Pushing Norm

"You said that you wanted to see the child in the forth division?"

Aizen looked up from his desk to see Tosen in the doorway. If the man could see he would be looking at the taicho of the fifth division. "Yes... I take it that you have become interested in the child as well? I doubt there is anything worth seeing, but I would also like to know what kind of child he is. I may be wrong in the fact I can't manipulate him or even that he wouldn't be able to stand in the way."

"I'm more interested in whether or not the child is a pure being or not."

"I find you to be quite amusing." The taicho of the fifth division stood up and walked with the taicho of the ninth. They arrived at the forth division and the two moved through the halls. Their presence turned a few heads but no one bothered to ask why they happened to be there. He then headed down the hall that led to the room where the child was, noticing that no one was there to prevent people from going in that direction.

He then stopped in front of the door and saw that the child was being read to by the eighth seat of the forth division. The small boy watched as the page turned, a teddy bear clutched in his arms. The boy leaned up against the other and listened to the words as they rattled off. As the child's eye's watched the page turned, he caught sight of the two men and let out a frightened squeak.

The next thing the man knew the child was diving under the bed, taking the teddy bear with him. Hanataro looked up at the two men, frowning as he did so. "Apologies... Toshiro-kun is still not doing well around adult males."

"No need to apologize. I simply wished to see the boy. He has an interesting shade of hair, that boy does."

"It's kind of hard not to notice." Hanataro blinked a couple of times as he looked at Tosen. "Well... unless of course you can't see."

"It's all right. The child... what kind of personality does he have?"

Hanataro closed the book and placed it on the stand before twisting his body so that he was looking down at the boy. "I don't know. Timid?"

"That isn't much to go on." Tosen frowned at the older of the two boys.

"He's nice. I'm just getting to know him."

Aizen turned his head to look at the mural, taking in the creature that was sprawled across the wall. "That is a very nice painting."

"Toshiro-kun did that."

"I'm surprised that Unohana let him pain on the walls."

"Actually... she didn't. She brought him some paints and he was left unsupervised by the person who was watching him."

"Why would anyone leave him unsupervised?"

"I honestly don't know. I just know that neither one of them go in trouble. I think Unohana had it left up because she thinks it helps Toshiro-kun out."

Aizen looked at the wall. "Is that his zampaktuo spiritu?"

"That's what people guess."

"So he's never spoken."

"As far as I know, no." The boy sat up.

Aizen went down into a sitting position. "I wonder if he would like to see my shikai release." He titled his head so that he could see the boy. "Would you?" He watched as the child turned his head away in fright. Letting out a fake sigh he stood up. "Such a shame. He is a really cute child."

"You should probably leave. It takes time to get him out. At least I think it takes time. I've just taken on the duty of watching him so that Miyako and Isane can have a break. He seems to like me and doesn't laugh at me, but that's probably because he doesn't understand anything I say. I still like him."

"I completely understand. You are doing a very good job with him by the way." The two men then turned to leave.

Tosen spoke first. "So... what did you learn?"

"The child's not worth it either way."

"This is despite the fact he has painted his zampaktuo on the wall?"

"While his zampaktuo spirit looks amazing it is a mute point if the boy is unable to say the zampaktuo's name. And for all they know it may be some imaginary friend the child made up. The child is also small and can't compare to Gin."

"Yes... but Gin... how to describe him. He is not a pure one."

"I think that is what attracted me to that child and made me decide that he was worth using. It's the same reason that I find the Shiba twins to be a problem. This child though... there is nothing worth mentioning."

"I think the child is an interesting creature. He has quite the innocence about him."

"So... would you want him for your fukutaicho?"

"No. As you said there is no way that this child would be of no use. My interest in him does not lie in that manner but in the idea that this child remains simply a pure one. I think being adopted into the Shiba clan would do that, but you also aren't liking of the Shiba twins particularly the younger twin."

"I'm still deciding whether or not I find a way to get rid of him."

"I see that you didn't bring Gin along on this particular mission."

"Gin is busy getting used to his division and the members in said division. We could though stop by and see how he is doing."

"I honestly don't want to see how he is terrorizing his new division members thank you very much."