True Existence

The "food" as they called it tasted good in his his mouth whatever tasting good meant. He knew that he knew what it meant but things simply wouldn't come to him. The dripping of the food down his chin didn't feel good but Miyako was good at wiping it away. Eventually he was able to eat it, none to pleased that she wouldn't let him have more.

Food came and went and he was finally able to sit up. He tried holding the spoon in the same manner Miyako did but found that his fingers weren't wanting to work right so he instead found himself pushing the items around on the trey. He watched as the items moved and for some reason his mind to great interest in this rather then "eating". That was at least until Miyako fed him.

It was then that they brought in the colored blocks. Again, he had an idea of what they were but his mind didn't want to focus on that. Instead his mind focused on the bright colors and shapes, his hands touching the blocks and moving the items around organizing them by colors. He found himself not listening to what the "women" said.

The door opened up and his head jerked up and a thought when through his mind. "Adults are mean." He then realized it was the one they called Isane who had come to see him. "Women are nice. Women must not be adults."

"I don't think that is how it works young master."

"It works for me. I am fine with this." He noticed that Isane had a trey for her and his hands went out. "Yummy or pretty thing?" Miyako of course said what he knew to mean "no" and he went back to his "pretty things" on the other trey. "I want her to know how I feel."

It was then that he rearranged the blocks onto the trey into a frown and to his pleasure the women took notice of what he was doing and Miyako asked if he could make something else. An excitement came to him and he rearranged the blocks to look like his "friend."

"It doesn't look like me."

"I don't have any of that color. It is you though." Of course the women seemed to agree with the "friend" of his. He grabbed the mouth pieces and moved them.

"Is the thing you're talking about an animal?"

Toshiro paused. "Is a dragon an animal? That doesn't sound right." He then went back to moving the blocks around. "Oh well." He paused, catching out of the corner of his eye that Miyako had set her cup on the table. He couldn't resist and reached out, forgetting that holding things was a problem. The "woman" was upset with him but the noise bothered him far more.

He found himself wrapped int her arms as he calmed down. "Why... why can't I?"

He found himself slipping into that special world of his that allowed him to escape and smiled up at the dragon. "Hello!"

"Hello little one."

"Are they mad at me?"

"No."

Hearing that felt good. "Why can't I understand things?"

The dragon paused. "I don't know. You honestly understand everything I've said to you."

"Is a dragon an animal?"

"A dragon is a mythical animal, but dragon is only one of my forms."

"How do you make the color you are?"

"I don't know."

"How do you make any kind of color?"

"I don't know."

Toshiro felt his mouth twist up into a frown. "You're no fun." There came a pause. "Do you want to play?"