Chapter 47

"You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren't busy denying them."
~ Unknown

......

"Dang, we look good," Dakota hoots as we look ourselves over in the full length mirror.

"Haha, yes we do," I smile. I look at the white bandage on my collarbone and groan. "Really hate this though."

"Think of it as an accessory."

"It's an ugly accessory."

"Can't argue with you on that," she admits sheepishly.

"Thanks," I sarcastically reply.

"You know the dark hair really suits you. Welcome back to the brunette club."

"Haha, thanks," I laugh.

The dress fits perfectly around my body. As someone who works out, I have a curvier figure than most would. I get it from my mom and couldn't thank her more for it.

Since I'm back to being Summer, I decided that I should start letting my natural features show and not hide under a fake appearance. I really did hate being blonde. Not to say that blondes are horrible, I just hated how the blonde hair automatically made people believe that I'd be dumb. That isn't true and I don't know why people still use it as a joke.

Honestly, I would be rich if I got a penny for every time someone cracked a dumb blonde joke on me.

"Ready to go?" Dakota asks.

"Yup," I say as I touch up my nude lipstick. Dakota told me to go with black for the lip colour, but that's a little too bold for me. "Let's go."

As we head out, I grab a small black side purse with a gold chain and hang it on my shoulder. My hair straightened and all brushed back, I push any lose strands behind my shoulders as we walk down to the main floor. Despite my protest, Dakota managed to persuade me into wearing black laced heels. The clicking of the heels, as we walk, makes my ears hurt, but I manage to grow to the sound after a while.

As we walk down the last flight of stairs, I see Vince with his friend Rob, Dean with Zeke and Anthony with Felix, Lane, Graham and Calliste. All of them are either busy on their phones or talking to each other, so they don't notice us as we approach.

"Everyone ready to go?" my father walks in through the front door.

"We're just waiting for Summer," I hear Dean reply. Father furrows his eyebrows when his eyes meet mine through the crowd.

"She's right there," my father answers. Not only Dean, but everyone turns around looking at Dakota and I.

"Ho -ly," Lane breathes out.

"Shit," Felix comments.

"Fuck," Calliste loosens his tie.

"What are you wearing?" Anthony makes his way out of the crowd and stands in front of me. His head tilts down and slowly rises up as he carefully assesses what I'm wearing with disapproval.

"It's a dress."

"I know it's a dress and you, are a kid who should not be wearing clothes like this," he states.

"In other words," Dean takes a stance next to Anthony. "Woman don't dress like sluts in this house."

"Except for the whores you bring home every night," I correct ending with a forced smile. When his features darken with anger, I look at  Dean with a bored expression. My eyes hover past him finding father. "We're ready to go!"