Part 18

The following week, Natasha made a lot of trips to the hospital to see her mother, she stayed there, even when she wasn't allowed near her, and eventually when they cleared her, Natasha sat with her and talked to her, telling her about her new life. It didn't matter that she didn't understand much or most of the times, kept asking who she was and why she was telling her everything.

Steve visited too, when he left work, and then Natasha accompanied him back home. Their friendship grew, and over the week, they had no physical intimacy. She was troubled and he comforted her in every way he could.

Her mother was discharged on Friday, and Natasha accompanied her to the centre, where everyone assured her that they'll take the best care.

As they returned home, Natasha noticed Steve being hesitant.

"What's wrong? " she asked.

"I don't know, if I should ask you this" he said.

"Ask me" she said, folding her arms, " I want to know"

"I have to go to Vancouver, tomorrow. A two week long series of conferences and meetings. I.. I know you can't with your mother.. But. " he was worried and confused.

"Hey, I will come" she replied, " My mother is fine now, she has the perfect care. I am not worried about her. I'll come with you"

He gave her, a genuinely happy, smile.

"Are you sure? " he asked.

"Positive " she replied, "My mother is in safe hands, and besides, I have to fulfill my wife duties too"

"Natasha, its okay if" he started but she cut him mid sentence.

"Steve!! I said, I am coming " she said and he smiled more.

______

As usual, Sam and Maria accompanied Steve and Natasha.

"I have a little surprise" Steve said, as they headed towards the airport.

Natasha was shocked, when they came across a private plane, that was as big and had RC engraved on it.

"A private plane? " Natasha asked shocked.

"Yeah, I never needed it before, as I always traveled with just Sam.. But now that we are married, I decided it was for the best" he replied.

Natasha couldn't be happier. As they got inside, she was amazed at the luxuries.

Two luxuries seats by each side of the plane, after the galley, which had everything they could neat. Sam and Maria had their places near the cockpit with the crew, the front side was all for them.

"We have a bedroom at the back" Steve said, "You can relax after the plane takes off"

She sat down and buckled in, "This is heaven" she said.

"I have another small gift" he said, taking a small bag and handing it to her.

Curiously, she opened the carrier bag and pulled the thing out. Her eyes got wide with happiness and surprise.

A latest kindle reader sat at her lap.

"I thought carrying around so many books must be difficult so.. You can get as many books as you want and can read in normal light" he said.

"Oh, Steve" she sighed with appreciation, "You are so sweet"

"I thought you'll get bored in the hotel room so.. " he said

"I can't thank you enough " she said.

"You don't have to" he said, "you are my wife. I must take care of all your needs. "

She blushed and then stared out as the plane took flight.

_______

Steve let Natasha take rest, she offered to take turns but her assured her he was used to traveling and didn't mind staying where he was.

She took a nap, then read on her kindle device. After a while she changed into another set of clothes, and walked back to Steve.

They watched a movie together, and were served lunch and evening snacks. The pilot announced descent, and they took their seats again.

By the time they reached Vancouver, it was almost time for dinner. Steve took her to a nice and famous restaurant and then they went to their hotel.

"Sir, we are extremely sorry but at the last moment, your suite got a technical fault and we couldn't fix it in time. The air conditioning system is broken, it would take two days to fix. We are extremely sorry" the sweet receptionist apologized.

"Its alright, give us another simple suite" Steve said.

"I am again sorry, sir" she lowered her head, " All other suites are occupied. We have a room but.. "

Natasha could feel Steve almost losing his cool.

"There is no f*cking room for the owner of the goddamn chain of these hotels? Are you out of your mind? Looks like I need to replace all the staff!! " he slammed his fist on the counter and the little girl got scared, "Samuel!! "

Sam rushed to him, "What the hell is happening here? ! "

"Sorry sir, but it's not their fault. The air conditioner went off just two hours ago. Its full season, they couldn't do anything " Sam said.

Steve was still angry and yelling at the staff and the manager. Sam was busy calling and making new arrangements.

Natasha steppes forward and put a hand on Steve's arm, "Steve, its okay. We'll have our suite by Monday. Before your meetings start, I'm sure. Let's get to the room we have. Its alright "

Steve gave her a confused look. Natasha understood. They couldn't sleep in separate rooms if this happened, but she didn't want the employees to face his wrath just for this small issue.

"Give me the key" Natasha stepped forward and held her hand out to the receptionist.

"I am very sorry, Mrs. Rogers. We didn't want to ruin your first visit" she said trembling as she handed her the key card.

"Its alright, make sure the suite is read by midnight tomorrow. " Natasha said in a sweet but full of authority, voice.

"Let's go" she took Steve's arm and led him to the lift, and he did not protest.

*******
I know, its a boring update after so long.
I was out the whole day, yesterday and lack of sleep & everything.
I would try to give you another update in a few hours.
Anyways, they are going to share the room.
Do give your reviews.