the door for her.

His phone rang again, a she got in. She understood it was pointless to argue so she stayed silent. He drove back towards home.

"I hope your grandparents felt it. I hope they know.. You are not alone anymore " she said in a low voice.

"Alone? What do you mean? " Steve asked.

"Don't you see, Steve? Your grandpa didn't want you to be alone all your life.. Like your dad. He wanted you to have a family, someone to be at your side after they are gone" she said, "That's what it feels like. I always worried about this for my mom. Because clearly, they won't benefit from your marriage in any way. Its not about kids obviously because.. Your dad had you without a wife"

Steve was quiet for a moment, "I guess, I found the right partner then.. Who could understand my grandpa better then me, even when he is dead"

"Its not about that. When you care a lot for someone, the only thought you have is, what will happen if I leave? Who would take care of my loved one then? I know because I have been there" she sighed.

Steve didn't reply after that and stopped the car at their entrance.

"Take care, I'll see you at dinner" he said. She nodded and moved out of the car. And she noticed how he stayed there until she was safely inside the premises.

__________

She waited for him at night, now that she knew, she really didn't want him to be alone. He was so lonely and immersed in work that he forgot he had a life beyond that.

At 9, she heard a car pull into the driveway and she hurried downstairs. He was walking in, loosening his tie, looking very tired.

"Thank God, you are home. I'll ask Mrs. Banks to serve dinner. Freshen up" she said.

He smiled faintly at her and headed upstairs.

When he returned, the table was set and Natasha herself served him food.

"Nat, sit down.. They'll do it" he said, holding her hand.

"Its alright. How was your day? You look so tired" she said, taking her seat beside him.

"It was busy. But I took an off tomorrow because.. Its our reception" he said with a wink.

"Yeah" she said.

"Martin would send the dress first thing tomorrow. I can't wait to see you in it. And.. Everyone is so anxious to see you.. I hope you don't get scared" he said.

"I'll manage" she said.

She was silent then, eating until she noticed he was just staring at her. She got a little nervous.

"Are you up for a movie night? " he asked.

"What? " she was surprised and shocked, "what about.. You need rest.. You are so tired"

"Not so tired that I won't be able to sit through a movie. There's a home theatre system beside the study, if you are interested " he said.

"I am interested. Which movie? " she asked.

"You choose" he said, "Its your first movie in this house"

She laughed and then they finished dinner before heading up to the mini theatre.

_______

Steve and Natasha sat on the large couch, her legs were raised and lying flat on the couch. While he sat up straight.

She chose to watch a science fiction and Steve was actually tired but he wanted to make it up to her. She deserved more attention and care. This was one of the reasons he didn't want a partner. He just didn't have the time to spend with one.

He was having a hard time controlling his desires too. He had been celibate ever since he decided to get married, and now that he was, he had hots for his wife, whom he couldn't dare touch because of the distances.

The dress she wore in the morning, to the night gown she wore now. Everything seemed to arouse him. And he knew the reception would be torture.

When the movie ended, he glanced at her and found her fat asleep, hugging the little cushion. She looked so beautiful and peaceful.

He sighed and got up, carrying her in his arms to her bedroom. Her tiny body in his arms was heaven and hell for him. He wanted to carry her in his own room and get dirty with her. But she was his wife, and she wanted space.

He lay her down, pulled the covers, and then leaned closer to plant a kiss on her ripe lips. But he held back and instead kissed her forehead.

"We'll get there some day. I just hope I can control till then" he said, and then left.

********
I need more comments guys, even if the chapter is boring just let me know.
Anyways, third angle suggestions.
Bucky, Matt, Frank?
Someone else?
Do give your reviews.