Chapter 27

"... When you've got the world in your hands, it seems like everyone wants you to fail ..."
~ Jamila Velazquez, Raquel Castro and Yani Marin

"~ Jamila Velazquez, Raquel Castro and Yani Marin

......

"Do you see them?"

"I do," I reply to Kai on the phone as I spot a group of girls standing outside the door of a  room.

"Okay, it's only you from now on," he responds ending the call. I stop, looking down at the blank screen of the phone Kai lent me for this mission only. To my side, is a fake plant so I drop the phone in its vase. I take a deep breath before walking towards the girls.

"You're late," a blonde girl scolds me.

"Sorry," I respond.

"Sorry? And what is this?" not even waiting for a response, she harshly pulls off the long trench coat that covered my body. I watch with puppy eyes as she throws the coat on the ground leaving me in netted, black lingerie like the rest of them.

"Are you new or something?"

"No. Uh- Chloe didn't tell me what we're exactly doing so I'm just confused," I respond.

"Oh, well it's nothing new from the ordinary. We line up, men choose who they want and we give them a lap dance. After, we leave," she finishes off.

"We don't stay?" I question.

"Nope," she responds.

I need to stay for the meeting though.

Fuck.

"We're ready whenever you are," a well dressed man says through the door.

"Okay, just give us a minute," the girl standing next to me says. The man nods and leaves making sure that the door is left open.

"Okay girls. They're paying us a whole lot, so give them the best dance you've ever given and don't screw up," she says the last bit looking at me. I nod in response pulling on the black mask as part of our outfits.

One by one, the girls walk inside. I fit myself in between the line trying to blend in. The room is spacious to say the least. It has a large antique dining table where all the men sit wearing their suits. My eyes linger on every single man until they stop on Nick.

His beady eyes focused on a girl's boobs. For some reason, my heart aches. I'm not sure why, but it does. I decide to ignore it as I take in what he's wearing.

He wears an all black suit matched with a watch on his left wrist. His right cheek bone supports a purple bruise which seems fresh. His clothes for the night remind me of Kai. All black is Kai's thing and it agrees with him more than it does with Nick.

"Gentlemen, before we start today's meeting, I thought I'd bring in a little treat for you all," another man speaks. He has light brown hair with blond highlights. His eyes a lighter shade of green, pop due to his darker complexion. From the looks of it, he might be Zack the owner of this mansion. "Choose who you want."